Hilo Bay Brawls

-- Hilo Bay Brawls 1 - Horizon of the Bay Preview --

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1300916411hbb1.jpg

Stephen Hawkings vs Anders Fenris

Hilo Bay Brawls breaks into the MMA scene, presenting a quality main event fight between the dangerous Stephen "The Chair" Hawkings and the grappling star Anders "The Magician" Fenris. A 12cm height advantage goes to Fenris, who probably has minimal intentions of standing toe to toe with his opponent. In his last fight, which also happened to be his first, he dominated the entire contest. He managed to land a large portion of his strikes on the ground, while continuously hunting for the submission in a relentless manner. Hawkings who is 5-1 in mma has a history of being a sprawl and brawl fighter with knockout capabilities. His wrestling is on par and he has a significant advantage in all realms of the striking department. Expect him to employ sprawl and brawl tactics throughout the bout while trying to expose the stand up of his foe. A classic matchup of striker vs grappler and whoever can take the fight into their realm and keep it there will taste victory.

Michael Bisping vs john do

Co-headlining this fabulous debut event are middleweights Michael Bisping and john do who are evenly matched and ready to put on a show. Both warriors have adequate striking skills but prefer the ground game, each holds an armbar victory under their belt. John Do has a purple belt in BJJ and on paper he has a slight advantage when the fight hits the canvas. He is an extremelly determined athlete which is a great asset. He also has a 10cm height advantage over his opponent which might come into play while they trade submission attempts. Bisping might decide to try and avoid the ground game of Do and use his boxing skills to score points and claim a decision win. Quite an even matchup but if I were a betting man I would give the nod to Do via decision, his chin is rumored to be filled with metal plates.

Paul Ernst vs Antonio Alvaro

The middleweight action continues as experienced grappler Antonio "Andre" Alvaro takes on stand up warrior Paul Ernst. Alvaro has only had one MMA bout in his career, emerging the victor via triangle choke after a grueling war. His spirit and his skills were put to the test and he gained a lot of confidence fighting on the ground. His opponent, Paul Ernst has limited jiu jitsu training but has Muay Thai skills to be feared. It won't be much of a surprise if we see him throwing crazy knees and kicks, or if we see him tapping out swiftly if he ends up on the ground.

Urk Monavon vs Kyle McDougall

Urk Monavon makes a fresh start to MMA as he makes his debut and is scheduled to face the more experienced Kyle McDougall. Both fighters are very tall, and the longer the limbs the easier they are for hitting and for submitting! At least as far as I'm concerned. Anyways, McDougall is a vicious boxer who is coming off a nasty KO finish and he would love nothing more than to plant his fists on the chin of Monavon and hand him a loss in his first MMA bout. My scouts inform me that Monavon is training with some sharp BJJ aces. He will need to be unpredictable to obtain victory.

Rawh Poherduex vs Hon The Ninja

The HBB gives more new fighters opportunities as Hon the Ninja also makes his MMA debut against Rawh "Lights Out" Poherduex who is coming off of 2 defeats and needs a win to re align his career. There isn't much information about the Ninja, although we do know he is a short stalky fighter compared to Poherduex. 23cm seperates the 2 men and Poherduex is coming in the much larger and heavier fighter. The ninja needs to be swift and speedy, and make his opponent look slugish. His best chance of winning is being unpredictable and letting it all hang out.

BJ Penn vs John Driscoll

Middleweight action is in abundance tonight, and continuing the action is BJ Penn as he squares off against John Driscoll. Both guys are quite inexperienced and Penn has the only fight between them - Driscoll is set to make his debut. He has a well rounded arsenal and needs to be aggressive to taste victory. Penn has the boxing advantage so he might be looking for the knockout. Both men are evenly matched on the ground, holding a blue belt in BJJ.

Satoaki Kasahara vs Remmie Hines

Remmie Hines and Satoaki Kasahara both enter the realm of MMA and make their debuts with the HBB at light heavyweight. Kasahara is a young a hungry Muay Thai fighter with some boxing skills. He is fighting a slightly taller boxer Remmie Hines who will be hunting for a KO victory and to claim dominance over his youth counterpart. I predict a decision victory for Hines, unless Kasahara has a legitimate answer for the youngster.

Bob Bear vs Jia Le Li

The formidable Bob Bear welcomes Jia Le Li to MMA as he makes his professional debut. Li is the younger fighter who has a lot of unknown factors coming into his first bout. He has to calm his nerves in order to conquer his opponent who has more experience than him. Bear is most skilled in boxing but is capable of other offensive attacks. He has dropped his last 3 bouts and will be needing a Win to accellerate his career. Li will probably try to sprawl and brawl and look for a KO.

Hank Olson vs Raheem Murphy

Pure wrestling sensation Hank Olson continues to look for success in MMA as he is set to face the more skilled and experienced stand up fighter, Raheem Murphy. A noticable weight and height advantage goes to Murphy, which might prove to be a large factor in the fight. There is no secret as to what a world class wrestler is planning on doing to you. Olson is a particularly dangerous wrestler because he has begun to incorporate strikes into his gameplan. In his sole victory on his record, he delivered an astounding 75 grounded strikes to his opponent.

Hello everybody, I am Ed Winchester, once again reporting to you, live, from beuatiful Hilo, Hawaii. As you all know by now, the first main event of Hilo Bay Brawls is coming up on the 3rd of April and therefore we will be taking a special look at the main event of the evening. The fighters testing the skills of each other are Stephen Hawkings and Anders Fenris. Hawkings has a professional record of 5 wins and 1 loss, Fenris so far has one fight as a pro, ending in victory. We have been trying hard to reach both fighters, to give you their thoughts and comments, and today we are glad to give you this special interview with Anders Fenris.

- Anders, how does it feel to be part of HBB and also tell us how you feel about being part of their first main event ever?

- It feels great, Ed, it´s an honor to be part of both the HBB and the first events main fight. This will definitely be the fight of the night.

- You are fighting an experienced opponent in Stephen Hawkings, what are your thoughts about the fight?

- Well, he has a lot more experience, but you know Ed, experience does not always win the fight. Lately we have seen experienced fighters being dominated. One example was the fight between Jones and Shogun,or Fedor against Antonio Silva. You can expect a great fight.

