ufc 131 SPOILER!!!!!!

Yeah, it was the same judge every time. Dana called him out in the press conference.

Which Judge was it? I hope it wasnt Bill Mahood. I was praising how it was good for fighters to be judges. You cant stop bias judging there will always be that but you would think it would stop incompetence. I hope i was not wrong in this case.

Judges need to watch the entire fight on the monitors. Screw the "human element" that people constantly argue in favor of. The fighters don't train their entire lives for them to be screwed by the "human element" of watching the fight cageside where you can only see half of whats going on.

Tradition makes no sense when it becomes a hindrance.

Judges need to watch the entire fight on the monitors. Screw the "human element" that people constantly argue in favor of. The fighters don't train their entire lives for them to be screwed by the "human element" of watching the fight cageside where you can only see half of whats going on.

Tradition makes no sense when it becomes a hindrance.

Maybe they should use like 7 judges. 3 ring side watching without monitors. 4 isolated backstage watching monitors. Best of both worlds. Also more judges would over rule incompetent ones. I wouldnt want to eliminate judges not watching the action. I have heard from too many people that the camera miss' lots of the action. Neither option is perfect though.

I agree totally about the tradition part, am a manic sports fan and watch pretty much anything. In tennis they use hawkeye as well as human, cricket they use video, rugby they use the big screen... I could go on. The point is that what you see with the human eye isn't always what happened so if using monitors means they see what we do and make the right call then that's the way forward

I think they should go down the football referee route however (soccer for you Americans) where not only do they have league tables based on performance, they also get fined for bad decisions and have to attend regular schooling and training to make sure they are a high enough standard to be involved in the matches

This way judges for combat sports will HAVE to know what they're looking at as much as the referee and so will make less bad decisions

einemo looked like a very good fighter but seemed to make the wrong decision more often than not...

omigawa easily won that, and i was embarrassed just watching it since im an american and i hate it when the asian orgs screw us over like that.

joey beltron vs aaron rosa is fight of the year candidate, without a doubt.

maia i think should have just stayed striking and he woulda won...

edwards made stout look bad,,, for a while :)

Cerronne couldnt finish a soft shell taco

thats my take on 131, a night of underrated fighters. too many of which dont know how to finish

12 of his 15 wins are submissions. All of Carwin's are finishes. Most of Jones' as well.

I know, I was just kidding.

Taking the sarcasm route.

I was there for 131. Great night of fights, although some really confusing judging definitely came in to play. I think Rosa's fight ended for him in that sequence when he got nut-shotted and then kneed in the head again on the way down. That was the beginning of the end for him.

Einemo looked awfully stationary though. He just didn't look very keen on the whole footwork concept.

Einemo sucked. It's just people trying to validate him training with Golden Glory.

Einemo sucked. It's just people trying to validate him training with Golden Glory.

Agree. He gassed. Dominated in the clinch. Couldnt keep the distance on the feet. Couldnt get it to the ground. Did nothing when he did. All verses a UFC newcomer who i have never been impressed with.

I figured out what the deal is with Einemo before the fight. He actually looked a lot better before his four year layoff. His personal life just got really messed up and he stopped fighting completely. Now he's heavy, slow and has striking defense at the same level of Marcus Jones. Obviously five months of training with a good team wasn't enough. He's 35 now and it's safe to say that he will retire without reaching his full potential.

I figured out what the deal is with Einemo before the fight. He actually looked a lot better before his four year layoff. His personal life just got really messed up and he stopped fighting completely. Now he's heavy, slow and has striking defense at the same level of Marcus Jones. Obviously five months of training with a good team wasn't enough. He's 35 now and it's safe to say that he will retire without reaching his full potential.

damn why we gotta bring the darkness into this?!

damn why we gotta bring the darkness into this?!

I don't know, I felt a bit sorry for him during the interviews. You saw that he tried hard to be optimistic, smiling all the time, but you could see that he wasn't very confident about it.

I don't know, I felt a bit sorry for him during the interviews. You saw that he tried hard to be optimistic, smiling all the time, but you could see that he wasn't very confident about it.

He ahd just gotten knocked out, give him a few weeks to get back to the drawing board.

He ahd just gotten knocked out, give him a few weeks to get back to the drawing board.

I meant before the fight, but you're right, let's wait and see.

joey beltron vs aaron rosa is fight of the year candidate, without a doubt.

Cerronne couldnt finish a soft shell taco

those two points above stick out to me as ridiculous...go take a look at Cowboy's record first. secondly, Beltron vs Rosa was sloppier than Griffin/Bonnar I or even KZ/Leonard Garcia I. at least the two fights i mentioned were entertaining. Beltron vs Rosa, while not boring to watch, isnt in the same league as the other fights. maybe im biased because it was two big, sloppy looking Hispanic dudes but you put two big Caucasian oafs in there and i woulda thought the same thing.