I hope that joint was worth it...

Marijuana does not make you hallucinate. If you're seeing things when you're high, then it's either your imagination (usually with kids) or your smoke was laced with something.

Maybe I should quit opening this thread (or the entire forum)... I know I'm gonna want to keep replying but I got work to do today so I better stfu! Lol

technically it's a hallucinogen, but the only visual thing you might experience is slightly more vivid colors.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wait to harvest until all the trichlomes are amber in color, you get quite a hallucinogenic and trippy effect.

This happens when most of the Cannabidiol (CBD) in the trichlomes has been converted to Cannabinol (THC).

CBD protects against the psychoactive effects of THC, cuts down on paranoja etc.

So, if you harvest early, you get more "high", while getting more body stone the later you harvest.

This is irrelevant of the type of the cannabis plant.

Ideal is to harvest in the "window", as then you get the most balanced outcome.

You're a piece of shit.

Why is that because he has a job that requires his employees, to be able to pass a piss test. The guy should have disclosed that information before the hiring process was started.

[rant]

So I offered a job to an old acquaintance of mine who because his girlfriend (and old friend and soldier of mine) asked me to. He has a good engineering degree but no any world experience so me giving him a 75k/year (US) was a massive upgrade from the food service job he is currently working.

He needs a Secret clearance to start the job. No problem, since he used to hold a TS... he just needs to pass a simple records check...

Oops! He decides to tell me after all this that he got busted with a joint in his car a couple of years ago. Ba bum ba bum!

Enjoy wearing that paper hat for $6.50/hour another couple of years because you are not getting your clearance back. At least not fast enough to get the job which means you won't get it at all.

Hope that weed was worth it. Moron.

[/rant]

I think you should perhaps spend less time delighting in the misery of your aquaintence. Your attitude to cannabis is like that of a 1920's alchohol prohibitionist. The policies you support are dogmatic and ineffectual. Anyway, you spelt moron incorrectly. Surely it should be "moran"?

http://weekendpundit.org/moran.jpg

Dam man, $500 a hour.... <_<

he sets up and maintains networks and all the computers for companies, small companies. Even if he has to fix a computer with a virus it is $500 an hour. If you are smart enough you can make fucking bank and be high as hell the whole time

I think he makes 85K a year running the computer network for a school district, and then works 10 hrs a week 10*500=$5000 a week. I could just work freelance and charge $250 at 20 hrs a week is $5000 a week. Sure you need to fill that 20 hrs but I also plan on having a job during the day. Funny shit is, I plan on setting up systems for growers to monitor their systems and tell them what their plants need, and when. For that I will make like $1000 an hour. So again, take your stupid job, and smoke it

My first job out of college was a job that required a SECRET level security clearance. On the application I said I smoked weed through college. They had to do a 7 year background check and I still got the job.

I'm sorry, but i think you are an idiot.

I have smoked pot every day for over 23 years, and when i started i had no career.

Now i have been working with computers for the last 18 years (knew nothing about them before i started smoking), and have been a server engineer for the last 12.

So don't give me any shit about being "dumb" by smoking, as it is people like yourself, with brainwashed stereotyping that are the dumb ones.

If you knew anything about the latest research into cannabinoids, and their protective qualities, you wouldn't say this shit if you had more than a half a brain.

Read, read some more, try to understand, and then communicate on the subject.

Communicating this way on a subject you obviously know fuck all about, only makes a fool of yourself.

Personally i would 100% choose to smoke/vaporize/eat my medicine, than have a 75-100k job that needs a security clearance.

Bottom line, the crime of smoking pot has no victims, and only idiots think a victimless crime, actually should be a crime.

Most nations have signed an international bill of human rights, where amongst other things is is stated that it is a patients human right to use the medicine of their own choice.

That is the reason the Canadian high court made the Canadian government change its drug laws, legalizing pot, as the law both breached the international human rights agreement, and breached at the same time the Canadian constitution.

The same applies to the USA and every other nation that has signed that human rights bill, but those countries choose to ignore the facts and throw more innocent people in jail for this victimless crime, that breaks you own human rights, if you are ill at least.

So for you to sit in front of your computer condemning others for something you don't understand in any way and trying to humiliate them, has put you on the lowest ladder of my respect list.

I can easily go into detail that backs up every statement i have made in this post, but that is a VERY lengthy discussion that warrants its own thread, but is much more suited to a different forum than this one, for obvious reasons.

Right now man,,,,Right fucking now.

technically it's a hallucinogen, but the only visual thing you might experience is slightly more vivid colors.

Only on the strictest of technical terms.

