Blood on the Canvas 3 TUF show Official Forum Thread

OOC: Fights are this Sunday guys. Make sure you all check those sliders, get your energy up, and boost that morale. Of course, if you are on Team Happy Pills, you can just sit back down on the couch and get fat.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Dominic Delmar is finishing his workout Marcus Downes catches him in hopes of getting an interview...

Downes: Hey Dominic, can I ask you a few questions?

Delmar: Yeah man sure, what ya got for me?

Downes: Let's start off with your training, how's it been going?

Delmar: It's hell man. I'm still trying to get myself into shape, I came in here no where near prepared for a fight. I've spent the entire time working on my body and haven't had a chance to even look at the Fightworld gym they have setup for us. But I hope to get in there soon!

Downes: Do you feel like that'll give you a disadvantage in your upcoming fight? That you've been unable to work on technique for so long?

Delmar: Possibly, but if I go in there and gas in the first round, all the technique would be useless anyway.

Downes: Good point. So what do you think of your first round opponent, "Naked" Bernie Bridges?

Delmar: I think he better not live up to his name and attempt to fight me naked! Haha, but honestly I've not seen him train yet. Like I said, I haven't even been into the FWI gym yet to get a look at anyone. From what I hear he will be a tough fight, but you know I'm coming out on top.

Downes: What's the gameplan?

Delmar: To win. :bangin:

Downes: Good luck and thanks for the interview!

Delmar: Thank you, sir!

<John Doe is standing in the gym looking nervous. Nick Lambose walks up to him.>

Nick Lambose: "Sup boss"

John Doe: "Just worried."

Nick Lambose: "Bout what?"

John Doe: "The fights tomorrow."

Nick Lambose: "Why are you worried. Team Pwnage is full of noobs."

John Doe: "Well I don't want to give the fight picks to Buster."

Nick Lambose: "Screw Buster. Team Happy Pills FTW."

John Doe: "I think they are doing better at training then we are."

Nick Lambose: "Really, do they have suppliments to help train them? Nope. All they have is clothing to make them look 'Fresh'."

John Doe: "True, but I think they have a better group of people."

Nick Lambose: "Yet their coach is Buster."

John Doe: "What's so bad about him?"

Nick Lambose: "Did you watch BOTC 1?"

John Doe: "Yeah."

Nick Lambose: "So you saw that he sucked."

John Doe: "True."

Nick Lambose: "You shouldn't bee worring. Anyways I better go back to training."

As Delmar is leaving the cage and walking back to his room Marcus Downes asks him for a post-fight interview.

Downes: Dominic, Dominic!! Can I get a quick interview?

Delmar: Yeah man go ahead.

Downes: Very impressive performance tonight, congratulations on the win!

Delmar: Yeah baby! That's how I do it!

Downes: You completely controlled the entire fight, what lasted of it anyway. Were you surprised?

Delmar: I was a little surprised. All I knew about Bridges was that he wasn't gonna give up so I was expecting more of a battle. It took a couple of knockdowns before I was able to get the finish but in the end I got it. My respect goes out to Bridges and I wish him luck in the future.

Downes: So with this being your first professional fight, do you plan on making a career out of it?

Delmar: Hell yeah! This fight went better than I expected and I feel I have what it takes to win this tournament. But only time will tell. There are some amazing wrestlers in this thing and until I face one of them I'm not sure how I'll fair against them.

Delmar's trainer interrupts the interview and takes him into his room...

Downes: Thanks for the interview and good luck in round 2!

IC:Alek Casey

<Alek Casey is running around and freaking out after his huge KO victory, when Sarah Stone asks him for an interview>

Stone:Can I get an interview Alek?

Alek:Sure Sarah.

Stone:How does it feel to record that KO?

Alek:It feels great. I knew I had to dig deep and I just came out swinging in the 2nd period because I knew if I got taken down again I probably wouldn't have lasted.

Sarah:How hard was it to battle through adversity and getting ground and pounded the whole 1st period to come back with a KO?

Alek:It was hard. I was almost out that 1st period but I knew if I could only last I would get another chance on my feet. He managed to take me down in to full mount to get the G&P but in the 2nd I managed to get in guard and then the ref stood us up.

Stone:Do you feel like you should get KO of the night?

