Non exclusive Contracts

DeadlyDirk

I noticed that contracts always come withe the 'Exclusive' tickbox checked and as far as I'm aware all contracts are exclusive at the moment, other than allowing fighters to do QFC's.

I just wondered if there was any plan in the future to make contracts non exclusive, might make it a little easier for people wishing to set up super fights or people who want to test the waters of an org without being soley tied down to them.

• Upvote 1

I noticed that contracts always come withe the 'Exclusive' tickbox checked and as far as I'm aware all contracts are exclusive at the moment, other than allowing fighters to do QFC's.

I just wondered if there was any plan in the future to make contracts non exclusive, might make it a little easier for people wishing to set up super fights or people who want to test the waters of an org without being soley tied down to them.

It looks like a great idea. I was also thinking if some mixed formulas could be allowed, like a contract which grants exclusive, but only for one geographic area. for example you could sign a contract in Vegas which prevents you from fighting for other Vegas Org, but you could stil sign in NY or Europe

• Upvote 2

or being contracted by the feeder/sister org while at the same time fighting occasionally for the base org? This could be a good possibility but I would have having fighters ask for money all the time since they got better offers from orgs that didn't spend the time building them up.

I believe it is always part of the plan that non-exclusive contract will be introduced in the future, seeing that you have that option in the contract screen. Sadly, it's not implemented for so long so I say yes, +1 to non-exclusive to be implemented.

Yeh I just think it would be cool that you could perhaps have a contract with one org for 2 fights over say 6 months and another contract with another org for the same, bit more of a variety of matchups and takes the pressure off being tied into a contract with an org that may not work out etc, not to mention having the option of doing a super fight without having to release and resign afterwards.

it could be done like the invite list for gyms

the org owner could assign which orgs would be allowed to offer fights to it's fighters.

then when a cross promotion fight would be offered it would come up on a preliminary fight offers page for both org owners to accept or decline. at that point, if both parties accept, then it gets offered to both fighters involved

I like the idea but see one problem already..signing with 2 orgs and only fighting in one? Riding out the contract for org A without fighting(or only once) and getting the signing bonus while continuing to fight for org B...

Although I guess with non-exclusive contracts would be without signing bonuses or very low making the risk for the org very low

I like the idea but see one problem already..signing with 2 orgs and only fighting in one? Riding out the contract for org A without fighting(or only once) and getting the signing bonus while continuing to fight for org B...

Although I guess with non-exclusive contracts would be without signing bonuses or very low making the risk for the org very low

could make it so there are "primary" and "secondary" contracts. primary contracts are just as they are now, but secondary contracts have no signing bonus and are for a max of 1 fight. maybe even make it so that you can't do more than one "secondary" fight in a row, so that a fighter can't just keep taking "secondary" fights in order to ride out the "primary" contract period until it expires.

OR, make it so that the "primary" org has to approve the "secondary" contract. that way it's up to them to decide if they can trust a fighter to sign a secondary contract of any length/pay scale. in addition to that, perhaps have the "primary" contract period be automatically extended by the length of the secondary contract, in order to account for the lost time. example: a fighter has a 3 fight primary contract that expires on 7/31/11. he signs a one-fight secondary contract, so the primary contract is automatically extended by a month to 8/31/11.