any las vegas org doing mid week events?

is anybody ever gonna tap into this market?

my next fight is in 11 days. god damn horse pussy if you ask me!

can any of you ppl not see the benefit of this? it blows my mind. do you like fighting all your fights on the same days? if you do your an idiot or you've got it all figured out. one or the other.

i mean, why limit yourself to just weekend events? all that does is offer less oppurtunities to try new things. essentially putting all your eggs into one basket.

wouldnt it be nice if you had a fight on monday. you could try something. if it works then add it to your gameplan on tuesdays fight. then roll what you've learned on over into your wednesday fight plus try something new in that one and etc.

the way it is now, you have 5 fights a weekend. you try something new. it may work. it may not. but hells fire, you have to wait a whole god damn week before you can try it again. by that time you probly done forgot what you learned anyways.

i know this is a "god damn it cry baby rant" but come on. come up off the weekends. besides, wouldnt you rather spend your weekends drinking cold beer and chasin warm pussy instead of staring at a computer?

ppl hollar about more fighter slots. thats dumb. just spread the fights out

The reason why Events are done on the weekend is so we can get the best out or the fans. Weekdays you only get at least 90% of the fans, Sunday and friday about 100% and saturdays 110% anyway i live in australia so these events come through sunday mornings at about 10 so thats why it's good for me.

The reason why Events are done on the weekend is so we can get the best out or the fans. Weekdays you only get at least 90% of the fans, Sunday and friday about 100% and saturdays 110% anyway i live in australia so these events come through sunday mornings at about 10 so thats why it's good for me.

are you serious? 10%. your making a killin man. why not do an event in the middle of the week and pick which arena you want with no hassles. its not gonna hurt ya man, i promise. all these older orgs in this game ran midweek events when they started. its not kryptonyte

My org has our first mid-week event this week (Wednesday actually) & depending on how it works sandwiched b/w weekend events, Im planning on making a Wednesdy event part of my regular rotation.

My org has our first mid-week event this week (Wednesday actually) & depending on how it works sandwiched b/w weekend events, Im planning on making a Wednesdy event part of my regular rotation.

good deal. ive got at least one fighter coming your way in about 3 weeks

I actually respect the owners that are willing to earn a little less and host some weekday events. That means you are servicing the managers in your org well by giving them something to do than the regular weekend fight routine.

there are no more % deductions for mid week shows ----- weekday shows are at 100% now --- just for your first show though -- still have the deductions for running more shows just now weekdays produce the same as fridays and sundays

This isn't actually true. Mike just lessened the mid-week penalties to try to incentivise people to make events then, but there are still small penalties.

That being said, non-weekend events really mess with my training schedule, so I'll stick with Friday-Saturday-Sunday fights.

This isn't actually true. Mike just lessened the mid-week penalties to try to incentivise people to make events then, but there are still small penalties.

That being said, non-weekend events really mess with my training schedule, so I'll stick with Friday-Saturday-Sunday fights.

Actually it would balance out, because if you do a wednesday fight and have a 3 round war, then you will need to rest up until sunday, but can start training on monday. If you fight on Sunday, then have a war, you could lose the whole following week...In the end midweek and weekend fights will not affect training as much as it might be perceived. Now if you have a fighter that just knocks people the fuck out, then yes, he would lose a day but still not nearly that crazy.

EOD runs them now and again. The problem with mid week events is it throws the schedule out of whack when it comes to running a big event. If you are not careful it will cause diminish returns. Also Promotions don't make all that much money. If you make 100K profit on an event it doesn't include the per fight cost of signing bonus'. That is at least half the profit gone right there. what ever was made goes back into he org. Its not wise to run mid week events for the sake of doing it. If you already run Multi events mid week isn't that bad.

Mid week events make sense for lower tier orgs as they don't need to tie up all their money booking events in advance in that case, not for the high level orgs.

That said, as a manager, I wouldn't mind splitting up my fights a bit.

I would consider doing some of my cards on weekdays, most likely for the guys who would otherwise be on prelims to try and create some new stars with a second show in the mid-week in a slightly smaller arena than normal.