First Draw in 145 Fights

Qrash

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=204693

In my previous 144 fights I never had a draw. And to have my first draw be a majority draw, thats crazy. I don't think I've ever seen a majority draw, even in my org's 100 events. I'm sure they happen regularly, I've just never seen it.

This was a fantastic fight. I think the 10-8 second round is a little controversial. Does anyone agree with a 10-8 in the 2nd round? Benoit was definitely dominated, but I can't give an 8 point round from a bunch of leg kicks, no cut and no knockdown.

the idea of a draw is tough for most americans to swallow/comprehend. generally speaking, we've all had the "there's always a winner and a loser" pummeled into our heads since birth. i feel this leads to most of the disdain for sports like hockey and soccer (due to regularity of a draw/tie) in the usa. most hockey and soccer fans are not bothered by it, some are but majority here in the usa have a big problem with it.

a few years ago, the philadelphia eagles went to overtime with the bengals (nfl) and both teams failed to finish it and it was ruled a tie...they're not common by any means but most nfl fans can remember them happening from time to time. there was a HUGE uproar in the sports community over it and mcnabb (quarterback for the eagles) said publicly that he didn't even know an nfl game could end in a tie. it's blocked from our heads. it's a foreign concept here.

i'm an nfl fan but i have watched more than enough hockey and soccer to understand the draw...but it wasn't all that easy to do. lol

how do u feel about the draw, Qrash? yay, nay, indifferent?

Personally? Yay. I was fully expecting to lose this in a landslide from the moment I accepted.

This was a great fight. I can see why the second was a 10-8, though. This is the landing stats in this round (I just went over it. Just woke up, though, so I might be screwing things up, but it sounds about right).

Landed shots:

Benoit: 4

Gregorovitsj: 47, stuffed 3 TDs

I'd say this warrants a 10-8 personally.

the idea of a draw is tough for most americans to swallow/comprehend. generally speaking, we've all had the "there's always a winner and a loser" pummeled into our heads since birth. i feel this leads to most of the disdain for sports like hockey and soccer (due to regularity of a draw/tie) in the usa. most hockey and soccer fans are not bothered by it, some are but majority here in the usa have a big problem with it.

a few years ago, the philadelphia eagles went to overtime with the bengals (nfl) and both teams failed to finish it and it was ruled a tie...they're not common by any means but most nfl fans can remember them happening from time to time. there was a HUGE uproar in the sports community over it and mcnabb (quarterback for the eagles) said publicly that he didn't even know an nfl game could end in a tie. it's blocked from our heads. it's a foreign concept here.

i'm an nfl fan but i have watched more than enough hockey and soccer to understand the draw...but it wasn't all that easy to do. lol

There is no such thing as a tie in NHL hockey, anymore.

Personally? Yay. I was fully expecting to lose this in a landslide from the moment I accepted.

This was a great fight. I can see why the second was a 10-8, though. This is the landing stats in this round (I just went over it. Just woke up, though, so I might be screwing things up, but it sounds about right).

Landed shots:

I'm not complaining. Benoit was losing that fight until the final 2 rounds. I'm happy to come out of it with a draw, honestly. But I still would not score the 2nd round 10-8. 35 of those 47 strikes were leg kicks, a couple more were body kicks. I counted 4 punches to the head and a couple to the body. No cut, no knockdown. A dominating round, no doubt. But I can't score a round an 8 without the threat of a knockdown at least. I could be wrong. I can't say its atrocious to score it 10-8, but I think it's a 10-9 round.

I'd be interested to see what others think about that 2nd round.

I'm not complaining. Benoit was losing that fight until the final 2 rounds. I'm happy to come out of it with a draw, honestly. But I still would not score the 2nd round 10-8. 35 of those 47 strikes were leg kicks, a couple more were body kicks. I counted 4 punches to the head and a couple to the body. No cut, no knockdown. A dominating round, no doubt. But I can't score a round an 8 without the threat of a knockdown at least. I could be wrong. I can't say its atrocious to score it 10-8, but I think it's a 10-9 round.

Never said you were complaining. Just explaining why I think it's plausible for it to be scored 10-8.

Yeah, it's definitely borderline, which is why we have a majority draw in the first place: one of the judges did score it 10-9. I'd like to see what people had to say, too.

After counting out that single round i think the 8-10 is ok.

For Gregorovitsj we had:

9 headshots, 8 landed

4 bodyshots, 3 landed

15 bodykicks, 9 landed

33 legkicks, 22 landed

3 takedowns stuffed

For Benoit

11 headshots, 2 landed

5 bodyshots, 1 landed

6 combos, 0 landed

1 legkick, 1 landed

3 failed takedowns

so its 42 successful (14 failed) moves vs 4 successful (22 failed) moves.

That round was absolutly dominated by Gregorovitsj, so i think 8-10 is ok.

Landed shots:

'Atta boy, Eirik! Way to mess up someone's draw-less record! :P

Never said you were complaining. Just explaining why I think it's plausible for it to be scored 10-8.

Yeah, it's definitely borderline, which is why we have a majority draw in the first place: one of the judges did score it 10-9. I'd like to see what people had to say, too.

I never thought you accused me of complaining. That came out wrong. I was just saying that I guess I can understand the 10-8, but just don't agree with it. But seriously, I'm happy to have the draw in the end. It could have been a lot worse.