Do long-term non-VIP players exist?

I think we all can safely say that this game is much, much better and more enjoyable an experience as a VIP user than it is a non-VIP and that's not just the ability to make a company, but all the doors that are opened in terms of access to information, too.

I don't know about anyone else, but pretty much 90% of my time or more with the game is spent with information only a VIP has access to.

I'm just wondering, do non-VIPs ever actually stick around in this game, playing long-term as non-VIPs, or are the only two paths a non-VIP can take in this game pretty much:

1) To realize how great it is and to upgrade to VIP.

2) To get bored due to the limitations of non-VIP and go inactive.

Maybe there is a large contingent of less diehards who stick with this game for the long haul just as a non-VIP, maybe logging in only a couple times a week to check up and nothing more, and just don't feel the need to spend money on it.

I'm just wondering though, have you guys ever seen many instances of long-term non-VIPs who actually stick with the game, or are most of them destined to either flame out (the majority) or upgrade (the minority)?

• Upvote 1

There was a guy in my previous org who was like that because he lived in another country an couldnt get vip.

Then most recently a guy who lives in Mexico had a champion in my org who didnt have VIP and was around for awhile. Sometimes you arent able to get it because of crazy exchange rates in different countries or cant find a way. They play.

Definitely a majority of the non-VIP members eventually quit probably around 60%, then probably 25% stay with the game as non-VIP members, and the remaining 15% upgrade to VIP. Definitely more managers would stick around if they realized how amazing the game is with VIP.

Exactly why I suggested a "Free VIP Weekend" in the improvements thread :)

I played for around 8 months or so at the start with non-vip then got 3 months VIP and loved it. It ran out then i stopped playing for over a year and now I've just recently returned and got VIP again.

Volkub Nilubak and Mr Hats both come to mind. They're both surprisingly good despite their handicap and have beaten many guys who should have outclassed them primary-wise. They've both been around a couple years--almost as long as me.

Exactly why I suggested a "Free VIP Weekend" in the improvements thread :)

Something along these lines would be good for the game. Dollars to doughnuts, Mike is either considering or has considered it.

Volkub Nilubak and Mr Hats both come to mind. They're both surprisingly good despite their handicap and have beaten many guys who should have outclassed them primary-wise. They've both been around a couple years--almost as long as me.

julius zagray and mattias rattler are 2 non-vips that i have struggled against. zagray has some real oldschool vets in his stable, while rattler (thru pm) has shown me that he has a very good grasp on the sliders and scouting of fights. my hat's off to these guys as both COULD be vip but neither have expressed any interest in paying money for the game. as long as there's a free version, and they're ok with just that...i'm fine with that.

i think there's a good portion of the non-vips that flat out don't WANT to pay for the game. i mean, i played for 3-4 months before i bought in...absolutely refusing to pay for a browser game (and i had never played one before) but i consistently underestimate my hatred of losing and once my competitive side kicked in, i was shelling out the cash. some people just never hit that mark.

I knew from day one I wanted to go VIP but I had to wait for a while before I could upgrade, but I suspect there are quite a few non-VIP managers out there who are enjoying the game and sticking around, I know if I ever couldn't renew my VIP I still play just without the advantage of the extra you get with VIP (although right now they don't seem to help me in terms of winning fights, Grr!)

The first thing I learned as an MMA Tycoon player was that sliders was really important and so is training. Now that I'm more experience, I think I understand sliders better and have better training and as a result I win more often. :)

Without a doubt, VIP makes this game a lot better. I would like all non-VIP players the chance to try it out, and I'm sure once they try it they'll want to keep it and so will buy VIP.

Tbh, I was quite apprehensive about getting VIP, though I'm glad that I did get it. :) And I'll definately be renewing my VIP. :)

• Upvote 1

Well, I was vip long time ago and loved it. But im fine playing without vip :)

I played non VIP for a long time. I had spreadsheets that tracked a lot of the stuff VIP's get. Then i realized what little cost it is to be VIP compared to the amount of time this game entertains me for and that in order to keep the game going i should contribute something like buying a VIP.

So quit being cheap fucks and go buy a VIP with your welfare check.

I was a Non-VIP for over a year. What made me upgrade was knowing that my fighters couldn't progress much beyond where they were at unless I could see how many fighters were in each training session. And then (like someone already mentioned) I broke it down by how many hours I spend on this game per week and at that point, the $10 seemed like pennies.

If I didn't upgrade I probably would have gotten frustrated at some point and gone inactive. There really is a finite amount of things you can do in this game unless you're a VIP. That being said, as far as free games go, this is one of the best.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=1162

He has never been VIP as far as I know. He has helld two top guys in Barack and Carmelo.

yeah he seems to won the soul of my very tough WW division which is quite impressing. but he is real hard to deal with since he is never online, and in general gives me a really hard time when it comes to booking fights etc...

I am a non-VIP for 4 months, due to me not having a credit card. After I am old enough to get one, I did and I VIPed. I ain't quitting anyway if I am not VIP, that's how I roll.

I went VIP very quickly after I signed one of my guys in an org (no longer exists) that I thought the guy who ran it was a bit of an idiot, I convinced myself I could do a better job. So my reason was the company aspect of it. If for whatever reason VIP was not an option for me I think I would still play but it just wouldn't be as interesting with just 4 fighters and nothing else to do so I would probably end up going inactive. I could probably have continued playing as a non VIP if I had never tried it, really difficult to give up something you have had for so long and just become a basic user.