Blood on the Canvas 3 (BOTC 3) TUF tournanment tryouts now open!!! 16 fighters needed.

This is the official tryouts page for the “Blood on the Canvas” (BOTC) season 3 show sponsored by PWNAGE Clothing New York, Happy Pills Nutrition Helsinki, and Fight World International Amsterdam. If you wish to submit an application to be on the show, post a response on this page. We will stop accepting applications once we have selected 16 fighters. This post should list all the important information regarding the show and will be updated as we progress.

This is the 3rd season of BOTC. It is a 16 man tournament in an open/super-heavyweight division. The tournament will take place in Amsterdam. Fighters will be give 5 weeks to train before their first fight and 3 week between remaining fights. Fighters that lose their first round fight will be asked to join the consolation tournament. There will be 16 fighters as well as a couple alternates. All fighters should be created by the managers on Sunday December 5th.

Fighters (in order of acceptance date):

1. Devon Berto Jr - managed by Morten Fever

2. Kevin Brookins - managed by Kyle Brookins

3. Ray Management - managed by D0C Ray

4. Mark Mann - managed by Kyle Pearce

5. Logan Mitchell - managed by Mason Venti

6. Daniel Musso - managed by Alan Chomsky

7. Dew Rain - managed by Gogo Platimus

8. Byron Harrison - managed by Ethan Finch

9. Beau Waters - managed by Aychtoo Beaux

10. Lertphong Thong-oon - managed by Joe Arschtreter

11. Alek Casey - managed by Alek Mitchell

12. Rocket Mann - managed by Nick Burnett

13. Dominic Delmar - managed by Kelly McGrady

14. Open slot

15. Open slot

16. Open slot

Your created fighter must reside in Amsterdam for the entire show, must be 18 years old, and can be any weight/height. Each fighter will receive a 4 fight contract from Fight World International for 500/500/500 but may receive additional win bonuses for winning by KO or submission. All fighters will also receive clothing sponsorships from PWNAGE Clothing and nutrition products from Happy Pills Nutrition.

Fighters get 1 week to train before they are drafted in to 2 teams. The coach of Team PWNAGE is Buster Gloves. The coach of Team Happy Pills is John Doe.

The top 8 fighters of the competition will receive a portion of the the prize pool for the show. The current prize pool is up to $40,000 (donated by PWNAGE clothing). Fighters may have custom skins or clothing lines created in their honor.

The show will be accompanied by a magazine, a teaser trailer video, and a podcast all covering the show and its fighters. Participants will also be encouraged to post messages on the forums in character in hype promos.

So without further delay, here is the application to join the show. Just fill it in and paste it as a reply to this post or PM Buster Gloves

Name of the fighter that will be created:Hometown:Background story:Nickname and how your fighter got that name:

I will post the accepted fighters within the days leading up to December 5th (which is the day that all fighters should be created). Priority will be give to applicants based on VIP status, Manager overall ranking, Creativity of application, and Previous BOTC experience.

Fuck. I made a guy Wolf J Mcfarlane like Saturday or Friday and wont be able to join I wont have a open slot in time. Can you consider letting him in please?

If accepted I will make a story for him dont worry.

I'm in, as coach and a fighter(hopefully). :)

Name of the fighter that will be created: Nick Lámbose

Hometown: Montreal, Quebec

Background story: Is a regular young male. Loves to party, smoke weed & play video games. He also considers himself a "chick magnet". All though he was bad in gym and has never taken a martial arts class before, he thinks he can win because of his background in video game (ie. He can think fast, has fast reactions etc...).

Nickname and how your fighter got that name: Gamer because he is so "good" at video games & he thinks he will play games on with his "victims".

