sponsorships

I find that sponsorships are very hard to come by. I have done some research and I found out that Clothing and Nutrition companies don't see a point in sponsoring fighters since its just a waste of money for them.

I am not sure how this can be changed but I think something needs to be done in such a way that when a company sponsors a fighter, both company and fighter would benefit.

Perhaps, if one company sponsors a fighter. then the fighter should only be able to purchase from this company.

Any other suggestions are welcome as long as this gets corrected.

Clothing & Nutrition companies get hype from sponsoring fighters - at least that's how I've always understood it.

I feel just the opposite about the sponsorship system, in that there really is no reason for a fighter to accept a sponsorship other than to do a favor to some company. Unless we are talking about a fighter just starting out, in which case, the fighter likely doesn't have enough hype to make it worth it for a company to sponsor him. At least not with much more than some free product. But really, that is fairly realistic. What is unrealistic is people thinking that their newly created fighter deserves a sponsorship that will allow him to train in a $600 gym for a month.

Sponsorship really is just about people doing favors for one another. At the start of a fighter's career, if he is sponsored, that's the company doing him a favor, as he doesn't provide much back in terms of hype. By the time a fighter has sufficient hype, he has no need for the money or freebies that a sponsorship provides.

Of course, I really don't see any need for the sponsorships. The only sponsorships I've taken have really taken four forms:

1) Those offered to me out of the blue by people I don't know. Probably less than 50/50 chance I'll accept these, and it will largely depend on my mood and perhaps the type of offer.

2) Prizes won. While these show up as sponsorships, I don't really consider them as such. I won a prize. The fact that it came in the form of a sponsorship helps the sponsor, not me. I'd be just as well off to simply receive the money or free goods.

3) Helping out friends in the game. None of my guys currently needs a sponsorship, and really none ever have. But if I can help out a friend's company by moving his store up a place or two on the Highstreet list, I'll take a sponsorship for little money or just a free item.

4) Pre-arranged sponsorships, where I've bought a good number of items at a store and in return have received a sponsorship. Really amounts to money just circling around.

As for the suggestion that a sponsored fighter can only buy from the store, that would pretty much end any of my fighters ever agreeing to a sponsorship. As it is, sponsorships do a lot more for the company than they do for the fighter. That suggestion would mean that a sponsorship does everything for a store and basically takes money from a fighter over the long run. If I can only buy my clothes from one place, that place better have given me enough of a sponsorship to pay for every single item I'm going to buy over the length of that sponsorship.

something I found buggy is the fact that a 1$ sponsor = the same hype from the fighter then a 500$ sponsor... Also why sponsor dont give a LOTS of moral to a fighter... Hey you get free stuff... In reality if someone give me free stuff I get a smile on my face... If the stuff is ok I mean.... you know... not crappy free stuff!

The only thing a compagny get from a sponsor is hype.

Fighter get money and free stuff!

Why someone refuse sponsor... Your fighter get no bad stuff from it, that dosent make sens to refuse except if you have already a compagny opponent and you really dont want to give hype to the opponent compagny...

The only thing a compagny get from a sponsor is hype.

Fighter get money and free stuff!

Why someone refuse sponsor... Your fighter get no bad stuff from it, that dosent make sens to refuse except if you have already a compagny opponent and you really dont want to give hype to the opponent compagny...

That hype must be worth something to the companies - otherwise why would they send out sponsorships to random people?

A free shirt? A free 4 weeks supply of a stamina product rated lower than what I have and my fighter is already at Sensational? A couple hundred bucks when I have thousands? What value do any of those things have to me? Perhaps if I was just starting out, but I didn't bother with sponsorships then either. Really, a fighter has no need for sponsorships to do well in the game. Be smart, work your way up, and realize that you can't start at the top.

I agree with you on sponsor is not needed to succeed, but I can't really understand the reason of rejecting it. If you are leaving the sponsor slot open, might as well help out the others by accepting their sponsor, not like you will gain anything if your sponsor slots are open, but you certainly gains a few hundred bucks(not needed, but whatever, you can throw them to poor shop as donation anyway) for getting a sponsor.