- Anders, you certainly have a valid point in stating that experience does not guarantee victory in the octagon. What are your strengths going into this fight?

- Definitely the ground game. I can submit him in any position on the ground.

- One final question before ending this interview. Do you have any last words for our listeners and anything you would like to say to your opponent?

- Hey baby, when the fighting starts you will have no where to run. I´m gonna get you down, I´ll punch you in the face and I´ll get your arm or break your neck. You listeners can expect a great fight, worthy of fight of the night. And besides fight of the night, I´ll win the submission of the night. When the referee finishes the fight, it will be my arm raised in victory.

Bold words from a promising talent, we certainly wish Anders Fenris the best of luck against Hawkings and we all hope to see you at HBB 1 on the 3rd of April. Until next time, this is me, Ed Winchester, ending my report for today.

• 2 weeks later...

A very good evening to each and everyone! It´s once again that time of the week, when we will be taking a closer look at this weekends main event, with me, Ed Winchester, as your host.

The fighters chosen to battle it out in the main event are Benjamin "Eddie" Kreeg versus Freddy "the Nightmare" Krueger. Kreeg has a professional record of 3 wins and 3 losses against Kruegers 4 victorious fights. Kreeg has some good boxing and wrestling skills, plus a purple belt in BJJ. Krueger brings to the octagon decent skills in boxing and muay thai, but his strength lies in his strong wrestling background. We managed to catch up with Benjamin Kreeg for a few short comments yesterday, so without further delay, let´s see what he had to say.

- Benjamin Kreeg, you are fighting against the undefeated Freddy Krueger, who´s a strong wrestler and a decent stand up fighter. What are your thoughts on the upcoming fight?

- Freddy is a great guy and excellent fighter, it´s a pleasure to fight against him.

- You have been awarded two submissions of the night, so obviously the ground game could be considered your strength. Is this perhaps the strategy to use against Krueger?

- Ed, I think I just might be mixing things up this time.

- What are your plans for the future, Benjamin, what needs to improve for you to be one of the greats in HBB?

- I believe I have to improve in all areas to be able to achieve greatness. It´s after all important to be an allround fighter these days.

- Do you have any comments for the fans and for your opponent?

- Sure do, Ed. I would like to thank the fans for supporting me and this is to Freddy; let´s give a hell of a show for the fans!

- Thank you very much for taking the time to speak to us Benjamin and the best of luck this weekend.

Benjamin seems like a genuinly nice guy, let us hope he can bring a whole other attitude with him into the octagon as he faces, what promises to be, the toughest test so far in his career. Until next time, this is me, Ed Winchester, finishing my report from Hilo, Hawaii.

Hilo Bay Brawls: Contenders Main Card Preview

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5751/hbb2.jpg

Chris James v.s Buck Rogers - Heavyweight

The main card kicks in to action with a bout in the Heavyweight division as newcomer Chris James takes on fellow newcomer Buck Rogers. Although this will be the debut for both fighters fighting for this promotion, they both have one fight a piece prior to joining Hilo Bay Brawls - and that fight was against eachother, so this will be a rematch for the two heavyweights. In their previous fight Rogers managed to submit James early in the first round but James was left feeling he had more to show then that, this is his time to prove it. There are reports that James has been training like a warrior for this fight, to the point where he as over trained and is looking out of energy as the fight approaches.

Prediction - You have to go with Rogers here to repeat his victory over James, especilly with the reports of James killing himself in the gym. Look for another early submision from Rogers.

Eyehate Condoms v.s Steve Jones - Middleweight

This fight will see two relatively experinced fighters lock horns. Condoms holds a record of 5-2 and is a sprawl and brawl fighter who looks to take advantage of his boxing skills. Across the cage will be 6-6 Steve Jones who likes to play the "I will beat you anywhere" game as he has decent stand up and is a dangreous grappler who holds a brown belt in BJJ. Both fighters look set to make weight, although Jones looks to be the much bigger at the weight.

Prediction - This match up looks to be in favor of Condoms, who should hold a wrestling advantage over Jones which should allow him to keep this fight where he wants it (on the feet) and put his striking to use.

Kristijan Golubovic v.s Antonio Ellision - Heavyweight

Clash of styles here as striker Golubovic takes on the all-rounder Ellision. Golubovic has made a fine start to his MMA career with 2 knock out victories in as many fights, however he will take on the vastly more experinced Ellision who holds a record of 6-2. Ellision should be looking to use his experince and get this one to the ground as quick as possible as he doesn't look to have the stand up credintials (or KO power) of Golubvic.

Prediction - Although less experinced, Golubovic looks more well schooled and should be able to keep this one standing and gain another KO victory.

Nicky Santoro v.s Pedro Flikflak - Heavyweight: Co - Main Event

We have a special treat for you in the Co - Main Event as ground and pound ace Santoro takes on grappling stud Flikflak in a true battle of styles. Santoro (4-2) has relentless ground and pound that has knocked out his opponents early on for all four of his victories, both his losses have come by (T)KO aswell so this fighter is always one to watch. Flikflak (5-3) likes to fight on the ground also, however he goes a completely different way about it and looks to either choke you out or take one of your limbs home with him, he has submitted his opponent four times during his five victories. This fight is a fascinating clash of styles for sure and has a lot of fans talking about which style will come out on top.

Prediciton - This fight is too close to call either way, it may come down to who has the right gameplan coming in.

Benjamin Breeg v.s Freddy Krueger - Light Heavyweight: Main Event

Main Event time and it will see the fan favorite Benjamin Breeg (3-3) go to battle with hot prospect Freddy Krueger (4-0). While Breeg is a well rounded fighter, all of his victories have come by way of submission in the very first round, with all three of his losses also ending in the first round, that is six fights with six first round stoppage which will explain itself when people ask why he is a fan favortie. Staning across the cage from Breeg will be a huge challenge, he will be looking at the man who has had not only four fights, not only four victories, not only four KO victories, not only four first round KO victories, but four first MINUTE KO victories, his longest fight was 47 seconds.. Yet people have the nerve to say he only has medicore boxing and muay thai. All in all that means the two fighters in the main event have had ten fights between them which have ALL ended in the first round, this main event has got everyone buzzing and it really isn't any wonder why.

