BJJ thread

list your belt rank with degrees,school,and master,masters belt level

White Belt

Kioto BJJ

Master Fransico Mansur-9th degree Red belt.

ohh if you do mma you can post that also :)

Its possible that AK does learn under Fransisco Mansur, but that would mean that he was from long Island and not "From: IN YOUR FACE" as he delicatley puts it - However does AK learn Via private instruction or seminars as i imagine neither of them are cheap - again its feasable and would explain why he is only white belt also.

Mythbusters verdict: Plausable

Me

No BJJ Experience

No School

No Master

2 Stripe white belt, 2 months experience.

Took 2nd in my first tournament but then fucked up my neck real bad , so havn't done it in like 6 months, hoping i heal up.

Was training under Nick and Matt Serra

4 stripe white belt

Under Jeremy Henderson in Gracie Barra Abilene

About 3 years experience, mostly with no-gi so I wasn't earning any rank until about a year ago. Now I'm in the middle of changing careers and had to go to a 6 month academy and haven't been able to train at all for about 8-9 months.

BC we don't know your belt rank?

Blue belt (just earned my 2nd stripe). I've been training for close to 3 years. Royler Gracie -> David Adiv -> Thomas Clifford -> Me. My instructor also trains with Renzo Gracie, Ricardo Almeida and John Danaher (it's great living in the NY suburbs -- lots of great jits in the area). Of course the difference between me and the others on the list is astronomical, but I keep working.

How long have you been studying BJJ? Where do you train?

i have been training for 11 years since i was 9 years old over the years i have trained under Steve Headden, Ricardo liborio and Roberto Traven who is my instructor today at Unit 2

i have been training for 11 years since i was 9 years old over the years i have trained under Steve Headden, Ricardo liborio and Roberto Traven who is my instructor today at Unit 2

brown belt?

Wow -- 11 years is a long time to still be a purple belt. Have you had to miss time training in the past or is your school very stingy with promotions? Just curious -- it seems most places you would have a brown or black after 11 years of regular training. Regardless of the belt color though, I bet your skills are damned good after all that time on the mat. You should be proud.

promotions don't come easy where i train but i have had to go through all the kids belts and you can't get your blue belt until your 16 years old and i kept my green belt longer than most and i have not been training as much her lately because of school

i was able to mount a bjj player. i have no training in bjj nor in wrestling (only boxing and karate on and off since single digit age). if strikes were aloud in this sparring session i wouldve pounded his head into the ground, eventually after sitting in mount and not knowing what to do he swept me and got me in a kumura.

bjj players need to stop being arrogant...i'm just saying.

i was able to mount a bjj player. i have no training in bjj nor in wrestling (only boxing and karate on and off since single digit age). if strikes were aloud in this sparring session i wouldve pounded his head into the ground, eventually after sitting in mount and not knowing what to do he swept me and got me in a kumura.

bjj players need to stop being arrogant...i'm just saying.

Why the need to be a troll? I don't see anyone being arrogant in this thread except you.