Hell, I have no problem with work, and I piss extremely hot for amphetamine (ADHD). I find it quite stupid that by comparison, it's hard for someone who smokes to get a job. I wish people would educate themselves and not believe what they see on TV when it comes to drug laws. Very few of them are completely justified.

all i can say is i don't buy into smoking OR drinking cause i don't see a benefit of either but i'll sure as fuck take a 75-100k a year job instead of starting and learn my balls off trying to pick whatever job i have to do up.

I think some of you are being overly harsh on greywar because you don't understand what actually happened in his story. You quote his initial post which had no opinions given for people who smoke with no strings attached. In the situation he give, greywar didn't just decide not to give the guy a job because he saw he smoked in the past. He needed someone to fill a position that required a security clearance. For most security clearances your record needs to be clean for a certain number of years. It doesn't matter if you do or have smoked to get the clearance, what matters is that you have a criminal record for it, which is a known factor for failing of the clearance process. The guy he was hiring had broken the law within the time frame, giving him a criminal record, and knew he was going to be up for a position that required clearances but decided not to tell greywar until he found out on his own. If you are in a position where you have to keep clearances or may need to gain them in the future, doing something illegal is not worth the risk as it, regardless if you agree with the law or not, can throw your career out the window and force you to look elsewhere for a job. This is the reason grewar is criticizing this person, as he is in that situation, and why later whenever he made jabs he citied the situation he wrote on to not bash everyone. The idea of legalization or opinions of people who smoke marijuana are completely separate subjects.

Security clearance requiring jobs aren't for everyone, and that's great. The point that was trying to be made is that if you ARE one of the people who wants to be in a field requiring security clearances (a large amount of government jobs) then you should not involve yourself in criminal activity whether you agree with the laws or not. Everyone else who is ok with breaking the law and can get away with it not affecting their life negatively, go for it.

all i can say is i don't buy into smoking OR drinking cause i don't see a benefit of either but i'll sure as fuck take a 75-100k a year job instead of starting and learn my balls off trying to pick whatever job i have to do up.

That's brilliant for you, but what works for you, doesn't necessary work someone else.

You need "nothing" to function well, while some others need "something" to function well.

I think some of you are being overly harsh on greywar because you don't understand what actually happened in his story. You quote his initial post which had no opinions given for people who smoke with no strings attached. In the situation he give, greywar didn't just decide not to give the guy a job because he saw he smoked in the past. He needed someone to fill a position that required a security clearance. For most security clearances your record needs to be clean for a certain number of years. It doesn't matter if you do or have smoked to get the clearance, what matters is that you have a criminal record for it, which is a known factor for failing of the clearance process. The guy he was hiring had broken the law within the time frame, giving him a criminal record, and knew he was going to be up for a position that required clearances but decided not to tell greywar until he found out on his own. If you are in a position where you have to keep clearances or may need to gain them in the future, doing something illegal is not worth the risk as it, regardless if you agree with the law or not, can throw your career out the window and force you to look elsewhere for a job. This is the reason grewar is criticizing this person, as he is in that situation, and why later whenever he made jabs he citied the situation he wrote on to not bash everyone. The idea of legalization or opinions of people who smoke marijuana are completely separate subjects.

Security clearance requiring jobs aren't for everyone, and that's great. The point that was trying to be made is that if you ARE one of the people who wants to be in a field requiring security clearances (a large amount of government jobs) then you should not involve yourself in criminal activity whether you agree with the laws or not. Everyone else who is ok with breaking the law and can get away with it not affecting their life negatively, go for it.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone in this game knew how to read.

I read what he said perfectly, my issue was that he implied his "friend" would only be able to work in food service "wearing a paper hat" if he continued to smoke pot.

If thats true your friend is just stupid, and or lazy, blaming a drug for that is just an excuse. I suspect that if he has a degree in engineering he'll have no trouble finding a job somewhere that doesn't require drug testing.

Just a question, was it the rules that stopped him from getting the job, as in having a criminal record automatically disqualifies him? Or was it you who dislike pot and decided to not hire him?

His clearance fell through and the job requires a clearance. No clearance = no job.

I could give a shit if someone smokes themselves stupid every day of the week as long as it doesn't effect their work. The issue here is a guy who was aiming to go back into cleared work doing something that will prevent him from doing so (for now).

Minor weed busts won't stop you from getting a final clearance even to the TS level *but* that process takes months to finish and most cleared jobs need you to start with what is called an Interim clearance (basically you pass a national records check). If you can't get the interim the company won't sponsor your investigation (usually) all the way to Final because they need you to start *now* and not in 3 months.

The reactions here are pretty standard. Many people love weed and don't like to hear anything about that isn't positive.

