Why I hate religion threads.

Face Kicker

they ALWAYS start out negative/combative; if not with the first post, within the first 5 posts.

there are generally no new ideas brought to light. (i.e. every religion thread is the same)

everybody enters the thread with their own perspective/agenda/etc, and leaves the thread with nothing changed.

they generally just spiral into people calling each other "lemmings" or "heathens who will burn in hellfire", etc.

they rarely involve pictures of attractive women, like the one shown below:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XcFdwH4T64I/TBX55fsxX0I/AAAAAAAABWU/1O1_8xToiPM/s1600/scarlett-johansson%2Bsweater.jpg

• Upvote 1

I managed disasemble and turn an industrial powered Black and Decker sanding belt into a orgasm machine by sticking a feather duster onto the high powered rotating pin, it gives an almost instant orgasm as its spinning against the base of the penis head (on or just below the banjo string)

That's some awesome picture !

Well...that thread wasn't all that bad, it's an exchange of ideas, views and it gets to make you think and maybe evolve your view on things. However, that thread was lacking of people in religion(I remember one I think), but I don't blame them since the thread wasn't really that inviting looking at the title and the first few posts.

Even if it may not change my view on thing, I really thrive for discussions that make me think abit more on my stance on things. However religion and politics are probably the most sensible subjects to be discussed, so there has to be some kind of emotional influx in those discussions at some point and I think it could have slipped way worse than that. I don't know if people that are into religion hided the fact that they are, dodged the thread or read through and decided to not go in insult frenzy mode, but they showed some impressive control to not come out strong on that thread.

It's kind of like talking about sports, everyone has their way to see things, people will exchange their views, sometimes it will go emotional, but in the end most of them stick to the same opinion in the beginning.