Fury Fight Brazil Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Bartlett Cashes on Kali's Fear

The Rio MMA scene is flourishing, but not everyone gets to rest at the top. With 2 losses and no wins in the cage, both Vincent Bartlett and Smashana Kali are looking to get their first victories under their belts. In a press release issued today by manager Rhyos Beoulve on behalf of "Hellhound" Bartlett in preparation for Fury Fight Brazil's next big event: FFB9, we get some insight on the inner workings of the MMA game. In this release, Bartlett calls out "The Destroyer of Life" for not yet accepting the proposed fight.

"I know I'm not the greatest fighter out there, but this has got to be a sign of just how unprepared Kali is for this fight. I've been working my ass off to redeem myself for those losses, and I'm ready to take on whomever Lionel Methworth wants to set me up with. If Kali doesn't want his face smashed in, I don't blame him, but get out of the sport if you can't last. And for the love of God, get a less emo name!" Bartlett was seen favoring his right arm, still recovering from injury in his last QFC fight.

Rio-7 Sports met with manager Rhyos Beoulve in his office right here in Rio for further comment.

"Regardless of his record, Vinnie is one hell of a fighter. He's been up against some great combatants with superior records and, honestly, superior luck. We've been working on his conditioning, endurance, and flexibility. He won't submit. He's proven he can take a hell of a lot of damage, as his hospital records show, and he's able to give back what he takes. We've been checking the tapes of FFB1, and we saw "The Destroyer"'s glass jaw shatter. I have no idea why Smashana won't take the fight, but we're ready and waiting to break it again."

Regardless of who wins, someone will get their first victory, and hopefully a nice restart to their momentum. Attempts to reach Mundi Sum for comment haven't been returned. We will keep you up to date on the latest news! Reporting for Rio-7 Sports, this is Marisa Alvares.

Bartlett Cashes on Kali's Fear

The Rio MMA scene is flourishing, but not everyone gets to rest at the top. With 2 losses and no wins in the cage, both Vincent Bartlett and Smashana Kali are looking to get their first victories under their belts. In a press release issued today by manager Rhyos Beoulve on behalf of "Hellhound" Bartlett in preparation for Fury Fight Brazil's next big event: FFB9, we get some insight on the inner workings of the MMA game. In this release, Bartlett calls out "The Destroyer of Life" for not yet accepting the proposed fight.

"I know I'm not the greatest fighter out there, but this has got to be a sign of just how unprepared Kali is for this fight. I've been working my ass off to redeem myself for those losses, and I'm ready to take on whomever Lionel Methworth wants to set me up with. If Kali doesn't want his face smashed in, I don't blame him, but get out of the sport if you can't last. And for the love of God, get a less emo name!" Bartlett was seen favoring his right arm, still recovering from injury in his last QFC fight.

Rio-7 Sports met with manager Rhyos Beoulve in his office right here in Rio for further comment.

"Regardless of his record, Vinnie is one hell of a fighter. He's been up against some great combatants with superior records and, honestly, superior luck. We've been working on his conditioning, endurance, and flexibility. He won't submit. He's proven he can take a hell of a lot of damage, as his hospital records show, and he's able to give back what he takes. We've been checking the tapes of FFB1, and we saw "The Destroyer"'s glass jaw shatter. I have no idea why Smashana won't take the fight, but we're ready and waiting to break it again."

Regardless of who wins, someone will get their first victory, and hopefully a nice restart to their momentum. Attempts to reach Mundi Sum for comment haven't been returned. We will keep you up to date on the latest news! Reporting for Rio-7 Sports, this is Marisa Alvares.

My fighters can beat either of these guys... Lets get it ON!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bartlett vs. Maurizio - Conflicted Interests

In a strange twist, two fighters managed by Rhyos Beoulve, Vincent Bartlett, who is coming off of an exciting guillotine choke victory in FFB 9 over Smashana Kali, and Mick Maurizio, who lost a crushing decision against now champion of the AFC Mike Steven way back in EBCF 1: Awakenings, are squaring off against each other in the up and coming event: FFB 14. Scouts are reporting a strong advantage for Maurizio, but Bartlett has never been one to call it quits early.