I don't know, but it seems that you hate sponsorship for no reason stated(or because you hate to help others unless it benefits you...), you are ok with getting a cash prize, which has the same amount even when they are sent as sponsorship, but because they are there in sponsorship form, you just...don't want it all of a sudden(or still take it but with negative feeling).

I agree with you on sponsor is not needed to succeed, but I can't really understand the reason of rejecting it. If you are leaving the sponsor slot open, might as well help out the others by accepting their sponsor, not like you will gain anything if your sponsor slots are open, but you certainly gains a few hundred bucks(not needed, but whatever, you can throw them to poor shop as donation anyway) for getting a sponsor.

I don't know, but it seems that you hate sponsorship for no reason stated(or because you hate to help others unless it benefits you...), you are ok with getting a cash prize, which has the same amount even when they are sent as sponsorship, but because they are there in sponsorship form, you just...don't want it all of a sudden(or still take it but with negative feeling).

I don't hate sponsorship, I just feel it is a pretty pointless part of the game from a fighter's perspective. You whole post seems as if you really didn't read anything I've written, and certainly has twisted everything I said to the point of ridiculousness. To claim that I hate to help others unless it benefits me based on what I've written is silly and insulting.

I reject out-of-the-blue sponsorships for pretty much the reason you mentioned. Tying up one of my sponsorships spots for 30, 40, or 60 days to help out someone who I don't know, who typically has sent a minimal value sponsorship, who has made no attempt to actually contact me - all prevents me from helping out more deserving people. And obviously if you'd read my posts, you'd know I don't even reject all of them. Even when I win prizes, I generally try to have the prize go to one of my more hyped fighters so the store gets more of a benefit from it, so having an open sponsorship for my top guys does have a benefit to me. And I don't really solicit sponsorships beyond offering to help someone out by giving them a 30 day sponsorship for a free item. Many clothing/nutrient owners seem to feel that all fighters should simply accept their sponsorship offers no matter what, and complain about fighters who don't or who want more. I'm sorry, but really sponsorships have almost no value to a fighter, other than for a manager who has just started playing the game, and are all about helping shops build their hype. If store owners want more people to accept their sponsorships (as the initial poster stated) the obligation is on them to make the sponsorship enticing to the manager. Of course new managers also need to understand that their fighters don't deserve $1,000 sponsorship - heck they typically don't deserve any sponsorship. So if a store is giving a sponsorship to a new manager's untested fighter, that store is also really doing it as a favor (for which they get something in return - so I guess they don't really like helping people out either, according to you) more than anything.

Sponsorship is a pretty flawed system in the game, so I largely ignore it. But the original poster's contention is that it is flawed because it doesn't do anything for the stores and that it needs to be changed to more favor stores is incorrect. Right now sponsorships are largely just about friends helping friends out (and money laundering); they in no way represent the concept of "sponsorship" as seen in the real world. But if there is one side that certainly gets more out of sponsorships, it is the stores.

I will apologize first, very sorry if my post offended you in any way, not my...errr...intention to do that(and that "because you hate to help others unless it benefits you" is just feeling, sorry about that). And yup, I do agree that sponsorship is pretty flawed until now. And to be frank, the hype isn't really helping the company that much(maybe more exposure as you can sit on top of the company list and that's it), just like it isn't really helping the fighter. Gah...on a second thought, it helps the company more than the fighter. Still, it's so sad to see that 95% of my sales come from those I didn't sponsor...

However, I still hope the hype can be more useful in the future.

No problem. And I agree that sponsorships don't really help companies all that much either - it's just that it helps them more than it helps fighters generally. There are companies sitting at the top of Highstreets that I don't think are the best in that city. Whether being at the top of the list really helps their sales or not, I have no idea. These companies must think it has some value, though, as they've put out the sponsorships to generate that hype.

A more useful system of sponsorship would be nice, but as it is a part of the game I largely find it easy to get by without, it's not something I see as a pressing issue. But too often the suggested ways to improve it, such as the one offered in the initial post, create an even more flawed system one way or the other. Really, until there are ways for fighters to use all the money they make, there isn't going to be a reason for any fighter with more than a handful of fights to take a sponsorship other than helping out a friend with a hype boost. And realistically, no fighter with less than a handful of fights is deserving of anything but a very minor sponsorship. So it's a flawed system on both ends.