Prediction - The only prediciton that would seem to be certain here is a first round stoppage either way, this fight may come down to who can decide where the fight takes place, so you have to give the slight advantage to the hot prospect Freddy Krueger to improve to 5-0.

That raps up the preview for this awesome event, thanks to all fighters and I look forward to handing out the bonus's after the event!

See you at the Bay.

Hilo Bay Brawls: Sucker Punch Main Card Preview

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8837/hbb3.jpg

Mc Bootysweats v.s Sugen Nagi - Bantamweight

We start off the main card with a fight between these two 135lb novices, it will see Mc Bootysweats who has a 1-0 record take on 0-1 Sugen Nagi. Bootysweats is the more well rounded fighter where as Nagi is more single minded in his approach, he looks to get the fight to the floor and use his grappling skills. Bootysweats will be looking to keep the fight standing if he has any sense, however there is a rumor going around that Bootysweats is in terrible shape for this up coming fight, if this is true it could be a long night for the undefeated fighter.

Prediction - My money is on the fighter with the losing record here, I tend to believe the reports of Bootysweats being in terrible shape entering this contest and I expect Nagi to stop him with a sub in round two.

Marek Kolec v.s Tom Riley - Super Heavyweight

Next up are two massive fighters who will both be weighing around the 300lb mark come fight night. Undefeated up and comer Marek Kolec (1-0) takes on the more experinced Riley (1-2). Both guys like to get the fight to the ground but tend to go about doing so in different ways, Riley is more of a straight up wrestler where as Koleck can set up his takedowns with strikes a little better. Both men willl be looking for the win come fight time however we have yet another rumor that these two fighters are not in great shape coming in to the fight, it is said they have actually been out partying together for the lead up to this fight and main training has been getting in to bar fights together. This will be a brawl for sure.

Prediction - I have no idea what way this one will go, maybe whoever gets punched in their beer belly first.

Kendric Dalton v.s Brandon Johnson - Heavyweight

Two more experinced fighters will enter the cage next as impressive 5-2 Dalton takes on the less impressive record of 1-5 held by Johnson. On paper this fight looks very close in petty much every aspect of the fight, however past fights will tell us that Dalton is the more affective fighter with all five of his wins coming by stoppage and the two defeats going to decision. Johnson is game though to say the least and will be looking at getting a big cap here.

Prediction - I like Dalton to get the better of this fight, slowly wearing his foe down on the floor before before he makes it 6 sumission victories in as many wins.

Seamus Quackenbush v.s Denis DeYoung - Heavyweight: CO - MAIN EVENT

The Co-Main event will see another Heavyweight bout as two undefeated novices face off in a 'somebodies 0 has got to go fight'. Quackenbush is a very skilled Muay Thai fighter who has displayed very accurate strikes, he also has learnt decent wrestling that helps him keep the fight on the feet, which he may need to put to use as he the more talented grappler Johnson, this fight could well turn in to a grappler v striker match up and with both guys wrestling being of about the same level, it looks to be an interesting match up that has got some good debates going between fans. Worth noting that DeYoung has been dealing with a slight sickness as this fight approches so lets hope he can rest up and comie in close to 100%

Prediction - Quackenbrush seems the more well skilled fighter overall and with DeYoung suffering a slight illness, I like quackenbush to move on up the ranks and progress to 2-0

Dominick Napolitano v.s Jon Kreg - Lightweight: MAIN EVENT

Main Event time and we have two exciting prospects in the 155lb lightweight division do battle as 3-1 Napolitano takes on (also 3-1) Kreg. Napolitano is a wonderful boxer who has decent wrestling and grappling ability that he uses for defense, standing across the cage from him will be vicious ground and pound machine Kreg who uses his very good wrestling base to supplement his ground and pound game. Kreg is on a three fight win streak right now, having finished all three guys through his ground and pound. Napolitano has shown good takedown defense through his career up till this fight but you have to wonder if Kreg is on a different skill level to anything Napolitano has faced before. Napolitano has shown in the past he can finish fights very quickly indeed though, having scored two KO victories in the first 30 seconds of fights, this may be his best chance against the wrestling stand out - to catch him early and quickly as the wrestler comes in. This fight has got everyone talking though and makes for a very interesting fight between the two different styles.

Predicion - Although Jon Kreg can not hang with Napolitano on the feet, he looks as if he has been working more solidly on what he needs to win fights, and that is what I see him doing here as he wears down Napoltiano for another ground and pound stoppage win.

We all look forward to the fights here at Hilo Bay Brawls and look forward to continue our climb up the rankings, fighters and organization alike.

A warm welcome once again to each and everyone of you fight fans out there. It´s once again time for me, Ed Winchester, to bring you the latest from behind the scenes here at Hilo Bay Brawls. On saturday the 16th of April, we have an interesting card coming our way and today we will have a brief chat with Dominick Napolitano, the favorite of the evenings main event. But before we turn our attention to Napolitano, I am happy to announce that Hilo Bay Brawls now has a private gym available to org members only. It´s called Hilo Bay Bodyworks and the first double elite coach has already been signed. Our sources at Bodyworks also reveal that as soon as more people sign up, more elite coaches will be added as soon as possible. But now let´s turn our attention to Dominick Napolitano.

- Dominick, how excited are you about your upcoming fight against Jon Kreg?

- Very excited... i was down in a hole after Hilowars went down and as i got the call from Mr. Travers i was really glad. A new beginning, new challenges... i wanted to be a part of it from the first second! You know... HBB has a solid, professional base right from the start and i want to be one of the fighters that's gonna carry the organisation on their backs. This is what i am here for. As my manager Roger "Verbal" Kint told me my fight against Kreg would be the Main Event, i was really hyped and i still am... this is a great chance for me and i am sure i can confirm HBB's trust in me. Jon is an excellent wrestler, but i've got the strenght to overcome this. But believe me, i worked very hard on my offensive groundgame and i am now able to finish fights there, too. Can't wait till the lights go out and Cash's "The man comes around" sounds from the speakers!

- You have been awarded with 1 fight of the night and 2 KO of the night during your short career, can we expect more of the same on the 16th of April?

