To All Major Clothing Companies

If you are own a company in the clothing industry than you may be suffering from the dramatic increased of competition. Therefore, I (Owner of Team S.W.A.T.) think all the major companies should work together to find a solution to this. I been talking to Boondock and he came out with two solutions:

1. The idea of us all stop giving out free clothes with sponsorships - we're only hurting our entire worldwide business. Give out all the money you want, but it totally saturates the market when everyone's getting free shirts.

2. Remind EVERY customer, EVERY time, and in EVERY thread that worn clothing degrades their fighter's morale and that new threads will need to be bought to make happy fighters. "A happy fighter is a good fighter." This is true and also makes buying a new shirt more like buying new supplements every now and then. We can do this in the forums as the topic arrises but I think we need to add this to the games consciousness of the players.

~This are good ideas and i truly agree with him on this. But i also came out with one my self.

3. Have Mike switch the amount of time one can wear clothing. Right now i belive is 150 days. I think it is nessesary to lower this number. Maybe 50-60 days? or lower. This will make a stop to fighters holding on to the same clothing for long periods of time.

*if you have any more ideas please respond to this.

~S.W.A.T.~

Edited by martinezerick90

3. Have Mike switch the amount of time one can wear clothing. Right now i belive is 150 days. I think it is nessesary to lower this number. Maybe 50-60 days? or lower. This will make a stop to fighters holding on to the same clothing for long periods of time.

I think the 150 is just the rating of it. If it drops below 100 i think is when it will effect morale. From my experience shirts last about 30-45 days already before driopping below 100.

I have talked to Boondock and do agree.

I agree with first two also. On my own I started not to give freebies to some fighters, and from now probably no one will get freebies from me.

Also like I already said to Mike about magic white t-shirts and shorts that they should last for example one or two week and than they also could effect moral negatively.

I will not be a party to collusion. There are no guarantees in the "real" world, there do not need to be any here.

If I choose to give out promotional items in the pursuit of more business, I shall, and the gain/loss is at my own risk. I am perfectly happy to run my business in the spirit of free and open competition and will accept its failure if that should come to pass.

Let the market determine the outcome.

dont think i agree with everything here -- i mean i do understand but dont think this is a way to fix it -- i think if a fighter has a contract or enough money they should have to wear something besides the plain white -- be it freebies given or they have to buy something -- its the not needing clothes that is hurting not giving freebies -- make it something they require or need at a certain point.

I will not be a party to collusion. There are no guarantees in the "real" world, there do not need to be any here.

If I choose to give out promotional items in the pursuit of more business, I shall, and the gain/loss is at my own risk. I am perfectly happy to run my business in the spirit of free and open competition and will accept its failure if that should come to pass.

Let the market determine the outcome.

There is a difference between collusion and cooperation as well as a difference between being a lone ranger and using wisdom.

And know that these are not hard and fast orders from or to anyone, they are simply suggestions based on the market's turn in the clothing industry and it's logical conclusion if we continue to operate in the same fashion.

This is a free market and a free world, there is no way to guarantee these nor is there a need to. It is good enough if us as owners are AWARE of these issues and begin to think shrewdly in light of the information.

Thanks for your honesty DMK. No hard feelings at all.

Kudos dmk, no need for collusion. I DO think sponsorship contracts for clothing, maybe even nutrition companies, should have the option to create a clause that obligates the sponsored fighter to purchase X amount of that company's products along the length of the sponsorship. Tons of fighters are sponsored, yet the opportunity costs to buy clothing are so high compared to the return of investment gyms and nutrition products provide. The small companies will get weeded out and the strong will survive- it sucks but that's business.

I will support the quicker degradation of clothing, which I have voiced before:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1083

In my eyes, the problem is a limited market size. If the market is increased by requiring more items to be purchsed per fighter, that would help. The flip side of the coin, however, regardless of nutrition company, clothing store or fight org, is that there IS a limited market that can't support everyone who wants to run a store. No matter how many shirts can be bought / sold in a given period, there is going to be a cap on what that market can absorb.

It may be the case that only 2-3 clothing companies control 80% of the market or more, a few second-tier providers split 15% and a few boutique shops have 1-3% of the market. This may very well be the case no matter how large the population of users out there, or how many shirts they need to buy, which means MMA Tycoon is mimicking reality quite well.

MMA Tycoon succeeds, in my eyes, because it is not only a fighter manager simulation, but a business simulation as well. You have nearly unlimited competition in a limited market. You need to be resourceful, careful with costs, and constantly seeking opportunity in order to survive. I'm going backwards as quickly as everyone else, but the long view of all this is that only a few companies will survive........which is the point of competition and pretty much exactly what any simulation is intended to produce.