When Mr. Beoulve was approached for comment, he had plenty to say. "It's always interesting as a manager when two of your fighters are pitted against each other. You want to root for both of them, but it really comes down to who has the heart to win. Regardless, I can guarantee that it'll be an exciting fight, and one which will rock the Hard Knocks arena to the floor. Mick's always been a hard trainer, and he's improved a hell of a lot since his last fight. I would have loved to get him in the ring more, but everyone kept chickening out! Vinnie's been itching for a fight since his latest win, especially due to so many failures to show by his opponents. These guys are out for blood, and at this point, it doesn't matter who!"

MMA fans, get your tickets now, as seating is short, and this is sure to be a fight for the books. This is Marisa Alvares, Rio-7 Sports.

• 4 weeks later...

Estacio "The Excitement" da Fonseca was once regarded as one of best bantamweights on the planet. Three fights, and three losses later, da Fonseca's no longer on top. He's not even close. At 5-5, and only one fight left on his contract, many wonder if retirement is in the brazilian's future.

"I'm nowhere close to done." stated Estacio. "My fight approach before was do or die, catch or be caught, win or die trying. But now, I've underwent a new defensive training approach thanks to the Casa Dos Campeões fight gym."

When asked if Fury Fight Brazil has contacted him with his next opponent yet, 'The Excitement' responded "Not yet. Whoever it may be though, they can expect a new and improved fighter. No more mistakes. No more excuses. Before, I was good. But not until NOW, have I reached my prime."

Apparently ground and pound is still weak and having no energy doesn't effect submissions at all.

It really sucks to be winning the fighter after 2 rounds and get submitted by a guy with no energy at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnson vs. Bartlett - David and Goliath?

Fury Fight Brazil has been a hotbed of activity on Rio's fight scene, and has been able to make, break, and attract some of the scene's premiere mixed martial artists. One such fighter is practically a superhero in his own right. With a perfect 5-0 record, Johnny "The Tick" Johnson is one of Rio's top-ranked light heavyweights, ranked 5th overall and 2nd in the 205lb weight class in FFB's ranking, and 74th worldwide in his weight class. Only one fight of his career has gone longer than one minute. His punches have created cuts in seconds, and his theme song is downright keen.

On the other hand, we have someone who is, for all intents and purposes, a loser in the mixed martial arts area, Vincent Bartlett. Though he is still coasting the high from his win over Mikhail Chigorin, "Hellhound" Bartlett is ranked substantially lower than Johnson, ranked 883 worldwide in the 205lb weight class. The odds certainly seem stacked against Vincent, but a victory here could mean a huge upset for Johnson's perfect record and a huge boost for the underdog. On his way into Foundations, we managed to catch up to Bartlett for comment.

"Look, I'm getting tired of all this shit-talking about how I'm going to get my face smashed in, or that this is a rigged fight. I'm not going into a meat grinder, I'm going into a fight. Everyone is beatable, anyone can lose, and I intend to find out how to break this guy. I've been working my ass off, I'm healthy, and I'm just about ready to go. Sunday night was movie night, as I sat and watched his videos. 5 minutes later, I had an idea of his gameplan, and now I'm working to counter it. Will it be tough? Hell yeah, it'll be tough. But this will prove why I'm here, and that I can bang with the best. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some work to do. Redemption takes time."

Rhyos Beoulve, as always, was available for comment. "It's great to see Vinnie in a fight that will actually go on. He's got a lot riding on this fight, especially with his renegotiated contract. Johnson can't kick to save his life, and I don't think I've ever even seen him try a submission. It's going to be a war out there, a real David and Goliath story, and I think Vinnie's right leg is just the sling he needs. I've heard a lot of people saying that Vinnie's being fed to the wolves on this one. This isn't a slaughter, this is an opportunity. Everybody likes an underdog, and when Johnson comes out of there with an L, the world will know Vinnie's for real."

FFB 29: Piletich vs. Silva is selling out fast, with only 5000 tickets on sale. Now's your chance to see some history in Rio's fight scene, so get those tickets fast! For Rio-7 Sports, this is Marisa Alvares reporting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maurizio vs. Casillas - The Comeback?

