Less People are Playing the Game

jammon896

i am playing this game for about 2 months. And im really happy. TBH, i cant afford VIP pass. Well, i got my vip from good people on chatroom. i will not mention their names. hehehe. Well, this one is my problem. Many of my friends want to play this. But they will share one ip address. Because they will play on my friend`s internet shop. I asked sir Mike about that. And he allowed 2-3 persons per IP. But, of course there are conditions. Well, Me and my cousin sharing one ip address. He is not Vip and I am vip. I think Right now, the game is great. Although, little issues may need to be fixed. And 9000 is a lot. ^_^

(Sorry for my bad English) hehehe

my friends are all old. they laugh when they find out you READ the fights. hell, they usually laugh when you mention a computer. it sometimes just blows my mind that a handful of my friends still don't own a cellphone.

Hell, my friends are all graphic-oriented as well. It's not game when there's no graphic. Not to mention most are just MMORPG freak with no intention to play other game.

It's 3 months after the big christmas rush where we get an extra thousand or so people joining. Inactive accounts are deleted after 3 months. No biggie. After I deleted a load of multis in multigate we went from 11,000 to 6,500 so ~9000 is pretty normal. No need to panic.

And we'll have a VIP trial thing in place in the next few months. I'm working on the fight engine and then training first.

Well if the boss is happy with the numbers just now I guess the rest of us should be as well. As long as he is getting enough from what he is putting in and this game continues I will be here buying my VIP. I get slagged off by friends and family about my sad addiction to it but it is what it is. To think that I accidentally stumbled upon this site and now it's quite a chunk of my life, yeah ok it is a bit sad but thanks Mike :notworthy:

haha

at one time i was actually blamed by a handful of plebs that "you're the reason people are leaving the game"...fuckin idiots

Well to be fair they were probably your* multis that got deleted.

:fight3:

*please do not take this post seriously I have no proof what so ever he has a multi account.

To think that I accidentally stumbled upon this site and now it's quite a chunk of my life, yeah ok it is a bit sad but thanks Mike :notworthy:

Me too, I was actually looking for a wrestling browser game and stumbled upon this epic piece of godwork and damn, this godwork sure hooked me up.

• Upvote 1

I've never had VIP but I am absolutely hooked on this game just because I'm a big fan of MMA. I will definitely be getting VIP in the future. I know I'd have a better experience with the game.

The trial VIP would be a good way for new players to really enjoy this game. I'm going to bring up the ability to join alliances but not to create one or anything for Non-VIP members. Most people don't come onto the forums (hell, I didn't even come onto the forums until just recently) and so you'd have people to talk to or get to know which will really allow you to embrace this game. Someone stated before that the learning curve is very steep but once you do learn it, you don't want to leave. So I think the main issue is keeping people from leaving after their first match (if they lose). If you can find some way to keep them interested, then we'll slowly gain players (due to word of mouth).

i played as non-vip for around 3 months. i never read the wiki, there wasn't much info on the forums (back then) and i somehow won 3 qfc's in a row (in 10 days no less lol) with my guy in cozad set to "no training". i didn't even know there was an energy meter lol. i got signed to a bad deal at PRIDE FC in tokyo, took 2 losses (due to 0 energy) and was cut without warning or any contact by the org owner.

i coulda quit, prolly shoulda quit lol, but another org owner started messaging me, asking me if i been training, do i need help and that sort of stuff. he got me in a decent gym (and decent is being VERY generous lol), signed me to his org, told me to go to the noob forum and pretty much gave me the rundown on how to train. becuz of this guy, i bought vip.

once i got vip and saw the training assistant...i was hooked. i mean, i was in shitty gyms where pops maybe happened once every 3 or 4 days (5 in a class was considered good) and all of my guys sucked....STILL hooked.

i came to the forums and ended up buying a company for $1. the guy i bought the company from, asked me to join his alliance, which i did but it wasn't like the alliances i see, hear about and am currently in right now. there was virtually no communication between the majority of us. it was kind of a free for all. shortly after, i left...then joined another alliance that was free for all as an "alliance" goes but we all did a large amount of business with each other. this alliance experience was much better, but it fell thru and shortly after that, i joined one of the most organized alliances in the game. one of the best moves i've made so far.

alliances can hook a few people. if u go to chat and the forums and meet/befriend people tho, alliances aren't needed. i (as well as others) do a lot of business with people outside of our respective alliances. that's just how it is when u get to know people. the thing that will hook people (imo) is success...not a whole lot but getting some decent wins and a handful of money. one major part of that is training and that training assistant is the best part of this game. so good in fact, i catch myself chekn the sunuvabitch 5-6 times a day making sure i didn't miss anything lol (it used to be that bad but i've lightened up a lot lately).

seriously tho, most people fight on the weekends. if ur lucky, ur guys don't get on the same cycle and ALL of them fight on the SAME weekend (which is quite hectic lol)...so what keeps u logging in each day? what really hooks u? them goddamn pops, and where do u see them?...that's right.

