People training at Cozads, WHY?

I might be missing something, but why do anybody train at Cozads?

As far as i have read, the bad cleanliness and equipment condition should decrease the fighters morale and they should get in shape more slowly...

I also understand in the forum that you shouldnt train more than 5 people at the same time with an elite trainer. But if you take a look at Cozads in Vegas, people happily train 53 people at the same time with a competent coach. Do they get any training at all??

Given the amount of gyms available in fx. Vegas, one would think that people could find a better + cheaper place to train.

Im still relativly new to the game, so there might be something i have misunderstood, please inlighten me!

lol we all offer help on here but can you remember when you first started playing this game?

the whole thing of making mistakes and then sorting them out IS the clutch of the game

i have recruited maybee 20-30 people into this game and only one has listend to what i told him lol

most people create fighters and put em into the qfc to see if they made a fighter right

as we all know this is the wrong way to go , but i did it myself.

the game has a steep learning curve , and i wouldnt change it , thats the whole attraction.

when you see a manager with 20-1 record , you know he has played before or is a multi

there is no way that anyone can come in create four fighters and win 20 fights without prior experience of the game

when you see a manager with 20-1 record , you know he has played before or is a multi

there is no way that anyone can come in create four fighters and win 20 fights without prior experience of the game

yeah i think the same thing, especially when they arent VIP and theyre dominating like that...multi.

or maybe theyre asking questions on the forums and CW is answering them.

its so easy for a noob to get good just by visiting the forums i think.

yeah i think the same thing, especially when they arent VIP and theyre dominating like that...multi.

or maybe theyre asking questions on the forums and CW is answering them.

its so easy for a noob to get good just by visiting the forums i think.

very true now days -- in chat i know i have helped quite a few and so does pureevil a lot --- i know we didnt get the help we give out but also the game was knew so everyone was kind of inexperienced

Ok so i did a quick count, and here is the numbers for Cozads worldwide:

London – 425

Vegas – 622

Tokyo – 266

Rio – 481

St. Petersburg – 231

LA – 355

Sydney – 140

Montreal – 244

NY – 395

Helsinki – 238

Hilo – 208

Amsterdam – 226

Cozads overall - 3.831

They all pay 50 bucks a week. Thats 191.550$ a week that could go in to the pockets of real players and could be used to build the quality of the gyms, and raise the quality of the fighters aswell.

How the hell do we reach these people???

Well most of them are probably inactive.

As for going 20-1 means your a multi, I went 20-1 when I first joined and wasn't a multi and had no experince with this game or any others, so I wouldn't say that was the case.

Although I got VIP pretty early on, I'd agree 20-1 without VIP smells a bit fishy.

How come fighters just can't just start without a gym instead? That way, they don't waste $50 bucks training nothing, considering there are gyms that are cheaper than that in every city. It would kind of force them to the forums to figure out how to pop in stats.

I went 21-1 (now I'm 21-2 :suicide_anim: ) with no VIP and my first 4 fighters. I didn't even read the forums before starting, was just lucky. I'm no multi just decent with sliders. Don't expect everyone that plays the game to play to your shitty level

Also, I think most games make the default starter position at least remotely worthwhile, unlike Cozad which is worse quality and more expensive than the "Cozad alternative" fitness gyms found in every city. If a noob joins, jumps right into a QFC and then loses interest in the game after going 0-1, that would explain a lot of Cozad members waiting for their initial funds to run out.

I focused on Cozad members when I opened my gym as well, and only had 1 guy flat out refuse and stay in Cozad. Sometimes people won't take your help, even if it's offered freely. Haha.

There's also the fact that the game is very non-linear unless you talk to a veteran. (or eventually find out about conditioning/strength training)

Most other games have a guideline of where to start but in Tycoon the guideline isn't exactly the guideline.

Not only is it hard to gauge whether you should trust a cheaper user made gym (remember the warnings about supplement companies?), it is harder to understand how to level up from gym to gym especially with no knowledge of working conditioning and strength via supplements first.

Finally, I've played no other game where the clans and the leagues are actually pure companies and many might think it's about club recruitment and not quality so they're saving up enough cash to join the more expensive clubs to be more with the competitive crowd.

• 1 month later...

Do you guys think the Cozad gyms should be removed from the game to force new people to join a user created gym? im just thinking; no one wins by having those gyms around....

Do you guys think the Cozad gyms should be removed from the game to force new people to join a user created gym? im just thinking; no one wins by having those gyms around....

I agree with you. Remove them from the game and instead have a message after fighter creation: "One of the first things you need to do is to join a gym so your fighter can train. To find one, click on Highstreet and look in the city where your fighter trains. New fighters don't start with much money, so check the weekly fee to be sure you can pay it for several weeks! The less expensive gyms are found toward the bottom of the gym listings."