AlecBurke, you have probably a prob with the fact that YOU HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY! In fact, if you were a new player, every single sponsoir that give you even only 50$ you will be ok with it and you will never talk about it. But you are rich and that make you a crying baby!

The only bad I really found in this game is the money! Yes because it make people do crazy stuff... Some shop open and sell NO PROFIT shirt!!! That stupid, some nutriment shop sell 159 quality for 90$ and less!!!! In fact if you have too much money, you just destroye the game and make it bad for everyone! Also... How can a fighter get 30000 in is bank if he train each week at a 600$ gym??? He get a very very big contract??? So again it's braking the game!!!! Yes I know ORG make way too much money so they can give you that.... But now... You come here and say... Sponsor give nothing to fighter!!!!

YES sponsor give nothing to a fighter if you can get contract that give you 30 000$ each week! That insane! and I see that on fighter who have 1-0-0!!!! Player with too much money are what make sponsor useless... not the sponsor! Any new player are very proud to recieve a sponsor of 500$ it make him train 10 week at a 50$ gym!!!

So unless you prove that you are not a rich cry baby that want more of everything... stop saying that sponsor give nothing to player!!!

Sponsors are a good advertising method. Think of how many people probably don't visit the forums but will read fight logs. Those will keep record of who their sponsor was at the time and if more people are seeing your name on fighters Tale of the Tapes...chances are you are going to see more business because more people will see your name.

Really that is the only good thing behind them in my opinion. Hype isn't really a factor at this point to me, I will still send out deals to people I have worked with in the past and to newer guys to help get them going. But really, there isn't much of a benefit to it.

AlecBurke, you have probably a prob with the fact that YOU HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY! In fact, if you were a new player, every single sponsoir that give you even only 50$ you will be ok with it and you will never talk about it. But you are rich and that make you a crying baby!

The only bad I really found in this game is the money! Yes because it make people do crazy stuff... Some shop open and sell NO PROFIT shirt!!! That stupid, some nutriment shop sell 159 quality for 90$ and less!!!! In fact if you have too much money, you just destroye the game and make it bad for everyone! Also... How can a fighter get 30000 in is bank if he train each week at a 600$ gym??? He get a very very big contract??? So again it's braking the game!!!! Yes I know ORG make way too much money so they can give you that.... But now... You come here and say... Sponsor give nothing to fighter!!!!

YES sponsor give nothing to a fighter if you can get contract that give you 30 000$ each week! That insane! and I see that on fighter who have 1-0-0!!!! Player with too much money are what make sponsor useless... not the sponsor! Any new player are very proud to recieve a sponsor of 500$ it make him train 10 week at a 50$ gym!!!

So unless you prove that you are not a rich cry baby that want more of everything... stop saying that sponsor give nothing to player!!!

Wow, another person who apparently doesn't read. I'm not crying about anything. I'm pointing out that sponsorships don't really do much in the game, and there really isn't a reason to do them, primarily from a fighter's point of view, but also from a company's. At the moment, I regret that I've bought stuff from your shop, given this attitude.

And no, I largely didn't do sponsorships when I was starting out either. Didn't really need to, as I understood that there is no reason a new fighter needs to be in a $600 gym right away. My guys went out and earned their money by fighting and slowing worked their way up to having contracts which now allow them to be in those $600 gyms - at least most of the time. Even my top guys don't have 5 digit fight contracts, as you suggest, not even close. And my top two are in the top 10 for their weight class for Montreal and undefeated title holders (although I expect one may drop his title tonight). Of course my sparring leaders for my own gym are stuck in a $50 gym, so they are going to end up with cash even with a normal starting contract. The fact that my guys tend to win, means they get bigger contracts as they go along, which means they get bigger bank rolls. Isn't that how the game should work? But sponsorship is completely unnecessary for being a successful fighter in this game. And I certainly don't have too much money, as my manager bank account would attest. I've only got about $5k at the moment and will need to send about half of that to my gym to cover this week's equipment replacement. Certainly some of my fighters have cash, but they've earned it. And even there, it's largely because I'm smart with how I spend it and don't just go throwing it all away on products I don't need.

