Bricks Were Shat In The MMA World Tonite

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be the bad guy again, but it were mainly the hardcore Fedor fans who were discrediting Brock because he lost to an ex-UFC champ by submission (in only his second MMA fight ever). I already feel that the same people are now going to use that fact to argue that losing by submission is not a big deal.

for me it wasnt that brock lost by submission or that he event lost to mir. it was more about the hype brock got when he beat mir in the rematch. i just never thought mir was that good...just my opinion. i just dont think carwin and brock ever deserved the hype they got for beating up mir. i would pick plenty of people to beat mir...but who knows? you only know until they fight, heh.

yea ppl are gonna have arguements going both ways but IMO we'll have to wait for next saturday to make the final judgement..but i think 30-1 in a span of almost 10 years can't be overlooked

for me it wasnt that brock lost by submission or that he event lost to mir. it was more about the hype brock got when he beat mir in the rematch. i just never thought mir was that good...just my opinion. i just dont think carwin and brock ever deserved the hype they got for beating up mir. i would pick plenty of people to beat mir...but who knows? you only know until they fight, heh.

i always liked mir -- i thought if not for the wreck he would of been champ for awhile -- but everyone can be beat

we've learned more and more recently that no one is unbeatable. urijah had that hype going for him for a bit, miguel torres has it, machida had the shortest era ever, and now fedor. it's hard not to lose in this sport.

i still think it's pretty amazing that fedor did manage to not lose for so long. even if you question his opponents...to go undefeated for that long in this sport is pretty crazy.

and i like mir a bit too...but i just dont think he's as good as he was ever made out to be. he was better than i ever expected him to be after that crash, i'll say that much.

we have mere minutes left, the world will end soon. rip everyone.

What a fool Werdum was, Fedor has been on a 10 year quest to defeat the 4 horsemen of the MMApocalypse: Big Nog (Pestilence), Cro Cop (Death), Zuluzinho (Famine) and Overeem (Horse meat). Now the we're all doomed! Doomed I say!

Fedor pulled a brock and got subbed out. Stupid move and I had a feeling fedor was going to lose, just seemed like the time.

I do feel Fedor would win the rematch because Fedor is the better fighter, he just made a stupid move and paid for it.

Happens to the best of us--I think 9 times out of 10 Fedor takes it, but hey gotta hand it to Werdum. Hopefully we get to see a rematch somewhere down the road.

actually Werdum said in post fight interview that he rather fight Fedor again instead of fighting Overeem -- also said he would like to do it in Russia

Comments like that really make you think the fight was rigged. Then the rematch he destroys Werdum and regains his status after he already made his money throwing a fight.

Just saying, just a theory I truely don't think it was rigged but just a thought from reading that comment.

i'm hoping SF lets fedor redeem himself in his last fight because from his post fight interview, it doesn't seem he wants back in SF after his contract is up

Comments like that really make you think the fight was rigged.

The only thing that ever bothered me about Fedor is his often retarted following.

He actually had lost some mass, he only weighed in at 229 lbs. I'm happy that Fedor lost, partially because he was so much hyped, and mostly because I've wanted to see BJJ come back in a big way on top level after such a long time of only getting knockouts and decisions. Now I think the appreciation for BJJ should go up. Werdum did a great job, and I thought he could do that if Fedor was stupid enough to go roll with him.

Werdum was not released by the UFC. He had a contract dispute and then left. All the props to Werdum. Fedor is the one of the most classy guys out there.