* Name of the fighter that will be created: Rocket Mann

* Hometown: Tokyo,Japan

* Background story: Rocket Mann was Born on Dec.2,1989 and grew-up sneaking into the back of Pride Fights, since then he has been hooked on mma. He was originally born James Izzuki, In Tokyo, Japan from a single mother whom worked as a prostitute to pay the bills. He moved out from his mothers house when he was 7 years old to go live on his own. It was tough for him so he had to join a gang(Tri Dui Clan) so that he could make money in the streets, and have a roof over his head. When he was 9 years old he was introduced to a martial art called "Hwa Rang Do" by a wise old man who was called Grand Master Lee whom had to flee from North Korea to Japan after the Korean War. He started to spend everyday with Grand Master Lee trying to learn as much as he can, Grand Master Lee noticed and liked his dedication so much he offered to take him in to his home to live with him. Although it wasn't hard for James Izzuki to quit Tri Dui Clan, because the gang still stands behind him. Once James reach 15 he began doing worldwide tournaments all over the world; He travel to the United States one year and saw professional wrestling on TV and noticed all of these athletes changed their names to make their name more appealing. After winning 3 gold medals at the World Martial Art's Games, He decided the future in his life would me Mixed Martial Art's. This is when he decided if he wanted to have massive appeal and a future in MMA he would have to change is name so he decided on Rocket Mann. After Huge success in the amataur ranks he has decided to go pro. Lets see how he does!

Name of the fighter that will be created: Kevin Brookins

Hometown: London, UK

Background story: Raised in a very religious home Kevin Brookins was very sheltered most of his early life. When he was just 13 years old both of his parents were killed in a car accident and he was sent to a foster home. In his new home he was opened to many new things and was soon exposed to fighting. At the age of 16 he was out on his own and started fighting in backyard brawls with his buddies to make some money. Soon after he dropped out of school to train & fight on amateur circuits around London where he went 9-4. He'snow hoping to make his professional MMA debut on the BotC show.

Nickname: "The Minute Man" Do I need to explain it? :sad01_anim:

Name of the fighter that will be created: Ray Management

Hometown: Peterborough, UK

Background story: Ray was born and bred in Peterborough, never venturing far from his small home and large tight nit family unit. He never excelled at anything during his early life but was a strong as an ox. He was teased at school for his lower learning abilities and soon was accustomed to detentions for fights and misbehaving.

Finally he was expelled from his school and sent to a centre for children with anger and violence issues. Here he was taught to control his violent outbursts and was taught a variety of martial arts and skills to control his anger and temper. At eighteen when he was released from the centre he had few life skills but an abundance of MMA skills and no forum to use them. He search far and wide for an outlet until he found a place in Amsterdam he thought he could fit right in to.

Nickname: "Anger" At school Ray was always told he needed to lose his temper and control his anger. Often during his childhood he heard the term anger management. With his surname the nickname seem clear to him and he adopted it with ease.

* Name of the fighter that will be created: Han Halo

* Hometown:Manila, Philipines

* Background story:Han Halo was a pizza boy in the poor country of the Philipines.

After much sucess of Manny Paquiou he set forth on his fighting journey. After wrecking the local muay thai scene he changed

his focus to MMA to join to fastest growing sport in the world.

* Nickname and how your fighter got that name:"Halo" for Han 'Halo' Halo. "Halo Halo" is a philipino sweet drink made of fruit.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman...php?MgrID=39254

Name of the fighter that will be created: Ezekiel Robbins

Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah

Background story: Originally born in Liberia, Ezekiel was adopted as a baby by a Mormon family in Salt Lake City. His first introduction to MMA came when he would watch UFC and Pride events with his older brothers. Ezekiel's six older brothers would become his sparring partners and wrestling opponents as a child. He began boxing at 10 years old and competed at the state and national levels. In high school, Robbins took to the mat and wrestled all four years, winning three state titles. Ezekiel decided to fore-go college and train to become a professional fighter. Blood on the Canvas gives him an opportunity to pursue that dream.

Nickname and how your fighter got that name: "The Missionary" - the nickname refers to his religious convictions

Fuck. I made a guy Wolf J Mcfarlane like Saturday or Friday and wont be able to join I wont have a open slot in time. Can you consider letting him in please?

Sorry dude. All the fighters are being created this Sunday. Wouldn't be fair to give you a 10 day head start. You only own 10 fighters thus far. You should buy an extra fighter slot and then you can get in the show. We'd love to have Blkout involved.

I'm in, as coach and a fighter(hopefully). :)

Name of the fighter that will be created: Nick Lámbose

Hometown: Montreal, Quebec

Background story: Is a regular young male. Loves to party, smoke weed & play video games. He also considers himself a "chick magnet". All though he was bad in gym and has never taken a martial arts class before, he thinks he can win because of his background in video game (ie. He can think fast, has fast reactions etc...).

Nickname and how your fighter got that name: Gamer because he is so "good" at video games & he thinks he will play games on with his "victims".

I will add this fighter if we can not fill up the 16 slots with others. I may also add one of my own fighters just to even up the teams. I will keep you posted.

