Joe Cripple defeats Hakuin Ekaku!

Now both are very close in-game friends with me. Avon is a long-time friend and George is a new alliance-mate and I was very excited to see this fight. Crippler called out the unbeaten Ekaku and wanted to fight the best.

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=319151

Ekaku was 24-0! Sensational/Sensational/Exceptional/Brown vs. Strong/Wonderful/Remarkable/purple.

Ekaku being unbeaten was always one of the best fighters in the game and Crippler beat him and jumped to #5 P4P. Great win, probably the biggest upset in Tycoon history for me.

Congrats George and great fight Avon, I know Ekaku will come back even stronger.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i guess we can finally rule out the "it's impossible to catch up/defeat the older guard/primaries are godly" theory huh?

upset of the year? absolutely. nice win george. you should feel pretty damn good anytime you beat an avon fighter.

Holy shit. Personally I expected Ekaku to lose by TKO the first time around, but decisioning him with a far inferior fighter is way more impressive in my book. Congrats man!

Some back story. Last month, Clint Lomax (then 19-1) and Ekaku had signed to fight each other. Lomax's manager (stupid me) basically said "I got offered an easy matchup (Crippler), so let me beat this punk up and then Lomax will fight Ekaku". Crippler then beat the shit out of Lomax, handing him just his 2nd loss of his career. This ruined the Lomax/Ekaku fight and Crippler signed to fight Ekaku instead. Now Crippler defeats Ekaku. Amazing. Crippler has defeated 2 opponents in a row whose records were 43-1.

In the interest of keeping some rivalry going, I will point out that Crippler has never finished a good fighter. He may be smart enough to win decisions, but I'll put up a $20,000 bet that he can't finish Ekaku or Lomax in a rematch :)

Some back story. Last month, Clint Lomax (then 19-1) and Ekaku had signed to fight each other. Lomax's manager (stupid me) basically said "I got offered an easy matchup (Crippler), so let me beat this punk up and then Lomax will fight Ekaku". Crippler then beat the shit out of Lomax, handing him just his 2nd loss of his career. This ruined the Lomax/Ekaku fight and Crippler signed to fight Ekaku instead. Now Crippler defeats Ekaku. Amazing. Crippler has defeated 2 opponents in a row whose records were 43-1.

In the interest of keeping some rivalry going, I will point out that Crippler has never finished a good fighter. He may be smart enough to win decisions, but I'll put up a $20,000 bet that he can't finish Ekaku or Lomax in a rematch :)

I thought the Lomax win was huge too. Actually should be upset of the year. After he beat Lomax any other upset isnt that suprising IMO.

Teppo will take on Cripplers 190cm 130lbs skeleton any day of the week. Bring it.

Tappo could be a bad match up for Crippler but after these wins Im not counting him out ever! =) Make this fight happen!!

Congrats on the huge win, very impressive. Never though this would be the fight Ekaku lost.

well, i guess we can finally rule out the "it's impossible to catch up/defeat the older guard/primaries are godly" theory huh?

The way sliders work it's never been impossible to defeat "superior" fighters, catch up however depends on how you define it. Just look at Hoi, he beat some guys vastly superior to him in skills due to great sliders but as you can't get them right every time the skill differences eventually caught up to him.

Congrats on the huge win, very impressive. Never though this would be the fight Ekaku lost.

The way sliders work it's never been impossible to defeat "superior" fighters, catch up however depends on how you define it. Just look at Hoi, he beat some guys vastly superior to him in skills due to great sliders but as you can't get them right every time the skill differences eventually caught up to him.

Word.