I really think class sizes should be known to all. I don't see a need to give VIP an advantage that big.

The big deal breaker is assistant page. All the stuff I have to click through to find all the stuff out is really a waste of time. If there comes a time that I don't get VIP, I will definitely stop playing due to having to go through all that stuff. If paying is needed to make the game bearable, that really does seem like a problem when trying to attract new people. Seems odd that I have to tell people it becomes manageable if you pay in to it.

Edit: I would be happy with a dumbed down version of the assistant. Cut out the skill pops and summary. Of course the +,- don't need to be there either. And total sessions trained don't need to be there. Just the fighter information, supps, and training schedule.

I really think class sizes should be known to all. I don't see a need to give VIP an advantage that big.

The big deal breaker is assistant page. All the stuff I have to click through to find all the stuff out is really a waste of time. If there comes a time that I don't get VIP, I will definitely stop playing due to having to go through all that stuff. If paying is needed to make the game bearable, that really does seem like a problem when trying to attract new people. Seems odd that I have to tell people it becomes manageable if you pay in to it.

so you don't want to pay?

don't pay for an xbox game = no games to play

don't pay rent = no home/shelter

don't pay for a car = you're walking or bumming rides

don't pay for food = starvation or digging thru garbage cans

i'm just sptiballing here but i'm pretty sure if you want something, you have to pay for it, even women.

i mean, you can steal stuff...but the consequences are a bit more harsh than just being respectable and paying for them.

obviously, this game isn't for everyone and i'm not trying to tell you what to do or like, but i find it hard to believe that you don't "get" the idea behind payment for service rendered. unless you're too young to understand that even tho YOU don't pay for anything, SOMEONE does...maybe it's your parents or grandparents or an older brother or sister. tv, water, food, communication, clothing...ALL get paid for in some way, shape or form.

Ok fine, let's go with j666 and do away with non vip. That should increase the amount of people playing here.

I am just trying to suggest something. What I posted is how I feel and how a couple of friends felt when they gave the game a look. I did not realizing having enjoyment in this game without paying for it would be on par with stealing.

Having 4 fighters I would have to open 9 pages to get all the information from the summary. I guess less if my fighters are in the same gym. I bought 5 extra slots. So I guess that could be bumped to 19 pages minus pages for the ones in the same gym. It just gets a bit tedious.

I am glad you brought TV up as a rendered service. I am already paying for everything on this that tv requires to watch without paying for VIP. But yes, I do pay for VIP on my TV to get the premium services.

BTW, before I read your message I did add the assistant should be dumbed down a bit. I just think training schedule, fighter information and the supp they use should be on the one page.

When I say it should be dumbed down, I mean it should be dumbed down for the non vip. The vip should get to keep their current information. The class size isn't really an important thing for me, but I feel it does give a big advantage that isn't really needed.

Ok fine, let's go with j666 and do away with non vip. That should increase the amount of people playing here.

I am just trying to suggest something. What I posted is how I feel and how a couple of friends felt when they gave the game a look. I did not realizing having enjoyment in this game without paying for it would be on par with stealing.

Having 4 fighters I would have to open 9 pages to get all the information from the summary. I guess less if my fighters are in the same gym. I bought 5 extra slots. So I guess that could be bumped to 19 pages minus pages for the ones in the same gym. It just gets a bit tedious.

I am glad you brought TV up as a rendered service. I am already paying for everything on this that tv requires to watch without paying for VIP. But yes, I do pay for VIP on my TV to get the premium services.

BTW, before I read your message I did add the assistant should be dumbed down a bit. I just think training schedule, fighter information and the supp they use should be on the one page.

do away with non-vip - i never said that. i will say that there are things that are free but they usually of a lower quality than things that are paid for. u know, free tv sucks compared to cable or premium channels like hbo and showtime. one could get free food at a bread line or homeless place but it isn't as good as going to an actual restaurant. one could get free shelter at a homeless shelter but most would rather pay the rent or buy a house cuz it's just better. one could get around town by calling their friends for rides or walking but it's nice to drive a car. blah, blah, blah...

non-vips are stealing - i never said that either. i said that an alternative to buying, is stealing. not THE alternative, AN alternative. see the difference there? non-vips aren't stealing from the game, they're just playing a free VERSION of the game. now, since we already covered that most services require some form of payment and while some things are free but they suck...how do you figure someone should get something for free that's the same quality as the thing that others pay for? i don't get that.

maybe one day, UNICEF will get into the MMORPG game and start a game for all those that don't want to pay for it...but until then, this is a business and you should feel lucky that there even is a free version of the game. maybe you can call up xbox and tell them that their demos should be the same as the regular version that everyone else has paid for...see how that goes.