•Name of the fighter that will be created: Mark Mann

•Hometown: Calgary, Alberta

•Background story: Mark was an average wrestler on his high school team, his coach saying he lacked “killer instinct”. He really had no intentions of continuing on in any competitive sport after graduating, choosing instead to focus on continuing his education. All of this changed on a freshman hiking trip…

•Nickname and how your fighter got that name: Mark “The Wolf” Mann – on the aforementioned hiking trip Mark found himself briefly separated from the rest of his group. What happened next is for the most part a mystery. According to Mark he was attempting to locate the rest of his group when he was attacked by a large, black wolf. Most of his gear was shredded and his body bore several claw and bite marks consistent with this story. The effect that this had on Mark, however, was more than physical. According to his friends he emerged a changed man. He grew increasingly quiet and distant in everyday interactions, leaving his campus dormroom for extended periods of time, camping out in wilderness areas by himself. He also enrolled himself in several MMA classes at a local gym where instructors have been startled by his unparalleled aggression in the cage. Is this a manifestation of PTSD or, as Mark insists, something more primal awakened within him as a result of his encounter with the wolf?

We've got 4 fighters for the show so far. Here are the ones that are definately in:

As for those of you who have applied and have not heard anything back yet, your fighter may still be accepted to the show at a later date. Keep checking this thread to see if your fighter is going to Amsterdam.

Name of the fighter that will be created: Logan Mitchell

Hometown: Canmore, Alberta

Background story: Logan's parents met in Canmore in the 70s, they were both ski bums, they lived and breathed skiing. When they had Logan they figured he'd follow in their footsteps. He just never could get the hang of it. Not wanting to dissappoint his parents he tried everything, skiing, snowboarding and even cross country skiing. Then about 3 years ago Logan's Uncle moved to town. His Uncle had quite a successful pro boxing and MMA career and was now ready to step out of the ring and just coach young fighters. He opened a small MMA school in Canmore and asked Logan to come check it out. Logan wasn't all that familiar with MMA at the time because his parents never thought cable TV was a good idea. His uncle showed him a few of his tapes, Logan was instantly fascinated by the sport and started learning that day. Like his uncle he took to the stand-up aspect fast and his ground game has been progressing. Logan had finally found something he was good at although his parents were nervous about his new found love, they still supported him and want him to suceed. He's excited that he was invited to try out for BOTC 3 and is looking forward to showing off his heavy hands.

Nickname and how your fighter got that name: Growing up in a mountain town you'd expect to be good at some mountain sport, but not Logan he couldn't keep his skis straight and well snowboarding that was his worst nightmare. He became the king of ulitmate wipeouts. It was so bad that people gave him the nickname Biff, because before he found MMA, becoming a human snowball was the only thing he was good at.

Name of the fighter that will be created: Daniel Musso

Hometown: Reseda, CA

Background story: Daniel was raised in Newark, NJ. At 14, his father died, and his mother moved them to California where she found a new job that could support them both. Frank Musso was a professional wrestler in the '70s, wrestling under the moniker "Billy the Kid". Frank abused drugs pretty heavily before settling down with Daniel's mom. This took a toll on his heart that gave out years before it should have.

Daniel found it hard adjusting to new life in California. He felt lost in classes and ended up being targeted by a group of bullies in his school. They belonged to a local Tae Kwon Do school. One night they cornered Daniel after a school dance and would have beaten him to a pulp if not for the intervention of Mr. Tsai, an elderly Thai gentleman who happened to be passing by (and a Muay Thai master). Daniel was impressed and convinced Mr. Tsai to train him in Muay Thai.

Daniel proved to be a good pupil. He faced off and defeated the bullies that tortured him in high school in an underground fighting circuit. Convincing the main bully's girl to get naked in the backseat of his mom's stationwagon after the fight was icing on the cake.

High school is over now though, and Daniel has to look at what the future holds for him. He isn't a very strong student, and college seems like a long shot. He does take to fighting pretty easily though, so he thought maybe that's the path he should take. He sent in his audition tape to Blood on the Canvas for their third season, and is hoping that he gets selected as one of the 16 fighters.