- I am really confident... Dominick "Sonny Black" Napolitano comes to deliver... always! That's my nature as a fighter. And i can dictate a fight. In times where fighters get more and more hybrid, i may look one-dimensional, but papa got some brand new tools and i am sure i can suprise in other aspects of the game, too. But don't get me wrong, fans know what to expect... as a free man i take pride in the words: let's bang it out!

- You are a member of the International Fight Clan alliance, what does such support mean to you?

-The beauty of our sport we all love so much lies in its universality, MMA always means standing on the shoulder of giants - from all over the world. MMA is a melting pot itself. The IFC is about sharing the passion, connecting world-wide... and not about sharing funds, although we, of course, support each other. I've learned a lot there and i am thankfull to be a part of it. Some of our guys will of course visit Hilo for this event, maybe better buy some additional beer and vodka for our 2 crazy russians!

- Your thoughts on Hawaii in general as a place to earn a living as a Mixed Martial Artist?

- I'd lie if i say i don't miss the Big Apple sometimes... but Hilo is a beautiful place to live, has open-minded people... i felt home very soon after arriving here - which now is already some years ago. When it comes to MMA... whoa, Hilo is stacked! Blitz has earned their dominance, but foreigners overlook the wealth of possibilities we have here. "In the shadow of"... well, if so then on paper perhaps, but that is not how Hilo feels to me. The competition brings it all on the edge... great for athletes of course, but in some resorts company owners need to show more solidarity. Just visit some clothing shops in Hilo and some in Tokyo for example. Nuff said.

- Any final words for your opponent and to those about to watch you fight?

- Jon, thanks for taking the fight, i know you had some management issues going on. My respect. I'll be there reaching my hand when you regain consciousness. Hope to have the time to watch Benn vs. Moratti, both have shown some sick BJJ, love this matchup. Fans, be there again!

- Thank you Dominick, for sharing some of your thoughts with us. Best of luck on saturday!

HBB 4 - Fight Time Main Card Preview

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4467/hbb4.jpg

Now having two events per week starting from only our third show, shows just how fast we are growing :)

Michael Bisping v.s John Driscoll - Middleweight

First fight on the main card will see two well rounded novices meet in the center of the cage as 1-1 Bisping takes on 1-0 Driscoll. Bisping looks to have a very even set of skills wherever the fight goes, however he has shown in his two fight so far that he likes to go for the takedown and go to work on the ground, much like his opponent Driscoll who won his only contest by taking his opponent down and landing some nice ground and pound. So both fighters have favored the ground game so far but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they choose to test out eachothers stand up game in this fight.

Prediction - This is a hard fight to call, but I'm going to just edge with Bisping as he seems to have a few more years under his belt in the sport.

Paulie Mcghee v.s Chris Coleiro - Light Heavyweight

Next up we have a fight between two very skilled fighters for you as Mcghee (3-1) takes on Coleiro (4-2). Without doubt two of the more skilled fighters in the 205 division both have high skills wherever the fight may go, however Mcghees main strength tends to be his Muay Thai which he uses in good effect at distance and in the clinch. Coleiro has very good hands with nice power aswell and also holds a wrestling advantage over Mcghee, if he chooses to put it to use.

Prediction - I see this as Mcghees clinch game against Coleiros hands, so the fight will be decided on if the fight is in the clinch or at distance, I'm going to go with Coleiro in this one.

Lemme Kolk v.s JJ Sarm - Light Heavyweight

As the card moves onwards we have two fighters looking to climb the ranks in the Light Heavyweight division with skilled grappler Kolk (1-0) Fighting the all rounder Sarm (1-1). Kolk made easy work of his victim last time out for his debut fight as he submitted him early in the first round after being taken down, which may sense trouble for Sarm who seems to like to go for the takedown - this may not be a good move as he faces the more talented grappler in Kolk.

Prediction - Smart money is on Kolk here as he looks to have the tools to get past Sarm and move his record on to 2-0.

Eric Carsena v.s Keisuke Honda - Heavyweight Co Main Event

The Co - Main event features wrestling stand out Carsena (0-1) face the promising talent Honda (4-1). This may look an easy match up for Honda by just looking at the records, but if you take a closer look you will notice Honda likes to do the majority of his work on the floor where he uses his ground 'n' pound and grappling skills, this may prove to be a very tough game plan against strong wrestler Carsena. Carsena entered MMA as a pure wrestler but has been working hard on his stand up which has improved him to somehwhat of a sprawl and brawl fighter. Now Honda is not known for his stand up so if this fight indeed does stay standing, it may prove to be a much closer fight then people are expecting!

Prediction - Although an even fight on the feet, you have to give a slight advantage to Honda as if the fight does end up on the ground, he should have a solid advantage in that aspect of the fight.

Stephan Hawkings v.s Frank Carwin - Heavyweight MAIN EVENT

Main event will see two promosing fighters in the Heavyweight division go to war as active fighter Stephan Hawkings (6-1) takes on skilled boxer Frank Carwin (1-0). Hawkings is another one of these fighters who entered MMA as a wrestler, however he has progressed greatly through the ranks as he improved his stand up game which has seen him win 6 of his 7 fights in which he has shown off his striking ability, be it punching or kicking, he mixes up his strikes very well indeed. Frank Carwin is somewhat of the opposite, he entered MMA as a boxer who has been working on his takedown defense. This makes for a very interesting test for the more experinced Hawkings as it will put his newly developed striking to test againt a fighter who appears to have a better skillset then himself in that department, which asks the qurestion.. Will Hawkings go back to his routes and try and take Carwind down? This may be a smart move to test how far Carwins takedown defense has come.

Prediciton - Although it looks a bad match up for Hawkings stylewise, you have to think his experince may be enough to see off the threat that is Carwin.

That's it for the preview, see you next week!

Dominick Napolitano v.s Jon Kreg - Lightweight: MAIN EVENT

Predicion - Although Jon Kreg can not hang with Napolitano on the feet, he looks as if he has been working more solidly on what he needs to win fights, and that is what I see him doing here as he wears down Napoltiano for another ground and pound stoppage win.

