BJJ thread

im white belt

but i dont really have a master

i train with a Blue and Purple belt.. would be nice to have someone around here with more

experience

but he is a pretty good trainer for here helped my game become stronger..

he can blue belt me tho.. so it would be nice to get belted here ;D

Soon to be a two stripe white belt (which means live rolling)

only been training a few months

train with professor Dante Rivera at Ricardo Almeida BJJ in NJ

Soon to be a two stripe white belt (which means live rolling)

only been training a few months

train with professor Dante Rivera at Ricardo Almeida BJJ in NJ

you have been training for months and not allowed to roll live? Wow

I started rolling live after 2 weeks

you have been training for months and not allowed to roll live? Wow

I started rolling live after 2 weeks

no they don't let you roll live til you get two stripes and progress to intermediate level...i roll with a black belt, Professor Dante in private lessons and get subbed a lot tho lmao

no they don't let you roll live til you get two stripes and progress to intermediate level...i roll with a black belt, Professor Dante in private lessons and get subbed a lot tho lmao

I was subbed 10 times by my instructor in the span of one 5 minute round

I was subbed 10 times by my instructor in the span of one 5 minute round

That's seems kinda crappy. Why would he do that? Just to prove how much better he was than you? Did he explain why he beat you up like that, because I don't see how that would help teach you jits. Maybe you were getting too cocky, so he had to put you in your place. ;)

That's seems kinda crappy. Why would he do that? Just to prove how much better he was than you? Did he explain why he beat you up like that, because I don't see how that would help teach you jits. Maybe you were getting too cocky, so he had to put you in your place. ;)

yea i get pointers when i take my beatings, bout grips and hand position, keeping my balance cause he's forever sweeping me but thats what happens when you go against someone far superior

He does that to a lot of guys, at least the ones who are not that experienced. He typically starts rolling with guys when they are close to getting a blue belt. None of the students have passed his guard at my school yet since it opened (3 years about).

He is the nicest most humble guy ever, but he wants you to earn it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

In fact his technique is so good that I never feel any pain at all while rolling with him unless I try and fight out of a submission or have a pre existing injury.

There was a nice guy at my gym for a while who is stationed in Alaska and is the combatives instructor up there. I guess he was sent back since he's gone now.

He had a decent guard.

haha wow.. also forgot to mention

Modern Army Combatives lvl 1 certified xD

its what got me into BJJ tho

i saw army combatives stuff on youtube, the unarmed stuff looked like an mma training program to me

i saw army combatives stuff on youtube, the unarmed stuff looked like an mma training program to me

Yeah well there are 4 levels of combatives

sadly level one only prepares u for unexperienced ppl

when i started to train BJJ foreals

i only kept up with the better technique guys cuz

i was stronger then them

but their technique speed and set ups

were FAR beyond ME lol

i was always fighting to survive

then after training with them

i became the one trying to submit while

they played defense xD