Nickname and how your fighter got that name: "The Kid" - From his father's former wrestling nickname (and from that other Daniel-san his story resembles)

This is my second submission, and I know I won't have 2 guys in. I just had the idea and thought it'd be fun to give the runners another option... and maybe some reason to pick me. The manager link in my forum doesn't seem to be working properly, so here is the correct link: Alan Chomsky

If you do decide to include me, just tell me which fighter you want me to make. If you don't choose me, good luck with the show... maybe I'll get someone in next time you decide to do it.

Ok, 2 more fighters have been accepted to the show. That only leaves 10 spots open. If you want to be part of the show, get in your tryout applications as soon as you can. Here is the roster thus far:

5. Logan Mitchell - managed by Mason Venti

6. Daniel Musso - managed by Alan Chomsky

Name of the fighter that will be created: Dew Rain

Hometown: New York City

Background story: Dew Rain is born to Dr. Thomas Rain and his wife Martha, two very wealthy and charitable New York City socialites. Dew is brought up in Rain Manor, with its wealthy splendor, and leads a happy and privileged existence until the age of eight, when his parents are killed by a small-time criminal while on their way home from a movie theater. Dew Rain swears an oath to rid the city of the evil that had taken his parents' lives. He engages in intense intellectual and physical training; however, he realizes that these skills alone would not be enough to rid the evils. So instead he began training mixed martial arts and started fighting in hopes to honor his parents name… :/

Nickname and how your fighter got that name: Dew "Bruce Wayne" Rain... His eerily similar life story to Batman's made others call him Bruce :/

I'll buy an extra slot to create him if you actually accept this :)

• Name of the fighter that will be created: Byron Harrison
  • Hometown: Reno, Nevada
  • Background story:

Throughout the entire month of November, the fourth most trending topic on Twitter was: "Ex-Synchronicity Champion gets knocked out in night club brawl."

When the dust had settled and adrenaline had run out, a sense of confusion and awe overwhelmed the drunken patrons of popular Las Vegas night club "Lubricant." Sprawled out on the floor as if he were going to make a snow angel, an unnamed Syn champion laid motionless, presumably unconscious. But the sight of a defeated professional athlete wasn't what held the attention of all the frat boys, delinquents, single mothers and D-list celebrities that were present. Instead, the crowd gawked at a teenager of average build who stood over the fallen champion, shouting intensely.

"Ayo b*tch, what up now! Whas up now motha f*cka! That's right! That's right! Dat's what you get you b*tch!"

"Too good to sign a f*ckin' autograph for a fan, eh b*tch?! Well you got yourself knocked the f*ck out, didn't you f*gg*t?!

"Who's the champ now motha f*cka?? You ain't shi*t b*tch! You know I got fists of f*ckin steel b*tch.. I'ma knock any of you WWE queens out. Can't stop me, ain't no mothaf*cka gonna stop me.."

This went on for awhile.

Only a few hours after the event occurred, MMA forums like Sherdog.net and the UG were overwhelmed with new threads talking about the defeated ex-champ. Everyone claimed to either be there, or know a guy that knew a guy that was there.. but more often than not, they were simply trolling. No one knew for sure what really happened, frankly, because everyone in attendance was either drunk, high off meth, or dosed with rohypnol. . Some threads claimed that the Syn fighter started the argument and threw the first punch, while others told a totally different tale where Byron pulled a knife on the champ outside the club.

It wasn't long before Byron started replying.. to every thread. His online celebrity was rising so quickly, within a week he was doing interviews on MMA podcasts, explaining his side of the story. Byron twisted the truth to gain the public's favor. Harrison claimed how he was the victim and how he was just defending himself from a drunken meathead that was insulted and infuriated when he asked for an autograph. His big personality helped sell the story to everyone that listened.. The media and public sympathized with him, understanding the disconnect that can occur between celebrities and the everyday man. Enjoying his new-found popularity, the 18-year old from Reno could be seen everywhere in Las Vegas. He was highlighted on the jumbo-tron at local sporting events. Passerby's were always stopping him to get a candid photo, and every time he struck the same pose. Big smile and clenched fist touching the fan's chin. For the month of November, Byron Harrison was the champion of the average man.

Of course, all the luxuries and all of his popularity disappeared in an instant. A new video on Youtube was getting thousands of hits every hour. The video was titled "Byron Harrison.. FRAUD.. Lubricant Fight." Taken by a cell phone from someone at the night club, the 2 minute long clip showed Byron running up from behind the mma fighter, and hitting him over the head with a beer bottle. The champ dropped and while everyone else started throwing punches, you could see Byron duck down and ride the storm with his hands up covering his head from any random swings. When everyone had calmed down, Byron stood up and starting shouting as if he did something worthwhile. The truth had been revealed, and for a time, there wasn't a more hated man in the eyes of many MMA fans.