I hold against that, hehe, 2x "KAISER - Winning" for every fighter on the card if Kreg wins. :)

Well the previews are pretty much based of priamary skills and past fights, but if I look a little deeper then maybe I'd change my mind haha, we will see :D

HBB 5 - Glory: Main Card Preview

http://i52.tinypic.com/mmx1er.jpg

Kyle Mcdougall v. Rawh Poherduex - Light Heavyweight

Mcdougall and Poherdeux get the card underway in a battle of stand up fighters. Both have had mixed results so far in their career with Mcdougall entering the fight with a 3-2 record while Poherduex has a record of 2-2, so both will be looking to get on a winning run and climb the ranks. It looks a close battle with both having good boxing skills with nice power also.

Prediction - I'm going to go with Mcdougall who I believe has slightly more to his game then Poherduex.

Buck Rogers v.s Hunks Jucci - Heavyweight

This Heavyweight bout will see skilled grappling prospect Buck Rogers (2-0) face dangerous striker Hunks Jucci (1-1). Rogers has made a good start to his MMA career picking up two 1st minute submission victories. Jucci on the other hand looks to be pretty much just a boxer who is working on the rest of his game, this is certainly a striker v grappler match up.

Prediction - This fight will come down to who can control where it takes place, so Rogers is the smart pick here. with Jucci having a punchers chance.

John Do v.s Paul Ernst - Middlweight Title Fight

Next up is a battle of two promosing prospects in the Middleweight division with the added bonus of fighting for the HBB belt. John Do holds a perfect record of 3-0, he mainly looks to get the fight to the floor but has some skills in the stand up aswell, although he won't be trying his stand up skills for long in this fight as he faces Muay Thai fighter Paul Ernst who holds a record of 4-1, Ernst likes to go in to the clinch where he uses the thai plum to good effect.

Prediction - This is a hard one to call but I'm going with Ernst to keep the fight in the clinch and win it from there.

Chris Bright v.s Czarna Wolinska - Heavyweight: Co Main Event

Two undefeated fan favorites will got to work here in a battle of the undefeated prospects, Chris Bright who is a talented grappler made short work of his oppoenent in his debut fight by submitting him early in the first round and looks to carry that form onwards as he faces the also undefeated Wolinska who seems to have skills wherever the fight may end up, he has one win by submission and one win by (T)KO which gives him a 2-0 record, he is also very small at the weight and could easily drop down to 205 if he wished to.

Prediction - Wolinska all round skills should be enough to keep Bright off guard here and get him the victory.

Grimly Fiendish v.s Ezio Castillo - Bantamweight Title Fight: Main Event

Main Event time and we have a very interesting match up for the Bantamweight title between up and coming Fiendish (4-1) and experinced Castillo (9-9). Fiendish is a high level wrestler and uses it to work his ground and pound and that's not pitty-patter ground and pound, it is vicious ground and pound that has stopped all four of his victims. Across the cage will be the battle hardend Castillo who has 18 fights under his belt, he has skills wherever the fight goes and holds a brown belt in BJJ. This makes for an interesting fight as Fiendishs normal style is to take oppoenets down and pound them out, but he might be eaten right into Castillos hands if he does that here, as it will be his blue belt v.s Castillos brown. The question is, will Fiendishs ground and pound even out the belt colours?

Prediciton - I have a feeling Fiendish might pull off somewhat of an upset here and take down the more experinced fighter to capture the HBB Bantamweight title.

That wraps up the interview, good luck to all fighters and go get them fight bonus's!!

HBB 6 - Bang 'em Out: Main Card Preview

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4103/hvb6.jpg

Satoaki Kasahara v.s Bob Bear - Heavyweight

The Main card kicks off with this Heavyweight bout between prospect Kasahara (1-0) and experinced fighter Bear(3-6). Kasahara is more single mided in his approach to fights and likes to stand up where he can use his nice Muay Thai skills, Bear is a little more unpredictable with his approach and mixes up all his skills but seems to favour trying to get the fight to the ground, which it looks like he should do here as he faces the more talented stand up fighter.

Prediction - Look for Kasahara to catch Bear standing and move on his record to 2-0.

Mark Bocek v.s Jeff Gailfus - Lightweight

In this fight, debut fighter Gailfus takes on up and coming Bocek (2-0). Bocek entered MMA with people thinking he was somewhat of a all round fighter who likes to mix it up, but two fights in to his career and it would seem his ground game is better then one first though, he has submitted both of his opponenets thus far. Gailfus is said to be somewhat of a sprawl and brawler and will be looking to get his career off to a good start by picking up the win here.

Prediction - Tough fight to call but I think Bocek will be able to take down Gailfus enough to make the difference in this fight.

Sergey Aleksandrovich v.s Hank Olson - Middleweight

This Middleweight battle will see two fighters looking to climb the ranks as stand up fighter Aleksadnrovich takes on the wrestling stud Olson. Aleksandrovich holds a record of 3-1 and likes to bully people in the clinch which he seems pretty good at, he will be taking on the wrestling stand out Olson (2-4) who has recieved criticism for relying on his wresting a little too much.

Prediction - I don't expect Aleksadnrvich to be able to stop the takedowns of Olson, but I fancy him to be able to defend himself enough on the floor to get back up to his feet and win the fight there.

Hugo Avila v.s Choke Out - Welterweight: Co Main Event

Two contenders will do battle in this Welterweight match up which is billed as the Co - Main Event. Avila (4-2) is a skilled grappler who holds a brown belt in BJJ and has submitted his opponents during all four of his victories, however his stand up game looks to have some holes in, not that he will have to worry about them in this fight as he fights pure grappler Choke Out, he did the opposite as most wreslters do and decided to focus on his ground game instead of picking up the all so commonn "wrestler turnt sprawl and brawler", he now also holds a brown belt in BJJ so it looks to be a close fight between the two fighters who would seem to have the same game plan in mind - Will one surprise us and try something different then to fall back on their base of grappling?

Prediction - Avila looks to be over training somewhat entering this fight, while Choke Out seems to be a little depressed after his last fight which he lost, so this fight looks to be very unpredictable, I'd go with Choke Out who should spend most of the time in top position when the fight hits the ground.