Alek:Of course I do! That was one of the biggest KO's all of us have ever seen!

Sarah:Well congradulations and good luck in next round.

Alek:Thanks Sarah.

Results for round 1 of BOTC 3:

Kevin Brookins (Happy Pills) def Dew Rain - Decision (Unanimous)

Beau Waters (PWNAGE) def Lertphong Thongoon - KO (Punch)

Devon Berto Jr (Happy Pills) def Logan Mitchell - TKO (Cut)

Dominic Delmar (Happy Pills) def Bernie Bridges - TKO (Kick & Punches)

Daniel Musso (Happy Pills) def Ray Management - Decision (Unanimous)

Alek Casey (PWNAGE) def Nick Lambose - KO (Punch)

Mark Mann (PWNAGE) def Rocket Mann - TKO (Strikes)

Dragos Ilie (PWNAGE) def Byron Harrison - Decision (Unanimous)

That makes round 1 a tie (4 wins to 4 wins). The winners of round 1 will move on to round 2. Losers of round 1 are invited to participate in the consolation round, but may drop out or sack their fighter if they want. Team PWNAGE will retain control of picks in round 2. Team PWNAGE will pick fight #1, #3, and #4 in the winners bracket and Team Happy Pills will pick fight #1, #3, and #4 in the consolation bracket. Winners of the first round that finished their fight by KO or submission will receive a $1000 bonus from PWNAGE (this money is taken from the remaining prize pool money). The next round of fights will be set next week.

Marcus Downes caught up with Daniel Musso in the locker room after his first round win over Ray Management.

Downes Daniel... Great fight. I mean, no one expected that! Management seemed to pose problems for you throughout the fight.

Musso Ray is a terrific fighter. I knew that going in. I learned tonight that he's as tough as anyone as well.

Downes I thought with your advantage in length and power that a knockout was going to be the way you were going to win this fight.

Musso I worked hard on agility and speed before this fight, but I knew if I wanted to control the fight I needed to lock him up in the clinch. I couldn't close in during the last round, and he darted in and out of striking range with me. He's very fast.

Downes Seems like you were trying to bully him early.

Musso That was the plan. Keeping my hands on him. I didn't want to get in the game of chasing him around. Solid shots were still hard to come by. His Muay Thai is very good and there weren't many gaps in his defense.

Downes You plan on sticking with this plan throughout the competition.

Musso I'll do what it takes to win, but right now, all I want to do is go back to the house and sleep.

Musso pushes past Marcus to wait for his ride back to the BotC house.

Downes There you have it. Daniel Musso of Team Happy Pills wins tonight after surviving a surprisingly tough test from the smaller Ray Management.

As soon as Devon gets into the lockerroom after his fight Marcus is all over him.

Marcus Downes: Wow! What a bloodbath.

Devon Berto Jr: Yeah, it did get a bit messy.

Marcus Downes: Did you know he was susceptible to cuts like that?

Devon Berto Jr: No not at all. I noticed he cut from one of my first punches, and just kept hitting the same spot from there.

Marcus Downes: So you were trying to get a doctor stoppage???

Devon Berto Jr: No no, most guys just don’t like to see their own blood all over the place that’s all. It didn’t seem to affect Michell though.

Marcus Downes: Are you satisfied with your overall performance?

Devon Berto Jr: Not really. I should have finished the fight when I had him rocked early in the fight, but I just jumped straight into his guard, that were actually better than expected.

Marcus Downes: It looks like it both teams could get 4 wins tonight. What do you think about the other fight that you’ve seen.

Devon Berto Jr: Well… you never want your teammates to loose, but on the other hand I’d hate to fight them as well. So if we end up at 4 a piece that’ll make sure I still get to put the hurt on one of those pwnage guys.

Marcus Downes: Anyone in particular you’d like to fight in the next round?

Devon Berto Jr: Doesn’t matter to me. Whoever it is, I’m sure we’ll find a gameplan that’ll work.

Marcus Downes: Any last words before I let you go?

Devon Berto Jr: I like your new haircut.

Marcus shakes his head as he walks out the door

Here is how the tournament bracket looks so far. Round 2 matchups will be picked by the coaches, they are not default as shown in the diagram.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/dj_trashboy/round1resultsbracket.jpg

$1000 bonuses have been sent out to the fighters in Round 1 that won by KO or submission. 5 out of 8 fights. Way to finish those fights guys. Oh and a reminder, if you get a chance, stop by Fight World International and give them a 10 rating to thank them for hosting the tournament.