Can you suceed and smoke? Sure can, but most who do smoke it a lot don't end up succeeding. Percentage wise the sucess stories are a minority compared to the opportunities lost in my opinion.

By all means, rage against the machine and press for legalization. But while something is illegal, doing it and getting caught has consequences that are quite well known.

He was stupid and he lost out because of it.

I am angry about it because my former soldier has been supporting his ass through 4 years of college. Might have been nice to see a payoff rather than continuing to work for minimum wage.

1. People applying for high paying jobs obviously do. Others who are happy slinging hash and cleaning up drunk vomit are free to do so :)

I worked food service myself after leaving the service it was honest work and 2. it fucking sucked a dick not knowing if the heat was going to stay on because I couldn't get enough hours in a week to pay the bills.

Not worrying about buying my kids clothes, food, shelter and prepping for their future? Worth a fuckload more than smoking some weed. Might be different for you.

1. I'm not so sure about that. With the high salary usually comes high pressure, and high pressure usually does not bring happiness.

2. "It fucking sucked a dick"...??? :OMG:

[rant]

So I offered a job to an old acquaintance of mine who because his girlfriend (and old friend and soldier of mine) asked me to. He has a good engineering degree but no any world experience so me giving him a 75k/year (US) was a massive upgrade from the food service job he is currently working.

He needs a Secret clearance to start the job. No problem, since he used to hold a TS... he just needs to pass a simple records check...

Oops! He decides to tell me after all this that he got busted with a joint in his car a couple of years ago. Ba bum ba bum!

Enjoy wearing that paper hat for $6.50/hour another couple of years because you are not getting your clearance back. At least not fast enough to get the job which means you won't get it at all.

[/rant]

http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u45/forgiveness.jpg

I'm sorry, but did you really read it? he basically said the guy was an idiot for having a joint years ago. That is all I needed to hear to not care anymore

funny shit is the guy could make more than grey was offering, then calls him an idiot for smoking pot. The only thing the fed has is a pension, but when you make enough money you can start your own retirement fund.

I'm sorry, but did you really read it? he basically said the guy was an idiot for having a joint years ago. That is all I needed to hear to not care anymore

funny shit is the guy could make more than grey was offering, then calls him an idiot for smoking pot. The only thing the fed has is a pension, but when you make enough money you can start your own retirement fund.

Yes I did read it. Statements have context. Saying that you can throw out context because the statement is "all you needed to hear" is ridiculous. The guy was an idiot for doing something that he knew could end his current career track, but decided to do it anyways. He was also an idiot for wasting greywar's time when he knew he wasn't eligible for the job.

Not everything is about money and many federal employees aren't there for the funds or the benefits. Some people choose to be in a job where they may make less money, but can give back to their country. Those that do choose to give back to their country through their job still enjoy a decent paying job so that they can make a better life for their family and put more towards their children's education.

Yes I did read it. Statements have context. Saying that you can throw out context because the statement is "all you needed to hear" is ridiculous. The guy was an idiot for doing something that he knew could end his current career track, but decided to do it anyways. He was also an idiot for wasting greywar's time when he knew he wasn't eligible for the job.

Not everything is about money and many federal employees aren't there for the funds or the benefits. Some people choose to be in a job where they may make less money, but can give back to their country. Those that do choose to give back to their country through their job still enjoy a decent paying job so that they can make a better life for their family and put more towards their children's education.

whatever, it still doesn't excuse his attitude toward a joint. I don't respect everyone's opinion, sorry.

That is where he got the ticket actually. The Federal Government cares though and they are the people who grant clearances.

Fuck the system, this guy knew exactly what the penalties would be for doing something illegal andf did it anyway (*and* was dumb enough to get caught). The blame stays with him.

Don't like the system? There are lots of place where pot is legal so live there or simply accept that you won't be qualified for jobs that require you to not break laws if you are going to do it here. If he hadn't wasted my time applying for a job he knew he wasn't going to be able to qualify for I wouldn't give a shit.

Now I have to scramble around after wasting 3 weeks of hiring time to find someone who obeyed the fucking published and well known law of the land.

Awesome. Score one for pot smokers. Sure makes me sympathetic.

I'm with the fed and I say fuck this guy...he knew it was illegal and did it anyways...it's beyond the years of expiermentation, so i say screw him

I'm with the fed and I say fuck this guy...he knew it was illegal and did it anyways...it's beyond the years of expiermentation, so i say screw him

I'm with most all of the world when I say, fuck you then. Pot is not bad, wrong, or whatever you have been brainwashed to think. It is safer than the medication your grandparents take/took, you idiot