I also posted that the whole sponsorship system was completely flawed way back when I was starting out, in that it didn't make any sense that a new, unknown fighter would get a sponsorship deal of even $10, and that once a fighter has fought 5 times, he probably doesn't need a sponsorship deal. So, no, my opinion concerning the sponsorship system has not changed from when I started. I think most of my early sponsorships were either random acts of kindness from a veteran player or me shuffling money from one of my fighters to another (and giving some shop owner a cut, of course).

I said sponsorships are okay (but certainly not necessary) for new managers - the problem is that sponsoring a new manager does just about nothing for the company. Therefore companies often, understandably, don't want to sponsor new managers, and certainly not with the type of sponsorships that some new managers seem to think they deserve. It's a pretty flawed and meaningless system in the game, from both ends. But I still argue that it certainly has more benefit to the companies (both in terms of hype and for advertising, as Ryan pointed out), than it does for fighters. The original poster said that companies need more incentive to offer sponsorships - and offered up a proposal that would severely hurt fighters to the point of no intelligent manager accepting any sponsorship. There is plenty of incentive now for companies to offer sponsorships - certainly more incentive than there is for a fighter to take one.

The fact that two of the people who are now jumping into this discussion are clothing owners who clearly want to offer sponsorship only proves that the initial poster's claim is invalid. Why don't the two of you offer him some sponsorships, as he clearly is interested in receiving some and you both seem to think there is a problem finding fighters to accept your sponsorships.

A simple look at my fighters will show that I do still do sponsorships - but as I explained, I do them knowing that it's primarily helping out the company with a hype boost and whatever little bit they throw me (unless we are talking about the sponsors I have for winning a prize or received out of the blue, I normally only get some free product) really isn't that important. And I try to find newer players to the game, rather than the established. I worked a lot with Ryan and 5th Round when we were both starting out, but he doesn't really need the hype boost for 5th Round any more, and I have plenty of money to buy new stuff from him when I need it, so I now try to save my sponsorships for newer players that could use a hype boost and are either offering a product I use or who have done something I think deserves a reward.

i own THE STEEL PENN nutrition company in Hilo and i have no problem handing out sponsorships so if you need one contact me or Mr.White

The fact that two of the people who are now jumping into this discussion are clothing owners who clearly want to offer sponsorship only proves that the initial poster's claim is invalid. Why don't the two of you offer him some sponsorships, as he clearly is interested in receiving some and you both seem to think there is a problem finding fighters to accept your sponsorships.

Actually I didn't really sponsor much nowadays cuz I am saving money to pay off my debt, I sponsored a lot when I just get my business running and I kinda regret it because it drains a lot of money away which is not worth it IMO(at least not worth until I actually start earning money, that time I am willing to help). But still, I sent you some cuz a little more hype isn't hurting anyway. xD

@Star

Since with the new update that fighters starting in a lower population city will get extra money, I guess sponsorship is really not needed now even for new managers.

There was nothing in AlecBurke's post that could be seen as him being a "crying baby." From what I read he wasn't even really complaining. He was only pointing out that although he agrees that the sponsorship system is flawed, he does not agree with the original post about HOW and WHY this system is flawed. And it is a fact that sponsorships don't really offer much to fighters after a certain point. He wasn't even really demanding that fighters get more out of sponsorships.

Ok my new med get me overabusing! I bust my shoulder last week and now I'm on a new med... So I over react about the sponsorship!

Sponsor for fighter is not good because people get too much money, lower gym cost too low.

Sponsor for compagny give the same amount of Hype if I give 1$ then if I give 500$ to the same fighter. WHY?

Yes if a small new compagny cannot give big sponsor it will make is Hype get slower... but in real life... New compagny take time to become famous! Also Hype dosent really drop fast, even if you just give one or two sponsor by week, you will get more hype then you lost it! And if you get a 500 week you even get more.

My compagny is pretty new, only 6 weeks, but my sell are pretty high VS the number two in montreal! So Hype give nothing to a clothing compagny. You stuff isn't better, you dont sell more or less becose your first or last... So why Hype for clothing compagny and... Also Nutriment compagny... I'm sure if I look I will see lower hype sell more then high hype! Hype dosent represent how famous your shop is.

