exposing another shady org owner

James Pick, owner of BFT in Sydney. I had 2 defending champions in this org, Bubba Mcghee (97837) and Marty Mcghee (104438). He puts a 3K bounty on both of them as a "show of respect." That's fine, but I like my guys getting paid, so I asked him to pay my guys the same bonus if they successfully defended. He refused. When I tried to make my case he strips both of them of their titles in a petty act of vengeance.

Here's the best part. Marty's upcoming fight was supposed to be his 2nd title defense, but this guy can't make the fight non-title so he's fighting for his own title AGAIN after being stripped by the owner. If he wins, he'll be stripped again and dropped. Hilarious. Does the title or the org have any legitimacy after that? Its guys like this that make newer players like me want to quit the game. I'm putting all the newer guys on here on alert. Don't sign to BFT in Sydney.

• Downvote 2

well a lot of org owners do this like that so i dont see that as bad -- now as for you wanting paid the money i cant see it being a reason to strip you but im sure there is more conversation that is missing -- in honesty though you have no point for asking for the bonus you should of demanded a better contract before hand or ask to renego it

Oh yeah, we had it out, but my point was valid. Why should every guy that's fights the champion be guaranteed an extra 3K win bonus on top of the one already on their contract while my guy, the champ, gets nothing for defending the belt and helping the org? I wasn't asking for more, I just wanted the same extras the contenders get.

Oh yeah, we had it out, but my point was valid. Why should every guy that's fights the champion be guaranteed an extra 3K win bonus on top of the one already on their contract while my guy, the champ, gets nothing for defending the belt and helping the org? I wasn't asking for more, I just wanted the same extras the contenders get.

i see your point but it just dont work like that sometimes --- im sure cain wants paid like brock but he doesnt and wont -- there might be fighters there making more than you but you dont see or know this -- i dont see anything shady with what he is doing -- now for the stripping the belt like i said and you say ya'll had it out cause you feel wronged

First off, why are you trying to negotiate with an owner who just put a bounty on two of your fighters? Secondly, the words bounty and bonus are not interchangeable (at least not in this case)--only the bounty hunter can receive a bounty, not the bounty-hunted.

Ok, maybe shady was the wrong word. But James Pick has done is shown that he is willing to hurt his own org to satisfy his need for revenge. The 155 and 185 titles are basically meaningless now. Is that an org you would sign your fighters to?

Ok, maybe shady was the wrong word. But James Pick has done is shown that he is willing to hurt his own org to satisfy his need for revenge. The 155 and 185 titles are basically meaningless now. Is that an org you would sign your fighters to?

If he does treat his fighters like crap--his 72% org rating does suggest he may-- he might have a hard time competing in Sydney. You can't please everyone, but you can't treat everyone like crap either. These things tend to sort themselves out.

James Pick, owner of BFT in Sydney. I had 2 defending champions in this org, Bubba Mcghee (97837) and Marty Mcghee (104438). He puts a 3K bounty on both of them as a "show of respect." That's fine, but I like my guys getting paid, so I asked him to pay my guys the same bonus if they successfully defended. He refused. When I tried to make my case he strips both of them of their titles in a petty act of vengeance.

Here's the best part. Marty's upcoming fight was supposed to be his 2nd title defense, but this guy can't make the fight non-title so he's fighting for his own title AGAIN after being stripped by the owner. If he wins, he'll be stripped again and dropped. Hilarious. Does the title or the org have any legitimacy after that? Its guys like this that make newer players like me want to quit the game. I'm putting all the newer guys on here on alert. Don't sign to BFT in Sydney.

Did you ever stop and think why he set this whole "bounty" thing on your fighters or ask him? Is it possible that he was running out of fighters who matched up with yours and needed a way to get other fighters to accept fights against your guys and that paying them an extra $3K win bonus (which they might not likely win) would get these guys to accept those fights? Like it was said, I don't think that he was being shaddy about anything and I don't think you were in the position to ask or demand being paid a similar bounty for defending your title. If your guys were getting paid crap contracts then you should have A. renegotiated your contract better if you've been with the org. long enough to have done so already. B. If you still had 2 or 3 fights under your existing contract, see if he would be willing to renegotiate your contract, since you are now a title holder and offer higher hyped fights. Then there is option C. If he is unwilling to work with you on a better contract earlier on...Finish out your contract, shop other fight orgs and sign with someone else. I personally feel there are better ways of dealing with things than putting them on blast in the forums...especially since there is ALWAYS a bigger story involved that is never included; it's just hearsay at this point.

Perhaps if he had taken the time to explain his position instead of instantly stripping my guys of their belts I wouldn't be putting him on blast here. Regardless of who said what, the facts remain: James Pick stripped both champions of their titles after they had both defended them, and one of my guys is fighting for his own title again tomorrow because he didn't think about what he was doing before he did it. If my guy wins he'll just strip him again. Any org that does that is pretty much a joke.