dumbing down the assistant - why would anyone want that? how about instead of dumbing things down, everyone get a bit smarter? raise the level, not lower it. if the game's too hard for you and not enjoyable, why play? i'm not trying to get you to quit, i want you to stay and be active (vip or non-vip) but i wouldn't play a game that i wasn't enjoying. i don't get that. i have vip and i LOVE the training assistant. i have 15 fighters (14 currently cuz i recently sacked a fighter) and i open 1 window, maybe 2 or 3 at most if i'm changing gyms. why do you need to open 9 windows? cuz you won't pay to make it easier/better. that's not my fault, it's yours.

one thing i DO get is this: i played the game as non-vip for 3 months. i REFUSED to pay for an online game since i had never played one before. i'm 37, the idea of continuously paying for a game bothered me. then i realized i pay $60 for an xbox game, that ends and when the new one comes out, i have to pay ANOTHER $60 just to continue it. here, i pay $30 for 1 YEAR and it never ends.

i ended up buying vip solely becuz i wanted to have more fun playing the game and that required more wins with more fighters. a lot of that has to do with training and money, which back then, required a business of some sort, which required vip.

it never once crossed my mind that i should be able to acquire the same tools to make that happen for free. why would you even have a vip mode if everything was the same? it SHOULD be better, that's why you pay for it. maybe that's an old school way of thinking?

do away with non-vip - i never said that. i will say that there are things that are free but they usually of a lower quality than things that are paid for. u know, free tv sucks compared to cable or premium channels like hbo and showtime. one could get free food at a bread line or homeless place but it isn't as good as going to an actual restaurant. one could get free shelter at a homeless shelter but most would rather pay the rent or buy a house cuz it's just better. one could get around town by calling their friends for rides or walking but it's nice to drive a car. blah, blah, blah...

non-vips are stealing - i never said that either. i said that an alternative to buying, is stealing. not THE alternative, AN alternative. see the difference there? non-vips aren't stealing from the game, they're just playing a free VERSION of the game. now, since we already covered that most services require some form of payment and while some things are free but they suck...how do you figure someone should get something for free that's the same quality as the thing that others pay for? i don't get that.

maybe one day, UNICEF will get into the MMORPG game and start a game for all those that don't want to pay for it...but until then, this is a business and you should feel lucky that there even is a free version of the game. maybe you can call up xbox and tell them that their demos should be the same as the regular version that everyone else has paid for...see how that goes.

dumbing down the assistant - why would anyone want that? how about instead of dumbing things down, everyone get a bit smarter? raise the level, not lower it. if the game's too hard for you and not enjoyable, why play? i'm not trying to get you to quit, i want you to stay and be active (vip or non-vip) but i wouldn't play a game that i wasn't enjoying. i don't get that. i have vip and i LOVE the training assistant. i have 15 fighters (14 currently cuz i recently sacked a fighter) and i open 1 window, maybe 2 or 3 at most if i'm changing gyms. why do you need to open 9 windows? cuz you won't pay to make it easier/better. that's not my fault, it's yours.

one thing i DO get is this: i played the game as non-vip for 3 months. i REFUSED to pay for an online game since i had never played one before. i'm 37, the idea of continuously paying for a game bothered me. then i realized i pay $60 for an xbox game, that ends and when the new one comes out, i have to pay ANOTHER $60 just to continue it. here, i pay $30 for 1 YEAR and it never ends.

i ended up buying vip solely becuz i wanted to have more fun playing the game and that required more wins with more fighters. a lot of that has to do with training and money, which back then, required a business of some sort, which required vip.

it never once crossed my mind that i should be able to acquire the same tools to make that happen for free. why would you even have a vip mode if everything was the same? it SHOULD be better, that's why you pay for it. maybe that's an old school way of thinking?

I never said do away with paying for the game or getting everything for free. You put those words in my mouth. :) So I put it upon myself to accuse you of the opposite. I also never accused you of saying non vips were stealing. I accused you of likening them to theives, which you did.

Paying for a game is not an issue with me. I have been paying to play online games for the last decade. I probably will continue paying for this game. I just feel if a time comes I will no longer continue to play because it is needlessly tedious for people who aren't paying. There are a lot of other perks for paying to play. If just to have a business was the only perk I would keep vip just for that (please don't take my other 6 slots, I still plan on using those.)

With its current setup it just seems a difficult sell to get more new people. Ever hear of "you catch more flies with honey?" These are just suggestions to attract people. The more people you get the more potential VIP you have.

Why do you keep bringing up old school way of thinking? It makes me get all defensive. You yourself said you stumbled on this old way of thinking recently. :) It just reminded me of when I got to my Marine unit in Okinawa. Some guy kept telling me how lucky I am to not have been there when he first got there. I later found out the difference was only 2 months.