BOTC 3: Round 1 Review

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Goliath764/TheFerryman.jpg

This report is brought to you by Styx The Ferryman.

Welcome to the The Ferryman's Corner, you all can call me Styx The Ferryman and I am here to bring you all the review of BOTC 3: Round 1. Mind your word and don't ask why and what the fuck I am doing here, or I will drag you to hell through my ferry. Anyway, let's head to the fights:

Dragos Ilie vs Byron Harrison

Alright, first up will be Vampiro vs The Fraud. Man, this match is freaking boring to be honest and I am a freaking honest man for your information. Harrison, despite being some sort of a fraud in his "ex-champ incident", has proved that he has some basic boxing skill intact. Sadly, his boxing skill is far away from the level that would bother a sober ex-MMA champion as he could hit some but he couldn't knock Vampiro down. Vampiro was even more boring, it's like Harrison had eaten a lot of onion before the fight and that put the vampiric aura of Ilie off the chart. Ilie fought like he wanted to just sleep inside his own coffin, and he showed that with his lay'n'pray on the ground. Anyway, his LNP approach took two rounds by one so I have to give credit to him for getting the win. Winner: Dragos Ilie(29-28 UD)

Rocket Mann4 vs Mark Mann

The coaches sure like to pair up some humurous match-up to make better television. I call this "The Battle of Mann" and no, I am not in it despite being a "Mann" too. Mann threw a hook to Mann...oh sorry, I meant Mark threw a hook to Rocket to start the game but Rocket took Mark down easily later and got to a good position. Well, that sure triggered Mark's inner-mann and that is the "Wolf Mann". Rocket decided to try for mount after several bad attempts of submission and Mark was able to sweep Rocket and only stayed in guard for two seconds before passing to side control. You could see by that time that Mark's face has a shade of wolverine look on it and he just filled the rocket up with punches after punches on side control until the referee had enough and Rocket has no chance to defend. If Mark Mann ever not want to be a MMA fighter anymore, he might as well sell himself to a science lab for some inner rage experiment. Winner: Mark Mann(TKO:Strikes)

Nick Lambose vs Alek Casey

This fight was awesome in a lot of way. I am actually surprised that Lambose can really pick up some fighting techniques from game. That takedown Lambose did on Casey was art and he got to mount easily. However, it seemed that MMA games failed to teach him how to finish his opponent from mount. Or, Casey is just one tough mother fucker. It's no surprise that Casey could take a lot of punishment as he ate punches after punches until the end of round one. This kid is no joke. Round 2, Lambose got a takedown again but he didn't really do much this time so the referee stood them up. Casey was like "Okay, it's my time now." and I am not sure whether it's his strategy or not but he burst into some sort of full power mode and started to really hit back hard on Lambose. Obviously, you really couldn't learn how to defend strikes from game because well, those are pre-rendered animation in games and Casey threw punches at different angle all the time. Lambose's role changed from the puncher to the punching bag starting there and his time was up as soon as Casey landed a picture perfect overhand right on him. Well, sorry but you have no credit left for tonight, son. Winner: Alek Casey(KO:Punch)

Ray Management vs Daniel Musso

This match was like a pure muay thai affair. Kick boxing without "box", it's just "kicking" in the standup department for this fight despite Ray's multiple attempt of his punches. I have to say that Ray is a clever fighter, as soon as he realized he was outgunned in the clinch, he tried to pull guard to force Musso to drop him down. Sadly, it didn't work well enough for a victory tonight. Instead, Musso utilized his clinch very well to break Ray's "stand and kick" tactic by limiting the time spent standing with him. Ray's kicks were no joke though as we could all see the effect in round 3 which Musso's fighting ability was downgraded. Sadly, Ray decided to focus on leg kicks and not try a head kick finish in round 3, ending the fight with a 29-28 to Musso. Winner: Daniel Musso(29-28 UD)

