Monster's Ball - A TUF style show (inspired by BOTC, thanks for all your hard work fleshing this idea out BOTC folks)

The Show has been retitled "Monster's Brawl"

I would like to once again thank the BOTC crew for fleshing out this idea and making it possible.

Technical Specifications

Number of Fighters: 16

Number of Events: 4

Weight Class: 8 MW & 8 HW

Age Restrictions: 18

Fighter/per Manager: 1

Creation Date: Sunday May 30

Staff Needs

Project Manager: CLDesigns

Moderator: damonster

(The Winning Teams Coach will receive $25k, need big name managers)

Coach 1: PBR

Coach 2: PSUMike

Org Specs

Name: Monster Elite Cagefighting [ACME]

Contracts: 4 Fights at 500/500/500

Sponsorship Needs

Clothing Sponsor: Rubber Guard Fight Gear (LA)

Nutrition Sponsor: Syndicate Drugs (Rio)

Other Sponsors: Wicked Aggression Fight Club (LONDON), Pwnage Clothing (NY), Rage Fighting Championship (MONTREAL), Hell's Kitchen Lab Corp(NY)

Sponsor Deliverables

Clothing $300 and a new set of clothes every 2 weeks.

Nutrition $300 and a new supplement every 2 weeks.

2 (Jerseys) each round from clothing sponsor.

Prize Pool Funds

We currently have the 50k prize pool but are interested in advertising your company

in our weekly magazine if you would like to donate to the cause.

Prize Pool Breakdown

Winner 20%, etc.

2nd Place 15%

3rd Place 12%

4th Place 9%

5th Place 8%

6th Place 7%

7th Place 6%

8th Place 5%

9th Place 4%

10th Place 3.5%

11th Place 3%

12th Place 2.5%

13th Place 2%

14th Place 1.5%

15th Place 1%

16th Place .5%

How The Tournament Works

After the first event fighters are broken into brackets based on their record. Coachs can only set fights

between opponents with equal records. At the end of all events the Fighter with the best overall record

is the winner and final rankings are determined based on win loss records. In the case of a tie on W/L

records methods of wins/losses will be considered (finishes weigh heavier than decisions).

Rules

All Fighters will be created on the creation date and based out of New York. Fighters may only train out of gyms in New York.

Private gyms are not allowed (Those being gyms that are not available to other fighters in the tournament). Sponsors will send

out sponsorships the day of creation and contracts will come within the next 1-2 days.

Timeline Breakdown

5/30 Fighters Created

6/5 Coaches Draft

6/12 Coaches Set Fights

6/26 Event #1

7/10 Coaches Set Fights

7/17 Event #2

7/31 Coaches Set Fights

8/7 Event #3

8/21 Coaches Set Fights

8/28 Event #4 (2 of coachs fighters fight, the MW champ fights the HW champ in a #1 P4P fight, and another mixed weight fight between the two lowest ranked fighters to see who can save themselves from last place)

Roleplaying (The Key)

One of the reason I’m taking the role of Project Manager is because I have experience RPing this

sort of thing. We really want to push the guys to keep it interesting. House pranks like Josh Koschek and

Bobby Southworth hosing down Chris Leben, who then went ballistic = an interesting read.

Roleplaying is a major selling point because this is what makes this different from a standard tournament.

At the moment we're accepting entrants with just a manager's name but over the set-up period I'll expect

entrants to come up with their fighter's name and background.

Out of the 16 fighter slots we currently have 2 entries already but that means there are still 14 slots open:

Middleweights:

3. Robb Smith - rsmith425

4. Frank Night - FrankNight

6. Jango Fett - BO13BY

9. Ben Prendergast - prender101

10. Marco Battaglia - ancgalum

11. D0C Ray - kerplunk

12. Lynn Holder - tonywin33

16. Buster Gloves - BusterGloves

Heavyweights:

1. Benji Vandal - VandalFish

2. X Cellent - cldesigns

5. Max Power - graciebarra

7. The Prototype - JawzMMA420

8. Greig Robert Smith - GREIGSMITH77

13. Kelly McGrady - KellyM5

14. Ryan Anderson - Android17 (withdrew)Jean Abia - Timaobjj

15. Logan Mikki - DougSupreme

Two Alternates in case for some reason someone is unable to create a fighter on the correct date.