I also edited my last post after you started responding. I wanted to clear it up as dumbed down as in not offer as many features as the VIP one. Not make it easier for people to understand. This isn't a thing about someone being smart or dumb. All the tabbing back and forth just takes a lot longer.

On the subject of TV. I find most shows to watch are on basic TV. Only show I watch on cable is Red Eye on FNC. I do live next to a major city so tv reception is good. And I have to admit, any time other than prime time is lacking on regular tv. But the cable channels are the same except beefed up lacking shows.

I will try to refrain from making edits after I post this.

I think new VIP members are at such a HUGE advantage these days. Just look at how many company groups are looking for VIP managers without a company. These new managers can have a successful company built for them, become part of a strong team, and basically have a great start to their game playing experience.

I never said do away with paying for the game or getting everything for free. You put those words in my mouth. :) So I put it upon myself to accuse you of the opposite. I also never accused you of saying non vips were stealing. I accused you of likening them to theives, which you did.

Paying for a game is not an issue with me. I have been paying to play online games for the last decade. I probably will continue paying for this game. I just feel if a time comes I will no longer continue to play because it is needlessly tedious for people who aren't paying. There are a lot of other perks for paying to play. If just to have a business was the only perk I would keep vip just for that (please don't take my other 6 slots, I still plan on using those.)

With its current setup it just seems a difficult sell to get more new people. Ever hear of "you catch more flies with honey?" These are just suggestions to attract people. The more people you get the more potential VIP you have.

Why do you keep bringing up old school way of thinking? It makes me get all defensive. You yourself said you stumbled on this old way of thinking recently. :) It just reminded me of when I got to my Marine unit in Okinawa. Some guy kept telling me how lucky I am to not have been there when he first got there. I later found out the difference was only 2 months.

I also edited my last post after you started responding. I wanted to clear it up as dumbed down as in not offer as many features as the VIP one. Not make it easier for people to understand. This isn't a thing about someone being smart or dumb. All the tabbing back and forth just takes a lot longer.

On the subject of TV. I find most shows to watch are on basic TV. Only show I watch on cable is Red Eye on FNC. I do live next to a major city so tv reception is good. And I have to admit, any time other than prime time is lacking on regular tv. But the cable channels are the same except beefed up lacking shows.

I will try to refrain from making edits after I post this.

i'm so confused right now. i now have no idea what you are saying. hell, i didn't even know that u were vip cuz the other posts seemed like u weren't. i'll never say i know more than someone that got here before OR after i did solely based on when we joined. length of stay has nothing to do with the knowledge received which is proven by some of the dumbasses i know (in real life) that are much older than i am lol.

SO!

disregard anything i said since i apparently had no clue what exactly u were saying or what was going on. i'm not gonna go back and try and read it again and decipher anything. that would take too long lol. no hard feelings (on my end) and...carry on.

Just to simplify it. I think non vip should get an assistant like screen. Just fighter information, supp type they are currently using, and training schedule. Wouldn't completely make it so people wouldn't buy supp, but it would make managing fighters less tedious (less screens to browse through).

You are right that people who pay should get something, but I think they do get quite a bit. Fighter empirical data is definitely nifty, but I think I might be asking too much already. To figure out that information themselves would be painstaking.

I am starting to see a trend of people not understanding me, so this is definitely my failing. Not yours.

I like this idea

you get 1 month of VIP like play, with your non VIP number of fighters. Then you get 2 months to play non VIP if you want, then you have to pay or quit. This game is cheap as fuck. I pay more to go out for a few beers and an appetizer than this game costs for a whole year. Mike isn't getting rich off of this, but the more he brings in the more gets done to the game, a win win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would just like to say that I lost track of what was going on in this thread due to my complete and utter lack of interest in reading an entire book someone posted as a "comment".

Lol, some of ya'll must have had to take a couple of coffee breaks in the middle of those posts. I didn't want to waste what's left of my youth reading them. :wheelchair:

I would just like to say that I lost track of what was going on in this thread due to my complete and utter lack of interest in reading an entire book someone posted as a "comment".

Lol, some of ya'll must have had to take a couple of coffee breaks in the middle of those posts. I didn't want to waste what's left of my youth reading them. :wheelchair:

you better get with the times junior. no one talks anymore...it's all text these days. at least the majority of the posts that are here are spelled better than the majority of the text messages you would get on your phone from your sweet honeydilly...if you have one.

btw, if you think that was a book, maybe you should go read a real book and get some perspective...whippersnapper. lol.

OH WAIT! no one speaks cuz they all text, but no one reads cuz they all watch netflix...kind of a sick and twisted little paradox we've created for ourselves huh?