Tourney time at FFC

Hey, I plan on starting my org as I mean to go on, by having fun and mixing it up a little.

The idea- 2 weight categories battle it out between themselves, round robin style, to see who is the top fighter in each category. The 2 winners then go head to head to decide who is the ultimate bad-ass.

The weight categories will be Middleweight (185lbs) and Welterweight (170).

Criteria-the following criteria will apply (and may be updated);

1-only fighters who can fight in the categories need apply (I know, obvious) and will be signed according to their team;

2-fighters of any age can apply with a creation time of no earlier than September 2010;

3-fighters with a maximum of 2 fights on their record will be accepted;

4-for the final and 3rd/4th place, openweight contracts will be sent out as well as any winnings.

Money-I know you guys will be doing this for the love of the game, but, some people expect to be paid, so the following will be paid;

1-contracts through-out the round robin stage will be 1k/1k/1.5k (I've got a family to feed, so no more);

2-3rd place (decided from the outcome of 2nd placed 185lbs and 170lbs fighters when they meet later in the tournament) will receive 5k and the loser receiving 2.5k;

3-1st placed 185lbs and 170lbs fighters each receive 10k and the chance to double their money in the final;

4-1st place finalist (decided from the outcome of both 1st placed fighters in a fight at the end of the tournament) will receive a further 10k and a 3 fight contract to get the chance to be the first title holder of their category;

5-the runner up from the final fight will receive a 3 fight contract and a shot at becoming the first title holder in their category (complete with winner bonus, should they take the title).

So, who wants to give it a go? I will decide the date later which will depend on when the card is full, but, will be a couple of weeks after that time.

Once I have some interest I will go into more detail.

For more info or to put your name down then feel free to message me in game or here.

Thanks

Lee

Sorry guys, it's in Amsterdam.

Just seeing if there's any interest before I get down to the finer details.

Also, I was typing it up a little late last night and managed to lose the info so had to re-type it!!

If any of you guys feel I've left something important out or can recommend any changes then let me know.

I'll posting number of events, scoring etc a little later, so thanks for the interest.

Lee

A few more details as promised

There will be eight fighters per category, giving a total of 16 fighters, (unless I get a lot of interest, then I will accommodate where possible).

Each fighter will fight 7 times so that we get a true winner, once against each member of their category (except finalists, who will fight one extra)

Fights will run every 3 weeks

Scoring will be kept simple win=3 points, draw=1 point and nothing for a loss.

I'm willing to negotiate on parts of the set up/criteria for the right fighters, so don't be shy (not that forum members are) and get in touch if you want to discuss anything.

As always I am open to suggestions, so let me know what you think guys.

Hey Drou

I'm wanting to get this off the ground within the next month or so. Looking at a lot of other tournaments though it depends on the interest.

If needed then I will change the plan a little, such as max no. of fights a person can have to enter or maybe just having the categories fight openweight if interest is too one sided.

I'm trying to keep things as flexible as I can so you guys can use existing fighters and not have to go and make new ones especially for the tournament, unless you wanted to.

Obviously, especially if anyone does make a fighter for the tournament, the sooner people get their names down the longer their fighter can train before the card gets full and the first event is kicked off.