Rusty Cuntz v.s Jeremy Staton - Heavyweight title fight: MAIN EVENT

Big fight, Big guys, Big skills... Big main event title fight as Heavy handed striker Rusty Cuntz (8-1) takes the very well rounded and experinced Jeremy Staton (14-6). Rusty Cuntz career up to this point has pretty much been a highlight reel of him dishing out (T)KO's to his unfortunite victims, his one loss coming by losing a decision last July. Cuntz has very good hands but also throws the odd kick to keep things mixed up. Jeremy Staton is never out of the fight wherever it goes, as you'd expect from a guy who has had 20 fights, winning the majority of them, he has shown good hands, nice takedowns and nice grappling too through out his career, however, seeing as he is fighting a very talented stand up fighter his game plan might be a little easier to figure out then usual.. He should be looking to take Cuntz out of his comfort soon and take him down, this is a very interesting match up and probably the biggest fight up till this point for Hilo Bay Brawls.

Prediction - Very, very close fight to call. Cuntz has an advantage standing, while Staton has an advantage on the floor. Out of them two you would have to say Cuntz advantage is bigger then his foes advantage. However Staton holds a wrestling advantage which once again levels this fight out and impossible to predict. Bet on the draw!

HBB 7 - Beyond: Main Card Preview

Eli Teller v.s Sugen Nagi - Bantamweight

A contrast in styles to get the card started with the debut of wrestler Teller being matched up against grappler Nagi. Teller has been working on his stand up ahead of his debut fight to compliment his already very good wrestling, which he will need to use as he faces BJJ figher Nagi in a fight which may play out into a striker v.s grappler match up.

Prediction - I'm going with Nagi here as the more experinced fighter and looks to have a more dangerous set of skills

Denis DeYoung v.s Kristijan Golubovic - Heavyweight

Two up and comers will face off here in another fight that looks to take on the grappler v striker role. Golubovic will play the part of the striker and he has shown good power in his career up till this point, having got his first loss in his HBB debut last time out losing by way of submission. The grappler will be DeYoung who also lost his HBB debut last time out, so both will be looking to make sure they do not get back to back losses to start off their jounry in HBB.

Prediction - Golubovic at this stage in the twos careers looks to be a little more advanced so you'd have to make him the slight favorite here.

Jimmy Rabi v.s Lemme Kolk - Light Heavyweight

Next up is the undefeated hope Lemme Kolk (2-0) v.s debut fighter Jimmy Rabi. Kolk has shown this far that he favours the ground game where he puts his BJJ Purple belt to use, he may however lack the wretling to put new comer Rabi down to the mat to take advantage of his grappling, as Rabi looks to have the advantage in the wrestling department, so this looks to be an interesting test for Kolk as he may be forced to show us a bit more of his stand up game

Prediction - My guess is Kolk does at least enough to survive on the fight before the fight at some stage hits the floor where the difference in skill should shine through.

Antonio Ellison v.s Stanley Hammer - Heavyweight: Co Main Event

Two evenly matched well rounded fighters face off in the Heavyweight divsion here in the co - main event. Ellison is the much more experinced fighter with a record of 7-2 and usually likes to get the fight to the ground, however it has been reported that he has been spending most of this training camp in a depression unit battling his own demons, so he may be in no state of mind for an MMA fight.. his opponent Stanley Hammer will be looking to take advantage of this and build on his debut win which seen him win by KO in the first round. He should be looking to adapt the same game plan here and look to keep this fight standing.

Prediction - Ellisons depression looks to be quite serious so I'm going with Stanley Hammer. The fight shouldn't even be going ahead but we are short on active fighters so we will take anyone who is willing to step in the cage, depressed or not!

Roman Strupek v.s Allessandro Moretti - Welterweight title fight

The Welterweight title will be up for grabs in this main event where two very talented and promising fighters will meet in the center of the cage. In one corner will be silky smooth grappler figher Roman Strupek who has shown good wrestling which has abled him to get the fight where he needs it, which is on the ground, this game plan has worked very well thus far and has moved Strupek up the ranks very fast and got him a 6-0 undefeated record along the way! Over the other side of the cage will be a fighter who is just as talented in Moretti who also holds the same threat as his foe, as he likes to use his wretling to get the fight to the ground here he uses his BJJ Brown belt. Moretti has tasted defeat just once in his career which gives him a record of 7-1. This looks to be a very even contest between two very evenly skilled fighters for the Welterweight crown!

Prediction - Moretti has shown he is able to finish his oppoentns off a little bit more then Strupek has, this is really the only difference I see between the two fighters so will edge towards Moretti to get the win and become the new chmapion!

HBB 8 - Midnight Brawl: Main Card Preview

Zbigniew Stulejka v.s Justin Arajs - Heavyweight

Two young fighters clash here looking to get their careers to the next level, we have debut fighter Stulejka take on 1-0 Arajs. Little is known about Stulejka with this being his debut in MMA but he tells us he favours the stand up game and looks for the knock out, so he sounds like a crowd pleasing fighter! His opponent Arajs has had one fight which he won by way of submission even though he only holds a white belt in BBJ, so he looks like an unpredictable type of fighter.

Prediction - Arajs was impressive in his MMA debut and with such little known about Stulejka, I'm going with Arajs here.

Michael Bisping v.s Chad Shaw - Middleweight

Here we will have two fighters representing different types of fighters, old school and new school as three fight novice Bisping takes on the vastly experinced Shaw who has had over twenty fights. Bisping has proved himself to be a good all-round fighter during his first three fights which has seen him pick up victories in two of them. Shaw also looks to be well rounded which is no surprised seeing as he has had so many fighs, he tends to either stand and bang or take people down where he uses his ground and pound.

Prediction - Close fight on paper, so you have to go with the more experinced fighter Shaw to use his know-how to get the job done.

Paul Ernst v.s Steve Jones - Middleweight

A match up of two skilled middleweights here, Paul Ernst (5-1) is on a five fight win streak since losing his debut fight, he has shown good clinchwork where he has been able to out work his opponents. Steve Jones holds a less impreeive record of 6-7 however has mixed it with a better rank of fighters, his stand up is decent but his main weapon of offense is his submissions, all 6 of his wins have come by way of submissions, however he has sometimes lacked the wrestling to get the fight down to the mat.

Prediction - An interesting match up which looks to be Ernst clinchwork v.s Jones submissions, unfortunitly for Jones, I see Ernst getting the fight to the clinch first and keeping it there for the majority of the fight.