Dodging everyone from attorneys to the public as a whole, Harrison came to me looking for a way to clear his name.. a way out of the spotlight.

I told him that the only way he can find redemption in the public's eye is to get into the cage and fight for real. When he asked me where to begin, I replied:

"I know of a tournament being held in Amsterdam..."

• Nickname and how your fighter got that name: The Fraud, The Phony, Sucker-Punch-Punk, Bottle-Bitch, Liar.. all of these were given to him by the public, although his username online was always "HeavyHandedHarrison."

name: Lertphong Thong-oon

hometown: Chiang Mai, North of Thailand

background story: Lertphong grew up at his grandfathers house since his mother (father died early) had to move to Bangkok to work. His grandfather was a master in Muay Thai and trained it for his entire life. He started teaching Lertphong as soon as he could stand and walk, and he became a well known Muay Thai fighter in his region, respected for his kicks and elbows. When his grandfather passed away 2 years ago, he moved to Bangkok to live with his mother. There he first laid hand on a copy of UFC 2009 on the XBox of a friend, and immediately became obsessed with the thought of becoming a successful MMA fighter. He trained hard and now he turned 18, he wants to make a move to the Pros in MMA. The upcoming tournament is his big chance to start making a name for himself.

nickname: "Sonny" He was given this name by his grandfather in his early years, because his eyes remindet him of a dog the grandfather once had, which was named Sonny

•Name of the fighter that will be created: Beau Waters

•Hometown: Oxford, MS

Background story: Growing up in the same city as the University of Mississippi, Waters knew how to throw a party. Whether it was picking up sorority girls at bars or living it up with various fraternities, this underaged redneck pretty boy was the best at what he did. Think you could get that single Pre-Med major? He already has her number. Beer Pong? Do yourself a favor and save that liver, you're going down. Waters was such a celebrity that age and laws never mattered, people just wanted to be graced with his presence.

One day though, he came to the realization that he needed to change his life. He was always the pretty boy, the partier, but at the same time, he was the "hold me back" guy. Always scared to get his face punched, he'd act hard but never get into the fight. He'd threaten but leave the work for the college offensive linemen who had his back. It was time to handle his own business. He had to learn to fight.

The very next day he decided to skip out on his hay bailing duties and make the hour or so drive to Memphis. He always heard about the boxing classes there and was ready to try it out. After talking with a boxing instructor who he could barely understand, they threw him in the ring for a spar session. They wanted to see his worth. Instantly, he felt what it was like to get punched. Struggling desperately but still showing heart, he would continue to come forward despite getting dominated. It might have just been the adrenaline, but Waters would ask to come back. His instructor, though reluctant, would agree.

Just one growing season later, no one could touch him. No one could avoid him. Waters had shown such rapid improvement, he was viewed as greatness in the making. He'd instantly get booked for some amateur fights on the famous Beale Street in Memphis. Just hitting his 18th birthday, he'd take on guys twice his age but hold his own. Professional boxing wasn't out of the question. That would all change though just a few weeks ago.

The Delta Psi house was holding a viewing party for UFC 123. Free food, free drinks, you better believe Waters would be there. Viewing the Harris/Falcao fight, Waters felt right at home. He saw people running from him in the amateur fights anyway. The next fight though changed him. He'd see a little Hawaiian fighter with boxing skills, easily knock out a less athletic wrestler in just a matter of seconds, and then receive an $80,000 knockout of the night bonus on top of his salary. That little of work and that much money got Waters excited. Why become a professional boxer when you already know that your boxing skills are better than these MMA fighters? Why not make some money for his growing farm? Any country boy could use a few extra cows in the pasture or more land for his cotton and corn.

So now, here is Waters, ready to tackle MMA and knock people out in the process. He doesn't believe he's just another James Toney. He's a lot better looking and aside from his southern accent, you can understand him a lot better. Waters believes this would be the perfect spot for his MMA debut. He is anxiously ready to showcase his skills not only inside the cage, but also outside the cage in one of the biggest partying cities in the world.

.•Nickname and how your fighter got that name: Redneck Heartthrob- Received from his charm and ability to pick up older women in bars that he shouldn't even be allowed in