Waldorf Astoria Calls Out Lucas Lunar

Gatekeeper. Choke artist. Always a contender, never a champion. After losing his third title challenge to Lucas Lunar, after being knocked out in the first round by Lunar for the third time, Waldorf Astoria was written off by everyone as a talented fighter who'd never reach the top of the mountain.

Astoria left his home promotion, the Canadian Fighting Championship, to start anew. And then he started winning. He knocked out Johnny Chan, one of the top welterweights in Tokyo at the time. He signed with Blitzkrieg, and beat Mickey Noonan (top 50 at the time) in his debut fight. Then, he faced Alpha Male, who was coming off a first round knockout of Waldorf's old nemesis Lucas Lunar, and beat him soundly from bell to bell.

Following that fight, he was ranked #1 in the world at Welterweight. But he still had never owned a championship belt, all four of his losses being in championship fights. Following the victory ver Alpha, Waldorf was given the chance to fight for the Blitz 170 title against Arthur Meighen.

But Waldorf didn't choke this time. He dominated Arthur Meighen, winning every round and even earning two 10-8 rounds. Waldorf now had his gold.

He kept on winning, and earned the #1 p4p ranking with a victory over Magnum PI. He has defeated two top 10 challengers since. In his entire Blitzkrieg run, he has only lost one out of 26 total rounds.

Waldorf should be the undisputed #1 Welterweight, if not the best pound for pound fighter, in the world. He's currently ranked #1 p4p. The only problem is the man who's currently #2 at Welterweight, Lucas Lunar.

Luke Daigle: My fighters are 0-7 against you. There's no manager in this game I hate fighting more than you. But I need to face you. I've reached the top of the game but I can't be satisfied until Waldorf Astoria beats Lucas Lunar. The only way to silence the doubters, the haters, and the fact that I honestly don't know if Waldorf can beat Lunar is to take you on again. I know you want my #1 ranking. Come and take it from me.

• Upvote 1

I accept ze challenge. I think Waldorf is a very different fighter since we last met...so definetely..I want Lunar to be the #1 WW, and I can't do that with Waldorf in the way. :winner:

i got my faith in my alliance mate that this time around he will beat lunar. to show my support im putting 50k on astoria if there are any takers

I take this bet.

Lunar by 1st round KO. Business as usual.

Hang fire before everyone starts to flash the cash, while im sure this will happen as i understand it at this time Astoria has a prior engagement to take care of before this epic showdown can take place.

You do realize that Astoria needs to beat Lunar three times to be even, after that is the real fight to see who's the better man.

The only fight that really matters in the end is who won the last fight. If Astoria wins he redeems himself and can put those losses behind him.

I accept ze challenge. I think Waldorf is a very different fighter since we last met...so definetely..I want Lunar to be the #1 WW, and I can't do that with Waldorf in the way. :winner:

Let's do this! I need to sort things out with Waldorf's title obligations but the only fight I'm interested in right now is with Lunar.

The CFC has committed to doing whatever it takes to make Lunar available for the fight.

We're even looking for a May 14 main event if the proposed dates in Blitz don't work for the respective managers/promotion.

Matt

The only fight that really matters in the end is who won the last fight. If Astoria wins he redeems himself and can put those losses behind him.

not really. you would have to beat him 4 times if you don't lose your upcoming fight with him to put the loses behind you. if you beat him one time anyone can say that is by luck and he would still have 2w over your fighter. so at the end of the day the person who wins more wins. its just that simple no matter how you look at it. good luck with your next fight.

As I understand it, the winner of the Meighen/Hulohot fight has been promised a title shot. What I'd like to do is fight Lunar on the weekend of the 7th or 14th, and defend the Blitzkrieg title on the 28th or the 4th. That way, the Meighen/Hulo winner isn't kept waiting and I don't risk screwing up the Lunar fight by coming in with a loss.

As for what lost said, is there a real-life equivalent of this fight? It's like if Dennis Hallman went on to be the top welterweight in Pride while Matt Hughes was UFC champion.

And as I see it, each fight stands on its own. This isn't a best of seven series. After each time Lunar beat Astoria, he could claim to be the better fighter. If Astoria wins this fight, he's the better fighter.

• Upvote 3