I don't understand people in general being a gym owner.

My gym Grappling Pro Gym in Tokyo has 9 coaches with 7 elites and 2 double elites, I charge £500 for this which is cheap and I see people in crammed gyms with high class sizes in dirty gyms.

Just pay a little bit extra and get some decent training!

But hey our sister gym Grappling Pro Fitness is £25 per week and the owner Chris has worked hard on it focused on Cozad and has over 160 people now been open 2 weeks.

You just have to work hard with it plus I had a lot of help from my alliance Mr Black and Al chohol.

It helps being in an alliance where they put there fighters in your gym, don't create it in a city they have no fighters lol like me!

I agree with you. Remove them from the game and instead have a message after fighter creation: "One of the first things you need to do is to join a gym so your fighter can train. To find one, click on Highstreet and look in the city where your fighter trains. New fighters don't start with much money, so check the weekly fee to be sure you can pay it for several weeks! The less expensive gyms are found toward the bottom of the gym listings."

Good idea!

I know i have hit up many Cozad gyms to offer free supplements or getting them to join a far greater gym that is cheaper and give them free supplements for joining; out of probably 100+ managers, I think I've had maybe 5 actually respond and take up the offer. Leads me to think that a large amount of those managers are in fact inactive. They sign up, start making guys, don't know what they are doing, don't feel like researching in forums or anything and stop playing.

Taking away the Cozads, I think would get these managers to go searching for gyms and once they join one, typically there is a large amount of great information handy for them in the news portion of gyms; this might cause fewer inactive managers/fighters.

I actually suggested that a long time ago and Mike basically said there was already too much to go thru at the beginning anyway, and it was better to let them do it on their own. But that was a year ago and things might have changed.

Now, I can still see the argument for having them removed, but noticing the sheer number of people in Cozad who are inactive makes me think if it were gone a lot of gyms would wind up with a lot of inactive people. Once you can boot people from the gyms (I think that's supposed to be added, anyway), then maybe it should be considered, but atm it'd probably be annoying to realize in a few months that yes, your gym filled up more quickly, but now you're stick with 50 inactive people and it's really hard to improve the gym.

(I know there's invites and you can block people from entering that way, but the people who would be most helped by Cozad closing down are probably not the people who send out invites....they just need people, NOW.)

Taking away the Cozads, I think would get these managers to go searching for gyms and once they join one, typically there is a large amount of great information handy for them in the news portion of gyms; this might cause fewer inactive managers/fighters.

Maybe, but if they're not willing to research and figure out the game at some point, they'll probably still go inactive fairly quickly.

I actually suggested that a long time ago and Mike basically said there was already too much to go thru at the beginning anyway, and it was better to let them do it on their own. But that was a year ago and things might have changed.

Now, I can still see the argument for having them removed, but noticing the sheer number of people in Cozad who are inactive makes me think if it were gone a lot of gyms would wind up with a lot of inactive people. Once you can boot people from the gyms (I think that's supposed to be added, anyway), then maybe it should be considered, but atm it'd probably be annoying to realize in a few months that yes, your gym filled up more quickly, but now you're stick with 50 inactive people and it's really hard to improve the gym.

I think it's important to point out that even if the managers go inactive, the fighters pay dues until they run out of money and then are kicked from the gym. This can help to provide the early influx of cash necessary to allow new gyms to gain a foothold, while keeping actual training numbers lower than they appear.

I think it's important to point out that even if the managers go inactive, the fighters pay dues until they run out of money and then are kicked from the gym. This can help to provide the early influx of cash necessary to allow new gyms to gain a foothold, while keeping actual training numbers lower than they appear.

That is very true. It's just a what-if situation then. What if they're set to part-time and in a $200 gym, filling up Tues./Thurs./Sat. classes with people who aren't actually gonna use that training, what if they go inactive under full-time work but your gym looks all crappy cause of the coach ratio, etc.

Pros and cons. I don't think Cozad's necessary....it's just up to whether Mike changed his mind from last year.

That is very true. It's just a what-if situation then. What if they're set to part-time and in a $200 gym, filling up Tues./Thurs./Sat. classes with people who aren't actually gonna use that training, what if they go inactive under full-time work but your gym looks all crappy cause of the coach ratio, etc.

Pros and cons. I don't think Cozad's necessary....it's just up to whether Mike changed his mind from last year.

Ahh great points Patti, I never thought of those things happening; There is a strong chance most of those inactive managers do have fighters set to part time, and if they join a gym that charges 200 or less, you'd never get rid of em. I guess there would have to be a lot more control given to a gym owner to allow for the deletion of Cozad. Maybe Mike will be looking into this in the near future.