Bernie Bridges vs Dominic Delmar

All I can say that farmers are tough dudes, proven by games like GTA:San Andreas and World of Warcraft(in which my Forsaken got fucked by some human farmer in the early stage). Want more games as reference? Ask Nick Lambose. Delmar is a freaking machine as he threw over 40 kicks in two minutes and all of them were on target. What he missed was punches, which is very acceptable as Bridges was a good boxer. Bridges's naked legs clearly got fucked up real soon into the fight and he could not do much except taking more kicks of Delmar. Poor dude couldn't even check some leg kicks later despite knowing they are coming because lifting his legs up are so hard to do. Bridges was tough though, he could take a lot and he was knocked down twice before he was TKOed. Apparently, Delmar was like "Fuck it, you ain't going up!" and just start throwing punches at the third knock down to make sure he got the win. Bridges was still awake after the third head kick knockdown but the referee has to save him from endless rain of punches so that he wouldn't die naked inside a cage. Winner: Dominic Delmar(TKO:Kick & Punches)

Logan Mitchell vs Devon Berto Jr

If I have to finish this fight in one sentence, it will be "Mitchell got biffed by Hightower". Mitchell was going for a risky take of throwing combination frequently. Apparently, the luck wasn't on Mitchell's side tonight and his plan didn't go well. Mitchell was knocked down, rocked and cut in this fight. That's a huge lot of punishment to take inside five minutes and Mitchell showed that he has the heart to take them all. Sadly, heart alone couldn't overcome Devon's hit and run style with a clever add of aiming at the cut and the doctor stopped the fight after he checks on Mitchell's cut at 4:16 of round 1. I don't really like Devon's background story but I sure like his perfomance tonight. Winner: Devon Berto Jr(TKO:Cut)

Beau Waters vs Lertphong Thongoon

Boxing versus Muay Thai and it didn't take long for the result to show. In just a little more than one minute, Waters put an end to the fight with an ultra powerful uppercut that turned Thongoon into Air Jordan for a few seconds before landing down hard on the mat. I like how Waters defended himself in the muay thai clinch and fought his way back with his own game, perfect demonstration of boxing. Winner: Beau Waters(KO:Punch)

Dew Rain vs Kevin Brookins

Mr.The Minute Man would wish he can last this long in bed because this was not a minute anymore. Rain's glourious moment was the five minutes of round 1. He dominated that round by sitting on taking Brookins down early and then just mount'n'pound his way to the bell's sound. However, round 2 was a different story. Rain still got some takedowns but Brookins punched him real hard there and also taking him down once to make sure the judge favor him that round. Round 3 was a lot of takedowns and stand up but there was a lack of action after the fight reaches the ground like the mat has some sort of demotivation substance in it. Brookins got that round because he at least tried to strike(and hit some) but that's just my own speculation. Anyway, Brookins won in yet another 29-28 decision. Winner: Kevin Brookins(29-28 UD)

That's all for round 1. I will see you all again in round 2. Now I have to get back to my goddamn ferry in time before Hades decides to punish me for my passion in MMA.

OOC: Ok the coaches have selected matchups for Round 2 of BOTC to be held around February 5th. Here are the matchups:

Winners Bracket:

Beau Waters vs Devon Berto Jr (selected by Team PWNAGE)

Dominic Delmar vs Alek Casey (selected by Team Happy Pills)

Mark Mann vs Kevin Brookins (selected by Team PWNAGE)

Dragos Ilie vs Daniel Musso (selected by Team PWNAGE)

Consolation Bracket:

Byron Harrison vs Dew Rain (selected by Team Happy Pills)

Logan Mitchell vs Lertphong Thong-oon (selected by Team PWNAGE)

Nick Lambose vs Bernie Bridges (selected by Team Happy Pills)

Rocket Mann vs Ray Management (selected by Team Happy Pills)

Expect fight offers soon. If you plan on sacking your fighter, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

As Devon walk to the locker room after the fight Marcus Downes catches up with him .

Marcus Downes: I’m afraid I’m repeating myself from three weeks ago but, Wow! What a bloodbath!!

Devon Berto Jr: Yep, you did just repeat yourself.

Marcus Downes: This is the second time you are cutting up an opponent in this show. Are you not afraid you’ll get at reputation as a dirty fighter if this keeps up?

Devon Berto Jr: Not really. Or maybe but I don’t care. I know I fight fair and if people can’t handle that it’s their problem.

Marcus Downes: Okay let’s leave it at that… You are now the only Team Happy Pills fighter left in the show. What do you think that is going to mean for you.

