style specific competitions/fights

Kregory

Hi this has most certainly been discussed before but I didnt find it here in the forums.

Idea is having separete competitions for each style of fighting..at least some of them..thinking mainly for grappling. Maybe having special "orgs" being regional or international grappling competitions.

And then maybe twice a year have a ADCC style competition run by "the game" itself that is not by a player. Where everyone can sign up and a certain number of fighters get accepted (maybe top 50 in grappling rankings). You work your way up in the "regionals" and then compete for the ultimate crown.

Think this would only work in grappling and maybe wrestling also but that would require some game engine modifications I would imagine..maybe with boxing also..(olympics or sum where fighers not having fought professionally could enter)

This could then show up in the tale of the tape, for example ADCC champ or vet instead of just black belt for instance. Or in boxing, youth or olympic champion. This would give more meaning to have that in your resume. A certain amount of hype could be transferred over. Like in rl when Marcelo Garcia or Jacare tried MMA.

Really would like to see this implemented in the game. Hope I didn't ramble too much in my post and everyone got the picture.

These are good ideas that have basically been implemented by players in the "sandbox". It isn't exactly as you described because there were no changes to the game engine, but many Orgs have created de facto Kickboxing and BJJ competitions.

For example:

A K1 style org http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=1473

A relevant forum thread http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11352

I don't think it is necessary to have Mike build this sort of thing into the game. It is more fun to let players do things themselves when possible.

While not strictly necessary I think it would add a lot of depth to the game..would put some meaning behind the "adcc champ" trait for example..I mean now almost every bb is an adcc champ which makes little sense... Just thought this would add a whole lot to the game while not requiring that much extra work..(note I do not know anything about programming, just what I think) :)

except this is mma tycoon not Boxing Tycoon, Muay Thai Tycoon, Wrestling Tycoon, BJJ Tycoon

Well MMA is special in the way that credentials and skills in these aspects are highly valued and important part of MMA itself...The simple fact that many top mma guys come from these backrounds or even compete in these events to improve their skills..All I'm saying is that it would be a great addition to an already great game. Especially as no major game modifications would be necessary

Hi this has most certainly been discussed before but I didnt find it here in the forums.

Idea is having separete competitions for each style of fighting..at least some of them..thinking mainly for grappling. Maybe having special "orgs" being regional or international grappling competitions.

And then maybe twice a year have a ADCC style competition run by "the game" itself that is not by a player. Where everyone can sign up and a certain number of fighters get accepted (maybe top 50 in grappling rankings). You work your way up in the "regionals" and then compete for the ultimate crown.

Think this would only work in grappling and maybe wrestling also but that would require some game engine modifications I would imagine..maybe with boxing also..(olympics or sum where fighers not having fought professionally could enter)

This could then show up in the tale of the tape, for example ADCC champ or vet instead of just black belt for instance. Or in boxing, youth or olympic champion. This would give more meaning to have that in your resume. A certain amount of hype could be transferred over. Like in rl when Marcelo Garcia or Jacare tried MMA.

Really would like to see this implemented in the game. Hope I didn't ramble too much in my post and everyone got the picture.

+1

While not strictly necessary I think it would add a lot of depth to the game..would put some meaning behind the "adcc champ" trait for example..I mean now almost every bb is an adcc champ which makes little sense... Just thought this would add a whole lot to the game while not requiring that much extra work..(note I do not know anything about programming, just what I think) :)

+1

This sounds cool but this also sounds like a completely different game as well :huh: Though I'm not going to lie it would very cool to make Specific Competitions so fighters could improve in there skills and even on their Tale of The Tape say they won a Grappling Tournament or something like that. But before we let them add a completely different aspect of the game we should let them improve the MMA version first.

P.S. I think it would be really cool for them to show different records like Amatear Boxing Record or Grappling Record but that just brings in more options for the game.

This sounds cool but this also sounds like a completely different game as well :huh: Though I'm not going to lie it would very cool to make Specific Competitions so fighters could improve in there skills and even on their Tale of The Tape say they won a Grappling Tournament or something like that. But before we let them add a completely different aspect of the game we should let them improve the MMA version first.

P.S. I think it would be really cool for them to show different records like Amatear Boxing Record or Grappling Record but that just brings in more options for the game.

Yeah ofc MMA is always #1 priority..Just that I thought this would be a coold idea that wouldn't need that much extra work that's all..

Agree, would be really cool to show their records..for example undefeated pro/am boxer or sum

I dont see any problems with it going on this mythical 'list' but... i dont see it ever getting done even if it did go on such a list since the amount of MMA related things that need doing is beyond funny.