The sprawl

Note

I think that the sprawl should be added as a real ground position rather than merely being flavor text for stuffed takedowns.

I think you could fit it into the current ground slider without much trouble for example Advance pos on the bottom would be either be attempting a takedown or pulling guard, depending on the top/bottom sliders. On top top it would be attempting to take the back.

Plus you'd be able have submissions like guillotines, anaconda chokes, peruvian neckties etc

I think that this could add another dimension to Grappler vs Grappler matchups aswell as making TD attempts less binary.

Is this plausible or would it break the ground position hierarchy?

I think this could work as a good result from Countering a TD. Your fighter would move into Sprawl the way the Clinch position works now.

Not sure about anyone else but I like it.

agree with this..some people have been talking about how to "let" fighters take you down if you have superior td.. this would fullfill that need...sprawl + try to take back or end up in guard..like this idea very much..

Maybe submission slider for this position..going for guillotines, brabo chokes etc.

idk, "sprawl" basically is a defensive maneuver to try not to get taken down. dont see why this would be added as a position. if you want to be taken down dont train takedown D.

You can still get stuck in a sprawl position, though, if your opponent is able to grab your leg before you pull back and you don't brake the hold when you finally do. It's not something you'd be stuck in for long (either you'd get taken down or you'd get away) for the most part, but sometimes a guy can pick up the leg and then sometimes you'll see guys hop around for a while. I think a position like this might be a bit too complicated. If it could be done well, though, I'm all for it.