Physical Attributes vs skill

qbaum01

This may already be a topic and i couldnt find it but I recently entered a competition that had two newly created fighters compete. COol idea BTW I think its generating a lot of questions. Anyway, my guy was/ is 6"8" and a wonderful wrester and Blue belt the other guy was 4'9" and a strong wrestler which i assume was all to takedown D(maybe). My question is how much does a fighters physicals contribute to performance vs skill? This seems like an easy fight. My guy should have been able to take him down after 67 attempts but not once did my fighter get him on the ground. That seems to be wrong. If the intention is to be "life like" then a fighter with greater skill(also hidden attributes which i like) would at least be able to execute his gameplan over a weaker(lower skill) opponent. If not, i think the game should not apply such emphasis on the physical attributes. I mean he is 4'9" and was able to put my guy 6'8" in the clinch and land 72 elbows but my guy couldn't take him down? That means he reached up 1 ft into the air and landed 72 damaging elbows to my guys head.? Lets not overlook the 19 knees to the body? That's lifting his leg nearly two feet to land damaging strikes? I also don't see how he stuffed 67 takedowns when my fighter has a 110 takedown and his prob has a 70 or 80 takedown D(maybe). That's giving him a 20 to 30 point(maybe more)bonus for being a foot and a half shorter. Any thoughts? I have played boxing simulation games that had the same quirk. I'm not sure there is a way to accuratley refelct skill over physical attributes? Maybe that's the down side of simulation fighting games to date. Fight link http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=320346

Lee Murray, he seems like a nice guy. Patting his record with QFC's with the same build that AA used when fighting cans. 150cm wrestler clincher.

As for your question, I'm pretty sure he has wonderful takedown defence, clinchwork, elbows and knees. And as said, the fact that he is shorter then Danny Devito, makes him very hard to takedown in mmatycoon. With these stumps, you just have to stay outside and either counter ko or pitter patter them from standing. But you need that clichwork in order to stay away from his manly hug.

true i did have a simple game plan but in real life a gifted wrestler will eventually get a take down against an inferior wrestler. Maybe he did have wonderful take down D. That's something i may never know but considering he was a new fighter < 3 fights and his overall wrestling was strong and he had wonderful MT and elbows. That makes me think he wouldn't have had enough points to make his take down D 100 or better. A 110 take down O should be able to take down a lessor opponent no matter the height. Why didn't my guy just slam him? I gave my guy very good/ strong clinch work.

trip take down in the clinch? something. I guess my direct question is to the developer concerning the advantages(skill vs physical attributes) of making shorter or taller fighters. A tall guy can be a great wrestler and a short guy can be a great boxer. reach and height should give a very slight advantage not a 20 or 30 point curve.

Damn voted my post down on accident. Stupid...like my fight plan i guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if the only thing (and i do mean ONLY thing) they're worried about is takedowns, it's not very surprising that he was able to stuff them all. given that in his previous fights he's never been taken down (including a fight against another wonderful wrestler), i'd say it's safe to assume he has pretty high takedown defense. given the way he fights, he was prob created with wonderful clinch, elbows, and takedown D.

Thanks everyone for the input. Not sure about the AA's multi account - what does that mean. Ive been a member almost a year but obviously haven't learned enough about managers....etc... I guess i just had a bad strategy against this fighter but it was my only strategy because my guy had 1 in striking and boxing. It was a quick tournament challenge where we had to create a new fighter and enter a QFC immediately. I think the idea was to see how the fighter design and strategy would compare. That's why i keep asking about how much the physical traits contribute to the fighter design. That's one of the fun parts of the game I know but seems out of whack with real life. Just my opinion it's completely subjective unless the physical attribute contributes highly to fighter design and give you major bonuses for height, reach and weight advantage. Thanks again.

Lee Murray, he seems like a nice guy. Patting his record with QFC's with the same build that AA used when fighting cans. 150cm wrestler clincher.

Yeah, I was so lucky as to get him in my first Slider sleuth showdown fight. Complete decimation :D

A good grip on his arm? he could just grab my guys elbow. I really think the game developers could take a close look at height, weight, and skill. If they can make a fighter intelligent,they can make it so he can anticipate or block a move once it's done more than so many times, then they could create a negative for certain heights and weight combos. If a fighter is 4'9" and 260 lbs he's a blob. He should have a negative speed and endurance effect. And if he's 4'9" and 150lbs or 260lbs against a 6'3" 270lb man then the larger man should get huge strength bonus which should feed into takedowns and punching power. Not a developer but would think this could be done. Just thoughts on game design.

Yeah, I was so lucky as to get him in my first Slider sleuth showdown fight. Complete decimation :D

Cool. I read that. Yeah your design was MT and wrestling. Same as his but taller. Good match-up for you. Now when you fight a guy that's 150cm/260 and has wonderful take downs do you think this fighter could stop his take downs? Or will the game give bonuses to him for height advantage?

Lesson of the day: Never go takedown only, mix it with strikes even with useless striking ability, and that, will lead to a successful takedown.

A good grip on his arm? he could just grab my guys elbow. I really think the game developers could take a close look at height, weight, and skill. If they can make a fighter intelligent,they can make it so he can anticipate or block a move once it's done more than so many times, then they could create a negative for certain heights and weight combos. If a fighter is 4'9" and 260 lbs he's a blob. He should have a negative speed and endurance effect. And if he's 4'9" and 150lbs or 260lbs against a 6'3" 270lb man then the larger man should get huge strength bonus which should feed into takedowns and punching power. Not a developer but would think this could be done. Just thoughts on game design.

You kind of argue your initial point here. You expected that if you only try takedowns then at least one should succeed, at the same time you think that your fighter should anticipate or block his barrage of elbows as he threw a lot, the difference being that he mixed it up with some knees, your fighter only tried takedowns. As mentioned by others, failed takedowns will tire you out quickly which leaves your guy with little energy for the rest of the fight to defend his onslaught from the clinch. Your fighter may not be the best with punches or kicks but if you threw them then the opponent wouldn't anticipate just takedowns.

• Upvote 2

The thing with going all out takedowns is, if you don't get it in the first three or so, you ain't getting it at all. So don't risk it. Go with full on accuracy with punches or kicks mixed with takedowns, and heavy on the counter.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZUtYtfiJLPE/SyfkidMygaI/AAAAAAAAABI/Caxb6kdZiXM/s320/midget-wrestler-fuzzy-cupid1.jpg

Yep....You just got served.

Lesson of the day: Never go takedown only, mix it with strikes even with useless striking ability, and that, will lead to a successful takedown.

Thanks for the lesson but what about y question concerning bonuses for height and weight? Is there another topic thread i should read about that? I have read through the beginners forum pages and no one goes into specifics. example... for every inch your fighter is shorter thank X then you you get X negative against strength. Same for weight and speed, striking and height, etc... This remaining a hidden detracts from fighter creation and fight strategy

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZUtYtfiJLPE/SyfkidMygaI/AAAAAAAAABI/Caxb6kdZiXM/s320/midget-wrestler-fuzzy-cupid1.jpg

Yep....You just got served.

That's fing hilarious. If this guy could kick a 6'3" dudes ass without hitting him in the nutz i would be extremely embarrased. The 6'3" dude should be able to sling this dude aroudn the octagon. damn i can't stop laughing.