I tryd out for TUF 12 yesterday

charles is 22-16

and never trains.

has probably the best credentials out there. but he waste them.

ohh yeah he is a GnP guy with striking that is why hew got subbed.

and he isn't a tapper.

p.s. he ko'd KJ noons. that is why he made it.

thx wikipedia

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo tycooner I tryd out for TUF 12 155ers and 205ers yesterday in NC. Great turn out with tons of fighters, somethn like 300 155 pound fighters and only 30 or so 205ers....the 205rs looked terrible, only one or two legit guys.

This is why 155 and 170 will always be the thoughest divisions. There are just so much more fighters in those divisions than in 205 or heavyweight. Good luck, hope to see you in the UFC one day.

thanks everyone, and psu i'll let you know for sure. But also want to let you guys know a lot of good fighters didnt make it to the interview stage and a lot of people made it on being entertaining alone. Example, the UFC make everyone roll for 2 minutes and if there not impressed you get cut right there. Charles "Crazy Horse" Bennett was at the tryouts and got submitted 4 times in two minutes of rolling with some average joe and got to move on. I also believe his record is sumthn like 12-14. I guess ratings sell, hopefully i was enteraining enough for get a call in a week or two

-Jeff

If you don't get through and try out next year (or do and want to be entertaining) just keep telling how you like to break shit (arms. legs. etc) and fuck people and im sure you'll get a reaction like you did on here ;)

If people want to see you get beat that's a good thing, Tito made a few PPVs work because a lot of people tuned in to see him get beat up.

Play the unsporting heel role, piss some people off in the house and win some fights, you'll be onto a winner!

i heard that they wasnt bothered if you got subbed or not, just as long as you kept moving so that uneducated viewers dont get bored with grappling. this is why bennet got through and rhadi ferguson got cut right after the grappling

Rhadi got cut wow he's probaly the best judoka in the usa right now

no offense to Rhadi but he has a very basic ground game when i come to BJJ.....Also you were required to have 3 pro mma fights i doubt he has any. Also he looked to weigh at least 250 not even near 205. And last but not least the dude is completely full of himself. With that said all the best luck to him in his MMA career!

-Jeff

Rhadi got cut wow he's probaly the best judoka in the usa right now

I have said it once. I have said it twice. I will say it 100 more times.

wrestling > judo

Everything I have ever seen a judoka do that is applicable to MMA, I saw in wrestling whether it be greco, folk, or freestyle.

I have said it once. I have said it twice. I will say it 100 more times.

wrestling > judo

Everything I have ever seen a judoka do that is applicable to MMA, I saw in wrestling whether it be greco, folk, or freestyle.

:rolleyes: When was the last time you saw a submission in wrestling? BJJ = Brazilian judo

Let's do UFC 1 again and let the wrestler try to pin the judoka without tapping at one point.

:rolleyes: When was the last time you saw a submission in wrestling? BJJ = Brazilian judo

Let's do UFC 1 again and let the wrestler try to pin the judoka without tapping at one point.

bjj isn't judo. judo is part of it. but it is manly jiu jitsu not judo

No, the Gracies learned judo.

Jiu-Jitsu -> Judo -> Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

no they learned jiu jitsu then challenged all the judoka. all the judoka considered them 6th dan black belts

no they learned jiu jitsu then challenged all the judoka. all the judoka considered them 6th dan black belts

And after that Rickson Gracie defeated a dragon by armbar and dropped the magic ring into a vulcano to earn a sparkle belt.

And after that Rickson Gracie defeated a dragon by armbar and dropped the magic ring into a vulcano to earn a sparkle belt.

and then you turn to petty insults. when you are loseing and arguement. that sir shows that you just lost.

And you seldom see many if any Judoka who are submission aces. Aoki is an exception but he is more BJJ influenced than Judo.

Karo is a decision machine who knows a kimura.

Soko gets choked out by turtle necks.

Nakamura's ground game is very average.

Yoshida (both of them) are only decent on the ground subbing people who are awful on the ground (Tank and War Machine respectively)

etc

etc

etc

And you seldom see many if any Judoka who are submission aces. Aoki is an exception but he is more BJJ influenced than Judo.

Karo is a decision machine who knows a kimura.

Soko gets choked out by turtle necks.

Nakamura's ground game is very average.

Yoshida (both of them) are only decent on the ground subbing people who are awful on the ground (Tank and War Machine respectively)

etc

etc

etc

To expand on this, there were no decent wrestlers in the UFC until Mark Coleman came along. And the talent pool for Judo is very limited anywhere in combat sports. I would love to see Remco Pardoel submit Mark Coleman, Mark Kerr, or Don Frye...

To expand on this, there were no decent wrestlers in the UFC until Mark Coleman came along. And the talent pool for Judo is very limited anywhere in combat sports. I would love to see Remco Pardoel submit Mark Coleman, Mark Kerr, or Don Frye...

Mark Coleman got fought a judoka twice and lost both by armbar. Don Frye faced a judoka once and lost by armbar. Mark Kerr never faced a judoka as far as I know.

Aoki never learned BJJ. Why would a Japanese fighter learn BJJ? Every submission in BJJ comes from Judo, a Japanese martial arts. If the Gracies learn judo from Maeda and rename it Gracie Jiu jitsu, than that is Aoki Jiu jitsu at best. Demian Maia also never practiced BJJ till he was 20. That throw he did on Chael Sonnen, he didn't learn from doing BJJ.

Wrestlers outnumber Judokas 100:1 in MMA. There's no popular collegiate judo system and judokas don't often transition to MMA. No surprises that there are more talented wrestlers in MMA than talented judokas. You can't say that wrestling > than judo because you are nothing with wrestling alone. You can't win a fight by pinning your opponent. You mention Pardoel, but if it wasn't for Royce, who got his skills from Judo and came from a family who fought against judo legends like Kimura, than he would probably have won UFC 2.

Mark Coleman got fought a judoka twice and lost both by armbar. Don Frye faced a judoka once and lost by armbar. Mark Kerr never faced a judoka as far as I know.

Aoki never learned BJJ. Why would a Japanese fighter learn BJJ? Every submission in BJJ comes from Judo, a Japanese martial arts. If the Gracies learn judo from Maeda and rename it Gracie Jiu jitsu, than that is Aoki Jiu jitsu at best. Demian Maia also never practiced BJJ till he was 20. That throw he did on Chael Sonnen, he didn't learn from doing BJJ.

Wrestlers outnumber Judokas 100:1 in MMA. There's no popular collegiate judo system and judokas don't often transition to MMA. No surprises that there are more talented wrestlers in MMA than talented judokas. You can't say that wrestling > than judo because you are nothing with wrestling alone. You can't win a fight by pinning your opponent. You mention Pardoel, but if it wasn't for Royce, who got his skills from Judo and came from a family who fought against judo legends like Kimura, than he would probably have won UFC 2.

you are soooooooooooooo wrong lol Aoki is a black belt in bjj. and Gracie learned JIU JITSU NOT JUDO until later from Maeda. and jiu jitsu is a japanese martial art. the gracies just refined it.

Fedor is a combat sambo fighter which is the closest thing to MMA in a martial art. He isn't a judoka. He is a sambo stylist.

This is Jeff's TUF 12 thread so lets leave it as that so he can come here and update us without interrupting the battle of the know it alls on Judo, Ju Jitsu, BJJ and the fucking Gracies!

Currently only 20 of Jeff's "Never Tap (LE)" shirts are available.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/12705997531265677131nevertap_user.png

Good luck you animal.