Phillip Scotsdale v.s Ping Pong - Light Heavyweight: Co Main Event

These two Light Heavyweights stepped in at the last minute to save the card and find themselfs at the co - main event slot! In one corner will be Scotsdale (3-6) who will be looking to get on a winning run now having had a mixed bag of results this far in his career, he has solid Muay Thai and looks to finish his oppoenets with high kicks. Ping Ping is a talented up and coming fighter who has won both of his first two fights by submission in the first round, he should look to avoid Scotsdales strikes and get this fight to the mat where he will have a solid advantage, in this striker v.s grappler match up.

Prediction - Hard fight to call, you'd have to say Scotsdale has the wrestling to keep the fight standing for most of the fight, however I think it will be a short night as soon as the fight hits the floor so I'm going with Pong to move on his record to 3-0.

Benjamin Breeg v.s Steve Rogers - Light Heavyweight title fight: Main Event

The Light Heavyweight gold strap will be up for grabs in this main event bout, as Benjamin Breeg faces off against Steve Rogers. Breeg finds himself on a three fight win streak which has earnt him this title shot, all three fights have came by stoppage in the first round which has pushed him right up the rankings, he is a big fan favorite with his fights always ending in the first round, win or lose! Rogers earnt his shot at the title by beaten Maxwell The Priest at HBB 2 where he won a decision, Rogers is an unpredictable fighter and it's pretty impossible to second guess what his game plan might be! There are some rumours going around that he has looked a bit down in training and unmotivated, which is strange seeing as this is the biggest fight in his career. One thing is for sure, the winner of this fight will be a wanted man in the deep waters of the HBB Ligh Heavyweight division, where lots of fighters are lurking for blood.

Prediction - I have to go with Breeg here, he is on such a good run at the moment and looking very motivated for this fight, which is more then what can be said about his opponent!

HBB 9 - Ste Up: Main Card Preview

So our biggest event to date is here, where the two title fights dont even make it in to the top 3 fights, luckily both sneaked in to the top 5 though :D

Bogs Reyes v.s Sasuke Kamon - Featherweight title fight

The main card starts off with this Featherweight title fight where both fighters will be looking to shoot their careers into stardom. Both fighters are undefeated up till this point with both holden a 2-0 record. Kamon is a dangerous knock out artist who has stopped both of his opponents early in the first round up till this point, his opponent has also won both of his fights in the first round, however Reyes wins have come by way of submission, so a true clash of styles in this Featherweight title fight!

Prediction - Reyes is in big danger on the feet, Kamon is in big danger on the ground, the fight starts standing up so I'm picking Kamon to become the new champion.

Grimly Fiendish v.s Barrack Obama - Bantamweight title fight

Straight in with another title fight, this time the Bantamweight strap will be up for grabs in this historic card. This fight will put two evenly matched opponenets into the cage as ground and pound power house Grimly Fiendish takes on slick grappler Obama, this is an interesting fight style wise as both fighters like to get it to the ground but have different styles once it gets there. This fight could well be Fiendish on top throwing down bombs with Obama looking to catch hold of a limb to tear off.

Prediction - As we all know black belts become white belts when they are being punched in the face, so that may well be the case here for Obama. Also, by the off chance the fight does stay stnding.. I'd give Fiendish the advantage there too, so he is my pick to lift the Bantamweight crown.

Kendric Dalton v.s Czarna Wolinska - Heavyweight

The card moves on with two talented fighters who will be going at it in the Heavyweight division. It will see 6-2 Kendric Dalton take on the unbeaten prospect Czarna Wolinksa. Dalton is mainly a grappler who also works ground and pound into his attacks that work nicely to set up his submissions, he has submitted his opponent 5 out of 6 times during his wins. Wolinka has built up a 3-0 record till this point and has shown he has skills wherever the fight goes, he has one win by submission, one by knock out and one by decision.

Prediction - This is a big step up for Wolinksa and a big test, although he will have a chance wherever the fight goes, I feel Daltons experince and ground game will get the better of him at this stage in his career.

Stephen Hawking v.s Keisuke Honda - Heavyweight: Co Main Event

Two fan favorite Heavyweight contenders meet in the co-main event as 7-1 Hawking goes to battle with 5-1 Honda. Hawkings has shown himself to be a very accurate striker till this point, yet still has the power to put his opponents to sleep at anytime, no secret what his gameplan will be here - as he will go in searching for the knock out win. Honda is a little bit harder to predict, however he will most likely be looking to get this one to the ground where he has very solid grappling where he also mixes strikes in to his attack very well, so he should be looking to get the fight down to the mat.

Prediction - Very even fight for this c0-main event, something is telling me Hawking will get the job done once again and move towards a title shot.

Eyehate Condoms v.s Hajime Saito - Middleweight: Main Event

What a treat we have for you in the Main Event, where Condoms will be taking on a massive challenge as he faces one of the most popular fighters around in BJJ Black Belt Saito. Condoms has proved himself to be a very complete fighter at the young age of 21 and has a very bright future ahead of him in the sport. His usual game plan is to use his striking where he fires off powerful combinations, however he is able to take the fight to the ground when he needs to aswell. The challenge that stands ahead for Condoms is a massive one though, as he faces vetran fighter and BJJ Back Belt Saito who holds a record of 19-6-1, you can guess what his game plan is from the fact he is a BJJ Black Belt, he will be looking to take the fight to the ground and submit Condoms, like he has done 16 out 19 times during his victories. Condoms has a lot to gain here as Saito has a huge follwoing, will he be able to take advantage of this opportunity and shoot himself into the big time?

Prediction - I can smell an upset in the air, I think Condoms will rise to the occasion and not fall apart!

HBB 10 - Hard Knocks: Main Card Preview

Sinbi Taewoong v.s Joshua Nurwo - Welterweight

Starting off the main card will be the debut of promosing talent Taewoong as he faces Muay Thai based fighter Nurwo (1-1). Although Taewoong is still very young at the age of 18 he has been reported to have very nice skills in every area of the game, with a special focus going to his stand up game, so we might be in for a stand up war here as his oppoent Nurwo also favours the stand up game, in his last bout Nurwo won by TKO in the second round which topped off a great performance from him.

Prediction - There has been quite a lot of hype for Taewoong heading in to this fight, so I'm jumping on the bandwagoon and picking him, lets see if he lives up to it.

