EA Sports MMA

Shit the bed... has anyone seen the new fight mechanics walkthrough vid from EA Sports, I'm seriously considering not getting Undisputed and waiting for this to come out.

... looks immense

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/21/14826...fight-mechanics

Considering how much of a let down/flop 2010 UFC has been, i can't see EA MMA NOT being better. I just fucking fought a 48 year old Hendo for a title fight in my career. my last 10 fights were against guys in their 40s.

THQ peed in their own soup on this one. i sweat they had a screw up in one of their recent builds of the game and had to follow back on another build. career mode is trash, same as 09

Looks good, i like the way they do the submissions (from the looks of it) and the animations on the floor looked good with the exception of the GNP which needs working on, seemed a bit weak. Plenty of time for them to polish it up though.

Considering how much of a let down/flop 2010 UFC has been, i can't see EA MMA NOT being better. I just fucking fought a 48 year old Hendo for a title fight in my career. my last 10 fights were against guys in their 40s.

THQ peed in their own soup on this one. i sweat they had a screw up in one of their recent builds of the game and had to follow back on another build. career mode is trash, same as 09

I'm not a big fan of the transitions on the ground and the submissions for undisputed... just seems like there is no skill involved.

The best thing about undisputed is the striking imo, and EA are using Fight Night's total punch control for their striking.... so I reckon that EA will trump THQ in pretty much every department.

Can someone ship real $$ to me when the EA game comes out so I can buy a high-def television/ps3. i'll give some tycoon money for the favor

Can someone ship real $$ to me when the EA game comes out so I can buy a high-def television/ps3. i'll give some tycoon money for the favor

Sure just give me your account details, date of birth, address and mothers maiden name.... and I'll transfer the money over.

you're not alone. I can't put my finger on it, but something just looks out of place. Like, it looks like someone adobe photoshopped the fighters fro mone game into a different one. they don't fit.

It looks to me like a shitty arcade game. I mean I will more than likely get it when it comes out but it just doesn't look as clean or lifelike as UD '10.

gnp looked beyond terrible, and did anyone notice any blood? The sounds needed to be looked at. Sounded hideous. my 2 cents. anyhow

UD10 there's just something about it i didn't like either. Career mode is so repetitive, it felt like i was playing donkey kong. Felt like a lot of button mashing, aka mortal kombat with new graphics.

forgot to add, what i like about ea mma, it looked like the submissions was much more of a struggle more life like. UD theres..basically no struggle for submissions, its like 2 seconds later and your out or tapped.

Well there is some good addition in this game and I see that the MMA video game is going in a great direction. The subs seems a lot better than Undisputed does as far as i can see. Yes it's mini game battle, but it's a lot better than button mashing or raping your analogic stick.

The striking does seems to be real fluid (though it should be). Ground and pound was crap, like real crap. They will have to bring a new ground game with some of the nice addition they have next year.

To be fair after my initial excitement at undisputed im already really bored of it, every fight is the same, career mode was horrible, repetitive and fighting the same 40 year olds all the time was stupid.

Online is laggy and this auto block shit has ruined the ground game, you cant do a quick transition any more cos the other guy gets 3 automatic blocks on it, if someone aint got the ability to hold the r stick and time flicks for reversals then i should be allowed to pass, if they do then we gonna have a good ground battle based on timing, this new shit is just crap.

Its the game last years should have been, this year should have been better. The whole big selling point of online camps is pretty much pointless.

I hope EA MMA picks up on its failings and gets one over undisputed for the sake of MMA fans.

To be fair after my initial excitement at undisputed im already really bored of it, every fight is the same, career mode was horrible, repetitive and fighting the same 40 year olds all the time was stupid.

Online is laggy and this auto block shit has ruined the ground game, you cant do a quick transition any more cos the other guy gets 3 automatic blocks on it, if someone aint got the ability to hold the r stick and time flicks for reversals then i should be allowed to pass, if they do then we gonna have a good ground battle based on timing, this new shit is just crap.

Its the game last years should have been, this year should have been better. The whole big selling point of online camps is pretty much pointless.

I hope EA MMA picks up on its failings and gets one over undisputed for the sake of MMA fans.

Damn I didn't know Undisputed 2010 was that bad. I was planning on buying it later this week, but not so sure anymore.

Damn I didn't know Undisputed 2010 was that bad. I was planning on buying it later this week, but not so sure anymore.

RENT!

I played it for about a week, but I suck at the sub system and still can't seem to figure it out, and the few times I tried to play online I couldn't find a match.

So whenever I play the computer it just becomes a strike fest and that gets old fairly quick. Every fight is the same.

Career mode wasn't as great as I believed it would be. Still very repetitive and you have to fucking spar constantly to keep your stats up, and again sparring just gets repetitive and I don't want to do it all the time.

Definitely rent it and decide if you'll play it more than a week, but I'll probably sell my copy soon if they don't put a patch out to fix the online mode.

Undisputed is way better,EA has to step their game up if they wanna compete with THQ.

EA MMA isn't even out yet. And with regards to EA competing with THQ... lol

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/03/ea-s...ampion-king-mo/

hmmm... striking seems real nice and the hammer fists seem to have improved.or maybe its fighter-specific. collision detection seems non-existent but they got loads of time to sort it all out. looks like it could be a winner. duno abt the simplistic ground game mechanics though

soccer kick!!!!!!!

I would prepay for EAs MMA right now if I had the money. Thats how much of a failure 2010 is.

The amount of bugs I am finding in career mode is pathetic. They released this garbage and THQ is not offering refunds now.

One bug I found in career, going to love this. If you fight the champ for the belt and lose, fine, you move down in the rankings. Thing is, the champ doesn't fight anyone else. He will only fight you. So if you keep losing, he will stay champ until you beat him because he isn't fighting any other AI fighters. This is why it seems like champs in your CAFS division seem like they been there forever, because they havent fought anyone.

Also found out DLC fights from preorder, can't be used in career mode. Can't use them online either. Then wtf did i get them for? exhibition matches??

Still can't get online for ranked matches since release either.

They honestly fucked themselves as a company. Soon as people start writing legit reviews and not all of those 9s and 10s and 5 out of 5s, you will see. Its already starting, amazon dropped the game $20 already, less then two weeks since release.

I honestly believe that something was wrong extremely wrong with the final build. They had to revert back to some previous builds, tweak what they could just to make the deadline. There is no other way around it to explain this garbage of a game put out. Patches won't even fix this game. I don't think they can patch the entire career mode to actually add in fighters aging, a progression system that is associated with a career mode in a sporting game, make the features actually work ( my trainer, friends and rivals, sponsors on banner, AI matchmaking system, weight class switching bug )