The org name is Blunt Force Trauma in Sydney btw, sign at your own peril :suicide_anim:

• Downvote 1

...especially since there is ALWAYS a bigger story involved that is never included; it's just hearsay at this point.

Yep

This just sounds like manager wanting more money from owner.

Sorry for creepin' in, but from what i understand this guy is managing both the organisation and his fighters that fight in the same organisation. This is a little bit unfair. In reality this wouldn't be possible because the manager will tend to favor his fighters. It seems that in the game is also unfair as he can strip titles whenever he pleases.

My honest opinion is that titles should be won only in the ring, or the cage.

This is a bit more shady. It's a good example.

Hardcore Extreme ORG

The owner's fighters possess 5 championships, all in his own organization. Mismatches ftw.

I don't know if I'd use the word shady. It's obvious what this guy is doing. But he's paying to play, and if people accept the fights and contract offers, it's fair play. The owner/manager is a fraud, and what he's doing is crap, as his 66% rating shows.

Is it possible that he was running out of fighters who matched up with yours and needed a way to get other fighters to accept fights against your guys and that paying them an extra $3K win bonus (which they might not likely win) would get these guys to accept those fights?

As the manager of his next challenger (before this hubbub) and the only remaining decent match up for his 155er (he beat the other two) I'm fairly sure this was the reasoning.

I simply love how guys come on here and whine and complain but feel the need to leave important information out of the story...let's start at the beginning, BFT is a newer Org, therefore the hype of most fighters are not all that high, but being the kind of Org owner Mr Pick is, he figured he wanted titles handed out, so guys with hype that isn't the highest won titles...but because of the hype/pop average of some of these Champs they were placed on the middle of the events they fought on, as any decent Org owner knows, u put the highest average hype/pop fight at the top and work downward. Well our good friend mr rounderkk started to email and complain to Mr Pick about how little respect he was showing him by having a Champ not fight in the Main/Co Main Events...so in an attempt to "show some respect" and to give Mr rounderkk's fighters some recognition, Mr Pick sent out the email putting the "bounty of 3K" as motivation to get his fighters some competition as they until this point had clearly been outclassing their opponents. To this Mr Rounderkk DEMANDED his guys get the extra $3K payment as well, obviously not understanding the idea of having a bounty put on ones head. Mr Pick declined and tried to explain what he was doing and in reponse mr rounderkk decided to give the Org a bad rating, basically putting a gun to Mr Picks head that if he did not give him the extra $3K he would not change the rating. This set Mr Pick off and so he released one of his fighters and stripped both of their titles, forgetting the second had a fight coming up tonight. Therefor rounderkk's fighter may and very well could win the title again. He has also as well as doing this childish forum post sent emails out stating the very same information to other fighters/champions in BFT but once again leaving out very valuable portions of the story. Anyways in closing Mr Pick is very easy to get along with and he runs a good Org, accept when you decide you prefer to be unreasonable and refuse to work with him and prefer to do everything you can to work against him.

• Upvote 2

I personally recieved the same silly message as was initially posted by the TP. I have the 205 champ in BFT and I guess the TP wanted me to move my champ or something of that nature. I think someone is shooting himself in the foot by making this topic. Who wants a manager like that in your org?

I have nothing but good things to say about James and BFT.

What a douchebag. The guy has over 100k in his bank account and he is trying to run down an org. just because James doesn´t give him extra 3k. I´ve met few similar greedy idiots in this game so this isn´t a newsflash really..

And his alliance sounds pretty gay.

As an organization owner, I don't see anything wrong with what he (the "shady" owner did). There are certain facets of the game that are strictly fiscal and need to be addressed in such a manner. If your champions want big fights, the gain in hype, popularity, and rank is the reward.

Perhaps if he had taken the time to explain his position instead of instantly stripping my guys of their belts I wouldn't be putting him on blast here. Regardless of who said what, the facts remain: James Pick stripped both champions of their titles after they had both defended them, and one of my guys is fighting for his own title again tomorrow because he didn't think about what he was doing before he did it. If my guy wins he'll just strip him again. Any org that does that is pretty much a joke.

The org name is Blunt Force Trauma in Sydney btw, sign at your own peril :suicide_anim:

you don't strip champ unless the following happens. The guy who has the champ starts sending you hate mails and harasses you for no reason, you have a champ that has not defend his belt and does not accepts fights to defend his belt, has not been online for a while, threatens to leave the org if you don't paid him more unless he can justify why he should get pied more. you don't strip champ just to get back at him. if Dana was to try that with Anderson Silva, I guarantee ufc will get sued and they will have to pay Silva plus give him his belt back. unless there there more to the story than you are telling here. can you post emails conversations that suggest he is just doing this just to get back at you? would be helpful others to see whats really going on before you bash this person openly