UFC 134 - Mirkos goodbye and revenge in one

Liddell went from the seemingly unbeatable Icemen to getting KO'd 4 of his last 6 fights. Not just knocked off balance and the ref jumps in type stuff, either. 1 hit and he is asleep type KO's. You can't keep that sort of thing up and expect to come out unharmed. Dana basically stepped in and told him enough was enough.

Chuck needed a change in his training and someone who will tell him not to over commit and get himself ko'd and not Dana White to save him. Chuck is still good enough to beat most if not all guys in the ufc, and i'm not even a big fan.

Easily ko'd? Sure, but most other fighters tend to get ko'd when you punch them on the jaw.

• Downvote 1

Chuck needed a change in his training and someone who will tell him not to over commit and get himself ko'd and not Dana White to save him. Chuck is still good enough to beat most if not all guys in the ufc, and i'm not even a big fan.

Easily ko'd? Sure, but most other fighters tend to get ko'd when you punch them on the jaw.

Most KO's are TKO's or at least multiple shot KO's. Chuck's chin is not what it used to be thanks to all those years of his style of "I hit you and you hit me until one of us falls down" style of fighting. Chuck was a beast, but if he kept it up for much longer bad things were going to happen.

• Upvote 2

Bullshit...I was at his fight vs Rich in Vancouver and he looked great. Great shape and almost had a 6-pack and everything...even threw some kicks, if i remember correctly. Then Rich caught him lightly on the chin and he went down...too much accumulated damage over his career. While I think he still could beat a lot of the guys at 205, he just cant take a punch anymore...

• Upvote 1

sure, if they weren't allowed to hit him in the head.

• Upvote 1

Bullshit...I was at his fight vs Rich in Vancouver and he looked great. Great shape and almost had a 6-pack and everything...even threw some kicks, if i remember correctly. Then Rich caught him lightly on the chin and he went down...too much accumulated damage over his career. While I think he still could beat a lot of the guys at 205, he just cant take a punch anymore...

I agree going into that fight Chuck looked more fit and ripped than I had ever seen him before. It is just sad how fragile his chin has gotten after all those wars.

• Upvote 1