Tom Riley v.s Octavian Navarette - Super Heavyweight

The big boys come out to play now in the super heavyweight division as these two rising fighters look to climb the ranks. Riley (1-3) will take on Navarette (1-0). Riley has had a tough start to start of his career but will be looking to bounce back here and use his supeior grappling to take control of the fight, he has a BJJ purple belt where as Navarette is a newbie white belt.. or is that just a cover up to hide his ground skills? as last time out Navarette landing a number of takedowns and outworked his opponent on the floor, so we shall see how things will unfold come fight time!

Prediction - I just can't look past the difference between the two fighters ground game here, that may be naive of me giving Narvarettes last performance but I am picking Riley!

Vatali Harevich v.s Koysta Larkov - Heavyweight

Two debut fighters will face off here in a battle of the new comers, both have sold a number of tickets in the lead up to the fight which is sure to set a good atmosphere when the two fighters enter the cage. Both Harevich and Larkov have both hinted that they like to stand and trade bombs ahead of this fight, so with that added to the rivalry of the two sets of supporters, this looks to be an explosive bout for sure!

Prediction - I seen Larkov hitting the pads the other day and he looked as if he had some very nice stand up skills, so thats my pick!

Chris Bright v.s Kristijan Golubovic - Heavyweight: Co - Main Event

The co - main event will feature the knock out artist Golubovic who holds a 3-1 record, last time out he knocked his opponent out in just 9 seconds with a brutal power punch! He will be facing BJJ based fighter Bright who had a tough time last time out, where he dropped a decision to Wolinkska, it was a close fight though and he is looking to get back to winning ways here. You should not take your eyes off of this fight for a second, because as deadly as Golubovicis is on the feet where he has knocked out his opponent during all of his victories, his ground game is not at the same level and that is where Bright will be looking to get this fight, so it may come down to who can decide where the fight takes place!

Prediction - Brights failure to get the fight where he needed to last time out makes me worry for him in this match up, as if the same thing happens here - it is surely just a matter of time before Golubovic is turning the lights out on him.

Pedro Flikflak v.s Seamus Quackenbush - Heavyweight: MAIN EVENT

The main event is upon us and it will have the return of submission machine Pedro Flikflak (6-3) as he fights kicking wizard Seamus Quackenbush (2-0). Flikflak holds a brown belt in BJJ and last time out in his HBB made easy work of his opponent before submitting him early in the second round. Quackenbush has kicked off his career with two wins, including his HBB debut last time out where he kicked his opponent a couple hundred times, it was like something straight out of a martial arts movie, he was firing of 10, some times 20 quicks in a row! This is a big fight for both fighter with the winner moving towards a title shot. With one fighter being so good on the ground (Flikflak) and the other being so good on the feet (Quackenbush) it is obvious what both game plans will be coming in to this fight, so it will come down to who can stick to it best!

Prediction - Flikflak s the more experinced and well rounded fighter I feel, I think he will submit Quackenbush.

• 2 weeks later...

HBB 13 - Action: Main Card Preview

Satoaki Kasahara v Kyle McDougall

The main cards first fight will be in the Light Heavweight division as Kasahara (2-0) takes on McDougall (4-2). Kasahra will be looking to continue his great run of form in this fight, since starting his career in HBB he has got two back to back wins where he has shown some good Muay Thai skills. McDougall is more experinced and has also made a great start to his HBB career with back to back wins, he favours more of a boxing style though. With both fighters liking to stand and trade, this should be a stand up war!

Prediction - This is a close fight, but I think Kasahra has a few more tricks up his sleeve in the stand up part of the game, which I think will be the difference.

Michelangelo Phoenix v Antonio Ellison

As we continue through the main card we reach the big boys as undefeated prospect Phoenix (4-0) faces 8-2 Ellison. This will be Phoenix first fight in HBB but he will be looking to carry over his great form that has seen him notch up four straight wins, he has skills wherever the fight goes but maybe slightly favours working on the ground. Ellison has proved himself to be a very techniqual grappler despite only being a blue belt, he has finished 6 of his opponents by submission.

Prediction - A good match up wherever the fight goes, unfortunitly for Ellison his depression may cost him this fight.

Kaimana Kalainawai v Ive Nackershort

Two true mixed martial artists go to war here in the middleweight division as both hold high skills in all aspects of the game, it will see Kalainawai (10-2) take on Nackershort (15-10). Kalainawai has finished his opponent on 8 occasions out of 10 victories, with 4 coming by (T)KO and 4 by submission, which proves how well rounded his game is. If Kalainawai had one weakest then it could be his takedown defense, however that shouldn't come in to play here as he faces the experinced Nackershort who tends to like to stand and trade bombs! The winner here should be on the fast track to a title shot!

Prediction - I can't split the two in this fight, it looks like a true 50/50 fight!

Rusty Kuntz v Mark Sims - Heavyweight title fight: Co Main Event

We have a great fight in store for you in the co main event where the heavyweight title will be up for grabs as the young and hungry knock out artist Kuntz (8-1) faces the old school ground n pound veteran Sims (15-8). Kuntz has great stand up skills and holds power in all of his strikes, he will be looking to keep this fight standing, maybe using leg kicks to help prevent the take down ability of Sims. Sims will be looking to avoid the strikes of Kuntz and counter with a takedown where he can unleash his powerful ground and pound which more often then not leaves his opponent being carried out on the stretcher!

Prediction - Both fighters are exteremely talnted but I'm going with Sims's extra experince to pull him through this one.

Anton Glasgow v Sam Fox: Main Event

The main event is upon us and it's between Anton Glasgow (16-3) and Sam fox (7-2). Glasgow is an extremely well rounded fighter and has proven he has skills standing, in the clinch, wrestling and on the ground, this varity in attack often means he looks to take his opponent out of his comfort zone and does a very good job at it. Sam Fox is a devastating puncher who is much more one dimensional then his foe, as he just swings for the fences with his fists and looks for the big knock out, he has however shown some solid takedown defense in his career. You would think Glasgow will be looking to get this fight to the ground where he should hold an advantage, it will be up to Fox to stop the fight from going there.

Prediction - Either Fox by a big KO or Glasgow by UD, I really can't call the fight between them two!