In order to sustain the clithing store in this game, you need to outlast the other guy. We are in the middle of a competition to see who will do that. We can either play this out to see who survives, or we can adjust the rules to make sure everyone survives. While this thread was initiated, at least in part, in hopes of bringing about the latter situation, I prefer the former. It only adds to the excitement and challenge to see if I can build a more long-lasting business, which gives people who are only somewhat interested in the fighting a great game to play against fierce competitors who are constantly adapting.

Like any game, I hope I am one of the winners, but if I lose because someone else was more creative, talented, hard-working or just plain lucky....then hats off to them. The joy of all this is that it's not REAL money, so we can have all the fun with none of the pressure. ;)

i think clothes getting worn out quicker is probably one of the better ideas there. it'll become a bit of a hassle to have to change clothes more often i guess, but it's also more realistic. i dont think guys go and train with the same shirt and shorts every day without washing them for a few months, heh. in reality...if someone liked your clothing they would buy more of it because they would know just one pair wouldnt cut it in the long run. i definitely think clothing should become worn out a bit quicker.

you really cant make everyone stop giving free clothes when they sponsor people. i personally plan on cutting way back on throwing people free clothes. maybe i'll give a shirt to a top fighter or something like that, but not all the time like i used to. i think free money is more than enough for a fighter, heh.

i agree with them wearing out faster -- but also has i say with free whites a lot just use them -- i feel if your contracted or so much money you should have to buy some clothes -- whites optional if you dont have a contract or so much in account.

i would like to see a possibilty to wash clothes, as i have personalized clothes and can't get them anymore.

what do you mean cant get them anymore -- anyone one of the clothing companies can put the shirt or short up for you -- just depends on what price

not at all --- right now for $30 you cant get shirts and shorts from my store or $15 per shirt and short and i know others are priced as good at some places -- TFP Clothing

i agree that fighters should only be allowed to use the whites for 1 fight 2 at the most. if we as managers are going to have to purchase clothes more frequently i still really dont see much changing for you owners , i mean if you guys are going to go under it really makes no difference if we have to buy the clothes or not , the ones who are making it now will be the same ones that make it in the long run because even tho they are giving freebies people are still buying their products as well.

if we do end up going this route with ditchin the whites all that will be created is a price war between you guys as you will see every new guy will by the cheapest thing he can find just so he can fight and then save up for customs clothing . i do think we as managers should have to buy new clothes every 30 days it is a fair request , i have to buy supplements every 14 days and they cost a hell of a lot more than having to buy clothes once a month. should be fair for the stores and should not even phase a fighters bank account . it will help keep some stores open and help to keep fighters moral up . but if you are going to sink this isnt goin to save your store. just my 2 pennies

just my 2 pennies

well you take those 2 pennies --- shine them up real real good -- and stick them straight up your candy ---- lmao --- i dont know what the big deal is -- supplement sponsors give out freebies -- freebies is one way of getting noticed -- plus to me giving out freebies is part of a sponsorship -- cause without freebies or extra something they need or want more money -- well its cheaper and more advertisement for me to add freebies.

I don't agree with idea #1 but strongly agree with the rest.

I like to send free clothes to my sponsored fighters, as it helps branding when more and more people wears my designs, it also works that way in real life.

What i agree with is the idea of clothes degrading faster.

I also think we should have an in game contract system where your sponsored fighters should be forced to wear only your brand while in contract. In real life you don't see a guy sponsored by one brand, wearing another one, it wouldn't make any sense. If brands pay the sponsored fighters is to get exposure, that is why they sign a contract instead of just sending free items to them.

I also like the idea by this guy, to have more clothes to design/sell like MMA gloves, mouthpieces etc.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?...amp;#entry11018

Does anybody know what the top 5 clothing companies are?

On sales, and hype.

On my book i think it would be.

1- S.W.A.T. :smile_anim: *thats me*

2- Boondock Fightwear

3- Bushido Clothing

4- Apocalypse Clothing

5- ..i wanna say Carbage but im sure they're not selling much... lol

Does anybody know what the top 5 clothing companies are?

On sales, and hype.

On my book i think it would be.

1- S.W.A.T.

2- Boondock Fightwear

3- Bushido Clothing

4- Apocalypse Clothing

5- ..i wanna say Carbage but im sure they're not selling much... lol

1-3 are probably about right. After that, I have no idea.