I hope that joint was worth it...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are still missing the point.... it isn't that smoking pot is bad or dumb. They aren't saying that. It is the fact that it is illegal and caused him to miss out on an opportunity in his life that he wanted. If you can't understand this then I don't know what to tell you.

The joint definitely was worth missing out on that job.

The joint saved this individual from having to work with people that have their head up their own arse, people like Greywar.

How about pulling that head out Gray,, it smells much nicer out here!

If I had to choose between a joint and making a lot of money, I'd probably choose the money. But hey, that's just me, and like most things, others will disagree. That being said, I don't think that smoking is stupid or makes you stupid, it's a lifestyle some choose to lead, and one others don't.

If I had to choose between a joint and making a lot of money, I'd probably choose the money. But hey, that's just me, and like most things, others will disagree. That being said, I don't think that smoking is stupid or makes you stupid, it's a lifestyle some choose to lead, and one others don't.

But the choice was only between that job, needing security clearance and having that joint.

Why settle for one, when you can easily have both, smoke and have a good salary.

You make it sound like it's either smoking and having a crap job, or not smoking and having a good job.;)

Saying that smoking pot is a lifestyle, is like saying drinking alcohol is a lifestyle, both CAN BE a lifestyle, but for most it isn't.

People have a lifestyle that includes many things, smoking pot, drinking alcohol or eating only Organic etc... is just a part of someones lifestyle.

My lifestyle is to provide for my family, but to do so, I need to sleep properly and sleeping pills fuck me up, ruin the day after for me, so the only safe alternative that has worked for me is smoking pot in the evenings,,, every evening for 23 years.

Works brilliantly for me, but has little or nothing to do with my lifestyle.

But the choice was only between that job, needing security clearance and having that joint.

Why settle for one, when you can easily have both, smoke and have a good salary.

You make it sound like it's either smoking and having a crap job, or not smoking and having a good job.;)

Saying that smoking pot is a lifestyle, is like saying drinking alcohol is a lifestyle, both CAN BE a lifestyle, but for most it isn't.

People have a lifestyle that includes many things, smoking pot, drinking alcohol or eating only Organic etc... is just a part of someones lifestyle.

My lifestyle is to provide for my family, but to do so, I need to sleep properly and sleeping pills fuck me up, ruin the day after for me, so the only safe alternative that has worked for me is smoking pot in the evenings,,, every evening for 23 years.

Works brilliantly for me, but has little or nothing to do with my lifestyle.

Please note the word IF

I never said it IS like that

I was using a hypothetical situation, and it's obviously not like that, a comment like that would be incredibly ignorant.

You make it sound like I was saying pot was a bad thing, but when did I ever say that? You're right, it is a lifestyle many choose to lead. Much like being a vegetarian. Nothing really wrong with it.

better smoke weed then sit it some smelly office suck some ones toes to get that stupid money

That's your opinion and I fully respect that, and honestly, I see where you're coming from. It's basically live a fun life with decent pay or lead a boring life with incredible pay. Once again it comes down to personal preference and there really isn't a wrong answer.

Greywar, you sound like one sour petty piece of shit. My brother told that he used to smoke weed in his application interview for the army and he got in without any problem. What does smoking herb in your free time have to do with being able to do your job properly? I feel sorry for the guy.

And obviously a lot of people with good paying jobs smoke weed, do cocaine or other drugs.

That post by Kyle Brookins was actually me. It's my nephews buddy and he forgot to log out before I got back on. I was going to repost under my name but since you have it quoted I see no reason to repost. But onto what I was saying, I'm not talking about this case in particular (which maybe I should have cleared up), but in general. Where I liven now I pay less than $500 a month including everything, yes it's not the biggest place but it's in a good neighborhood and suits me just fine. It's me, my husband & my nephew who all live together in a 2 bedroom home. My husband is disabled and gets disability, I work part time on a crappy salary & my nephew doesn't work at all (that's changing real soon!, lol) and we get by just fine and yes I am a happy person. There is ways to do it, and there a few tricks to learn here and there, but it can be done. I don't want to get into a big debate over it or anything, I was just stating a point, or trying to.

Multi! :P

What does your brother do in the military? The military was also taking people with non violent felonies at one time. Having a secret is a long process and a TS is a bigger headache. What it does for you in the outside world is get you paid. If the guy was expected not to puff the cheeba then he shouldn't. Oh by the way I have much respect for anyone out there who are willing to put theirselves out there for their country.

The joint definitely was worth missing out on that job.

The joint saved this individual from having to work with people that have their head up their own arse, people like Greywar.

How about pulling that head out Gray,, it smells much nicer out here!

It's weird because you degraded someone for making a stereotype on marijuana users, yet you make a stereotype on all government employees. You also fail to realize that there are is more than just pay as a factor when deciding to work for the government or not. You also still seem to have this misconception that the guy was judged for marijuana use and was denied the job because of that judgment, whereas he was actually denied the job for having a criminal record which can fail you on clearance screenings.

The military is awesome and I'm not degrading it whatsoever. I know some great potheads and I think that whatever you do on your own time is your choice. In a typical security clearance screening it asks if you have consumed marijuana in a certain time period. If you answer yes that could lead to revocation or non issue of the clearance. A criminal charge or conviction could also lead to the same as you stated in the above post. In my personnel opinion I think it should be legalized so the goverment can tax the hell out of it and possibly help out the national debt. But those are my two cents and that's not worth a lot.