Alternate 1.

Alternate 2.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via in-game pm.

I hope we can get this going fairly quickly and all have a good time with it.

I'd like to have a fighter on the show if there is room. You can also list me as an alternate if full.

On a side note. Since you have 2 weight classes, how do you figure out 1st place through 16th. I figure you'd have 1st-8th in one weight class and 1-8 in another.

Oh and you might want to close the other thread (or just put a link to this thread) unless you plan on maintaining both of them.

I can donate a couple thousand to the prize pool if you want.

That would be very much appreciated Ezekel currently one generous benefactor is dropping the whole 75k in prizes, it would be nice to lighten his financial burden a bit and of course we would be glad to feature advertisements for your company in our magazine and videos.

X

Yeah, buckeyes signed up before me, I recede (think thats the word) my spot to him.

Edit: When buckeyes takes my spot, you can sign me up as an alternate.

I'd like to have a fighter on the show if there is room. You can also list me as an alternate if full.

On a side note. Since you have 2 weight classes, how do you figure out 1st place through 16th. I figure you'd have 1st-8th in one weight class and 1-8 in another.

Oh and you might want to close the other thread (or just put a link to this thread) unless you plan on maintaining both of them.

Well the nice thing is the way we looked at it Buster was we were either gonna essentially have 2 8-man tournaments over 3 weeks running concurrently or we could do what we eventually chose which is have the finale be a P4P fight between the best middleweight and heavyweight. This let's us keep the fight breakdown the same as it would be for a 16-man and the prizes. The finale will feature 2 mixed weight fights the P4P and the last chance battle between the two lowest ranked fighters in each division.

Maintaining both for now, once we get started we'll start a new post limited to one forum.

Not starting anything, but did my signup get passed up?

Your manager profile just turns up oops this fighter no longer exists. Apparently your forum link to manager profile is broken but search brought you up right away. To rectify the situation I'll be moving you into Timaobjj's slot, although Timaobjj posted here before BusterGloves, BusterGloves posted 4 minutes earlier on our forum post found here:

Other Forum Post

Making the order of entry Buckeye, Buster, Timao. Buster has expressed being alright with being an alternate so you might ask him about the slot Timao. If you don't get the slot I'd recommend still signing up for the alternate slot as Murphy's Law dictates someone will probably botch the creation phase (probably me... base him out of Helsinki or something just watch).

Fixed the roster Buster Gloves also offered a generous donation to the show to help with the prize pool. Everyone can do themselves a favor and pick up some great clothes at Pwnage Clothing in NY.

Can I be alternative 2? Addicted to this kind of show haha.

I will think of a fighter name given that I will be in the show, for now, just leave the fighter's name blank for me.

if any of the people involved want to get with me on building their fighter let me know -- not saying i can build one better than you guys but maybe can help with some tips or things that has worked for me --- im sure psumike would be willing to do the same -- this is gonna be interesting cause not too many points with 18 yrs old and starting pretty quick also

if any of the people involved want to get with me on building their fighter let me know -- not saying i can build one better than you guys but maybe can help with some tips or things that has worked for me --- im sure psumike would be willing to do the same -- this is gonna be interesting cause not too many points with 18 yrs old and starting pretty quick also

If this is set up the way I think it is, I probably don't want you to know how I set up my fighter unless you become my fighter's coach. Right? I've got no problem taking advice on how to make a better fighter, but what if you're coaching the other team and now you know my hidden stats.

If this is set up the way I think it is, I probably don't want you to know how I set up my fighter unless you become my fighter's coach. Right? I've got no problem taking advice on how to make a better fighter, but what if you're coaching the other team and now you know my hidden stats.

this is somewhat true -- but just because you take some advice you might laugh at the way i say and build another so no way for me to know really