Devon Berto Jr: Well, it’s going to mean that they get to choose the matchup they think is best for them.

Marcus Downes: Is that making your nervous.

Devon Berto Jr: Not really. I was their first pick for this round as well so….

Marcus Downes: If you could choose. Who would you want to fight then?

Devon Berto Jr: Doesn’t matter. If you want to win a show like this you gotta be able to beat anyone they put infront of you.

Marcus Downes: Thanks for the time. Talk to you later

Devon Berto Jr: Sure thing Marcus.

Marcus hurries out the locker room to watch the rest of the fights

OOC: OK results are in. Here are the results:

Winners Bracket:

Devon Berto Jr (happy pills) def Beau Waters

Dominic Delmar (pwnage) vs Alek Casey

Mark Mann (pwnage) def Kevin Brookins

Dragos Ilie (pwnage) def Daniel Musso

Consolation Bracket:

Dew Rain (pwnage) def Byron Harrison

Logan Mitchell (pwnage) DRAW vs Lertphong Thong-oon (happy pills)

Nick Lambose (happy pills) def Bernie Bridges

Ray Management (pwnage) def Rocket Mann (Mann was sacked by his owner)

All fighters that lost their 2nd round fights have been eliminated from the tournament. Winners move on and are one step closer to winning their brackets. We are still figuring out what to do with Logan Mitchell and Lertphong Thong-oon who had a draw this week. If Dew Rain, Nick Lambose, or Ray Management drop out for whatever reason, both Mitchell and Thong-oon will move on. If Mitchell or Thong-oon drops out, the other will move on. If nobody drops out, we may have a rematch next friday on 2/11/10.

Fights for round 3 will be chosen in this order:

Winners Bracket:

Fight 1 picked by PWNAGE

Fight 2 picked by default

Losers Bracket:

Fight 1 picked by Happy Pills

Fight 2 picked by default

Since there are only 8 fighters left, that means each one of them will finish in the prize pool. Great job guys. For those of you who won your first round fight and lost your second, sorry about your luck. We appreciate your participation. Fighters that won by KO or submission this week will also receive their $1000 bonus in the next few days. Check back in soon for updates.

-Buster Gloves

IC: Alek Casey

Alek:Yaaaaaaaaa!!

Another KO!

I am jacked!

Marcus: Can I get an interview Alek?

Alek: Sure Marcus

Marcus: How does it fell to battle through all this adversity to go out and finish that fight with a KO?

Alek: That makes this victory even sweeter as I was the last pick, had to fight the 2 fighters that were preselected by the coach and owner of happy pills, and have team happy pills pick to fight me both times. It feels great!

Marcus: Well, congrats on that KO and is there anyone that you want to fight next round?

Alek: I will fight whoever and it won't matter to me I will just keep throwing punches and watch people fall. I will never back down!

IC: Alek Casey

Alek:Yaaaaaaaaa!!

Another KO!

I am jacked!

Marcus: Can I get an interview Alek?

Alek: Sure Marcus

Marcus: How does it fell to battle through all this adversity to go out and finish that fight with a KO?

Alek: That makes this victory even sweeter as I was the last pick, had to fight the 2 fighters that were preselected by the coach and owner of happy pills, and have team happy pills pick to fight me both times. It feels great!

Marcus: Well, congrats on that KO and is there anyone that you want to fight next round?

Alek: I will fight whoever and it won't matter to me I will just keep throwing punches and watch people fall. I will never back down!

OOC: Great win! Congrats!

Ok bonuses have been sent out to fighters who finished with KO's in round 2 and a tie-breaker fight between Logan Mitchell and Lertphong Thongoon should be held this friday 2/11/11. I believe it will be a 1 round fight. Expect fight offers soon. If either Mitchell or Thongoon wish to decline the fight, they may opt out of their contracts.

Ok bonuses have been sent out to fighters who finished with KO's in round 2 and a tie-breaker fight between Logan Mitchell and Lertphong Thongoon should be held this friday 2/11/11. I believe it will be a 1 round fight. Expect fight offers soon. If either Mitchell or Thongoon wish to decline the fight, they may opt out of their contracts.

Looks like Thongoon won the tie-breaker fight. Expect Round 3 matchups to be set this weekend.