Shin guards buying advice

zinomori

Hello friends..

I am back in training after a couple of weeks gap (injury recovery). Now I am looking at buying a new pair of shin guards and need your help to get the best ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction and recommend me some good brands from your own experience. BTW my budget is around $50, but I would like to keep it under $40. Looking forward to hear your advice and recommendations.

Thanks.

This is probably the wrong section in the forum.

However I would suggest getting a real good pair so probably want to save up. Nothing worse than sparring with a pair of shin guards that are either too small and u cant move your ankle or knees properly or too big and have it hinder your knees when clinch training or even conditioning. I personally hate thinking about my shin guards hindering my movement whilst the guy im sparring with is peppering me with shots.

I strongly suggest buying Fairtex gear as they have been great for me. I bought it from their actual store whilst training in thailand but you can always get them online via their shop on their website.

http://www.fairtex.com/

You can also find a local store by navigating through the site above.

[Edit] - Forgot to add. When I was buying them there, there was 3 versions of shinpads, all equally as good as one another but I got the version 3. Version 2 is exactly the same but the ankle support is better in the 3rd. Was priced the same too.

Im a pro fighter, go with the grappling shin gaurds. Fairtex are hard as fuck and if ur a asshole go with them bc ur sparring partners will hate ya lol.

combat sports grappling ones r the ones i use

Im a pro fighter, go with the grappling shin gaurds. Fairtex are hard as fuck and if ur a asshole go with them bc ur sparring partners will hate ya lol.

Great for conditioning, thats what thai boxing is all about =P

I use the CSI brand also. I like them because they stay put and don't slide around. I'm sure other brands have similar styles, but I prefer the grappling shin pads.

I use the CSI brand also. I like them because they stay put and don't slide around. I'm sure other brands have similar styles, but I prefer the grappling shin pads.

Yea ive worn my far share of them, sucks when you have to reach down to turn ur shin pad back ten times during a sparring session. Thats one of the reasons why i go with the grappling ones.