Gym dosent seem to get Hype... Why?

AlecBurke, my bad if I was so mean with you.... I have new med and really sometime I become very mean! I just comeback from the hopital and they get me new med!

Hi Guys,

Yes I see the replies...

So knowing that sponsorships have no effect really on a fighter or a company, this has to change. So I am hoping that Mike Tycoon sees this and helps change this portion of the game and come up with some type of benefit for a company to sponsor fighters.

I am trying to see if anyone has any ideas on how sponsorships could be improved.

Let me know.

This might be a good way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Currently sponsoring fighters is only for companies to gain hype and fighters to gain money. The problem there lies in the end result.

For Companies, Hype = Highstreet Placement = Not Worth Money

For Fighters, Sponsorship = Money = Unnecessary While They Offer Good Hype

Now we enter in the two birds with one stone, clothing companies have been wanting a "quality level" implemented much like nutrition companies.

What if:

Hype = Clothing Quality Increase

Then for fighters:

Clothing Sponsorship = Money/Higher Quality Clothing Items Free/Clothing Items of Higher Quality Give Higher Morale (this has been mentioned before)

This would benefit all parties involved and solve the quality issue clothing companies have.

X

Ok my new med get me overabusing! I bust my shoulder last week and now I'm on a new med... So I over react about the sponsorship!

:notworthy: pure comedy!

Hype = Clothing Quality Increase

Then for fighters:

Clothing Sponsorship = Money/Higher Quality Clothing Items Free/Clothing Items of Higher Quality Give Higher Morale (this has been mentioned before)

This would benefit all parties involved and solve the quality issue clothing companies have.

this would fuck new clothing companies

. . .

Gym dosent seem to get Hype... Why?

AlecBurke, my bad if I was so mean with you.... I have new med and really sometime I become very mean! I just comeback from the hopital and they get me new med!

No problem, but may I suggest staying off the forums, or at the least not posting, while the meds are in full effect? :D

Gym's have no use for hype, as they are listed based on costs. There was a time 4-6 months ago when a lot of suggestions were thrown around for developing a gym hype, but it's a different issue. I thought all of them were largely fundamentally flawed myself, as a good manager isn't going to put a fighter in a gym based on hype but by looking at the gyms and determining which one offers what his fighter needs.

Regarding hype and clothing/supps, while I think the current system is flawed, perhaps another problem is that the way most people perceive of it is also flawed. In terms of being a minor advertising tool, it is working quite like it should. It gets a store listed higher on Highstreet, for whatever good that does, and results in pretty minor sponsorships going out to fighters. Perhaps the issue is that we as players need to stop thinking that sponsorships should provide any type of large benefit to either side. New managers/fighters thinking they should get sponsorships of more than a couple of hundred bucks is somewhat silly. A $50 sponsorship will allow a new fighter to train for free for at least a week, perhaps two if you start in a sparring only gym. A $200/30 day sponsorship means a fighter gets to train for free for a month or more - unless you put the new fighter in an expensive gym. I'm sorry, but new guys don't belong in expensive gyms. If people starting thinking of sponsorships as being the very minor tool that they are, that might also reduce the issue with people complaining about not getting sponsorships (a fighter really doesn't need them) or people not accepting sponsorships (a store really doesn't need to do them).

:notworthy: pure comedy!

this would fuck new clothing companies

Would it really Blixx, 0-0's who were working on training up their conditioning and strength wouldn't be worth sponsoring for a company with a higher hype, so new startups would sponsor them by the bucket loads to inch their products quality up? As a new clothing company without throwing out lucrative sponsorships Rubber Guard has half filled it's hype in 2 weeks mainly by sponsoring 0-0 1-0 fighters. Would new companies really have to work it and advertise, definitely but if your not doing that your not going to grow your client base anyways.

My suggestion would be:

Company sponsoring: gives them hype (like now), each fight a sponsored fighter has gives a set amount of popularity for a company (win or lose).

Sponsored fighter: gets money (like now), gets hype according to how popular a company is.

I think each company should have a Voting Page where people would come in and vote whether they like the company and what it sells. This would also help popularity score.

Both, popularity and hype would give a certain overall score for a company.

How about this?