Fury Fight Brazil is gearing up for their next event, FFB 35: Muerte vs. Ramirez which should go a long way to boosting the organization into bigger and better venues. Just one of the interesting cards on this week's schedule is a fight between Mick Maurizio and Iker Casillas, both with 3-2 records. Maurizio has yet to reach a win streak, with almost every win coupled with a corresponding loss immediately afterwards, whereas Casillas is crashing from a previous 3-win streak, his most recent loss by submission to Homer Simpson in the QFC. Will his introduction to Fury Fight Brazil turn his luck around? "The Dagger" hopes not. Coming off of a knockout over Mookie Goya in FFB 29: Piletich vs. Silva, a win could get Maurizio one victory away from his first 3-win streak.

We were able to reach Mick at the exclusive Hellfire Club in Rio for comment. "The guy's certainly got staying power, and in looking over his tapes, he's definitely got some skills on the ground. I don't think I've ever seen the guy take a punch, and any kicks he tried were feeble. As much as I don't want to get my hands near that nasty-ass beard, I plan on cracking that head open. Striking has a place in MMA, and I'm going to show that to the crowd. I'll prove my name by cutting him up with elbows in the clinch."

Also happening in the 205lb weight class this card is a fight between Vincent Bartlett and Gay Al. Both fighters have 2 wins to their records, but Bartlett is the veteran looking to make up for his second round loss versus Johnny Johnson back in FFB 29, which took his record to 2-4. "The Rod," on the other hand, will be entering his 4th fight, coming off of a strike submission victory over Mikhail Chigorin in FFB 31: Fantana vs. Machida.

Commenting in a phone interview from his apartment in Rio, Bartlett weighs in on the fight: "Like most of my fights in FFB, this one's going to be tough. He's a good striker and an even better submissions expert. I think my best chance is going to be in the clinch - if I can control that, I've got this won. I've been training my ass off for this fight, but I've been having a hard time making things click. Hopefully instinct will take over. I've been getting better, I just hope it's good enough for the win."

We contacted Rhyos Beoulve for comment. "It's been a while since I've seen these two in a fight. Mick's been making some huge gains in his training - the boy's bringing a new lethality to the ring. I'm a little worried about Vinnie, but he's always put forward a good show. Something in common with both of their opponents is that they seem to love their ground game. If my boys can keep on their feet, I can see a win for both of 'em. Mick? He'll crush Casillas. Bartlett, I'm not too sure about, but I'm planning on laying my money down on him."

FFB 35: Muerte vs. Ramirez will go down at a smaller venue, the 2000 seat Hayashi's Lounge in Rio's south end. There are only 2000 tickets for this event, and they'll be scalping high, so get 'em legit while you can! For Rio-7 Sports, this is Marisa Alvares reporting.

Hey, Big John, I noticed you've been hitting the 'roids pretty hard.

2009-09-16- Bought Muscle V5 - ANABOLIC BLEND for $125

2009-08-27- Bought MMAXIMUM STRENGTH --156 Quality-- for $150

2009-08-14- Bought Roid Rage Strength Boost 152++ Supplement for $75

2009-08-01- Bought Muscle V5 - ANABOLIC BLEND for $125

Doesn't matter how strong you are, this fight is going to be short. Two hits. Johnny hits you, you hit the floor.

• 1 month later...

Hey Dillon, you'd better have a different strategy for Fitzwell this time around. If you try taking him down repeatedly it will end the same way it did last time.... with him face down on the canvas.

Hey Dillon, you'd better have a different strategy for Fitzwell this time around. If you try taking him down repeatedly it will end the same way it did last time.... with him face down on the canvas.

This time ill take your mother down first. Then ill kick you in the balls. ;)

Well played sir. I have to gameplan for this strategy now.

Sure you will. .;)

If you dont want anything bad to happen to you mother, ill suggest you just drop down with the first punch i give you. :)

Sure you will. .;)

If you dont want anything bad to happen to you mother, ill suggest you just drop down with the first punch i give you. :)

Wait... you mean you actually throw punches? :mf_popcorn1:

Wait... you mean you actually throw punches? :mf_popcorn1:

I do... I do.. .I was just hung over the last time. I had been to this party all night long. To much cocain and prostitutes my friend. .:)

Ill take a day off this time before i come to the ring and spank you, like your father did when you was little.