Is GNP broken?

I'm pretty sure Dangerous GnP just means that he has a high ground n' pound skill. He probably has nearly nonexistent KO power.

Agree, and you win anyway *shrugs*.

Oh by the way, what's the fighter's strength? Try boost it up and you might get a KO in your next bout. And your opponent has a solid chin anyway, so it's not easy to get a KO on him.

Agree, and you win anyway *shrugs*.

Oh by the way, what's the fighter's strength? Try boost it up and you might get a KO in your next bout. And your opponent has a solid chin anyway, so it's not easy to get a KO on him.

his fighter was the one with the chin. the other guy was the one that had ko power.

but yeah, i'd also suggest the strength increase to see if it helps, as well as wrestling sparring.

Might as well ask here:

What is the primary defense skill against Ground n Pound? Is it striking defense still?

Defensive Grappling.

EDIT: ...Little late

Why is it surprising that defensive grappling defends against striking from a grappling position? Fancy footwork will avail you nought when being pounded from half guard.

Why is it surprising that defensive grappling defends against striking from a grappling position? Fancy footwork will avail you nought when being pounded from half guard.

It surprises me because defensive grappling does not imply any sort of striking mechanism at all, defensive or otherwise. I see defensive grappling as submission defense, I just figured striking defense would have covered it. It surprises me that one skill covers both striking and submission defense.

I don't think my line of thinking is that far fetched to warrant special questioning from you.

*shrugs*

It surprises me because defensive grappling does not imply any sort of striking mechanism at all, defensive or otherwise. I see defensive grappling as submission defense, I just figured striking defense would have covered it. It surprises me that one skill covers both striking and submission defense.

I don't think my line of thinking is that far fetched to warrant special questioning from you.

*shrugs*

How did Hardy survive under GSP for 5 rounds? He's got shit BJJ but his defensive grappling (hip positioning, keeping your opponent off balance, etc) isn't terrible.

GNP has never been a particularly effective way of finishing fights in MMA Tycoon.

Actually it rules for finishes up until the 7-0 level of play or so (varies by city/org). Once you are into that level of competition or higher it is much harder to achieve a true GnP damage:chin overmatch and finish someone off. Still scores well though.

I have a couple of gnp fighters too who can't finish theyr fights on the ground. It doesn't really mather cause a win is a win, but it would be nice to get them back training a bit earlier :)

I think that the effect of a punch in the ground is about 10-30% of a punch standing and if your fighters glowes are filled with cotton, it's almost impossible to finnish a fight on the ground.

Here's one of my fights:

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=155871

... The same fighter has other also with the same story :)

I think that's a combination of your opponent not having good defensive grappling and you having better KO power than some of the guys who are having trouble. Your opponent also doesn't seem to have the greatest chin, either.