Rare retirement?

marioufc420

Who else would like it if every once in a while (say every 3 real life months ) instead of sacking one of your fighters and sending them to the Free agents list you could send one of your fighters straight to retirement. Because every once in a while you have a fighter you are really attached to say your first fighter you made or something and you don't want someone else to get them yet you don't want them to fight anymore or something. You would make it so that it could only happen once in a while like every 3 months or 4 months or something, maybe even one every year...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

After seeing one of the great fighter, James Tobin, is being ruined(no offense, just opinion) but an inexperienced manager and I would like to not see that for my own fighter, +1.

• Upvote 1

I think managers should have the choice of retiring or releasing the fighter. A lot of guys get cut after bad losses but they don't want the guy retired because he could be of use to another manager. But a lot of guys release fighters that they want to just retire.

• Upvote 1

Maybe once a fighter reachs a certain age or with the new changes a certain level of injuries, then they retire when you release them. Maybe something like above 35 years old, as I don't feel it should be the managers decision when the fighter retires. If you don't want someone else to use your fighter don't release them keep them as a training partner for newer fighters or just leave them in limbo, losing out on a fighter slot.

• Downvote 1

you are their MANAGER, not their OWNER. so no, i don't think you should be able to force retirement. just like you shouldn't be able to sell or trade them to another manager (slave trade).

although, i'd be fine with them retiring when sacked over a certain age though.

I have basically the same position on this. Having good fighters floating around the FA list is a good thing. And besides, I also get sentimentally attached to my fighters, but I don't mind if my released fighters go to a manager who runs them into the ground. If the fighter's record gets destroyed, that only means that their previous success was an indication of my slider prowess rather than solely the fighter's hiddens and stats. ;)

I have basically the same position on this. Having good fighters floating around the FA list is a good thing. And besides, I also get sentimentally attached to my fighters, but I don't mind if my released fighters go to a manager who runs them into the ground. If the fighter's record gets destroyed, that only means that their previous success was an indication of my slider prowess rather than solely the fighter's hiddens and stats. ;)

werd. i'm still very attached to my first creation (yura noobert), and i'll hang on to him until he retires. the rest are gonna have to take their chances when i cut them though :)

werd. i'm still very attached to my first creation (yura noobert), and i'll hang on to him until he retires. the rest are gonna have to take their chances when i cut them though :)

lol, I also still have my first creation. He started at 18 with an all feeble build (secondaries and physicals included) and absolutely no KO power. He is been fighting since day one and he's actually turned into a pretty decent fighter. He's 14-5 now, better than some of my "better builds" turned out to be! :P

lol, I also still have my first creation. He started at 18 with an all feeble build (secondaries and physicals included) and absolutely no KO power. He is been fighting since day one and he's actually turned into a pretty decent fighter. He's 14-5 now, better than some of my "better builds" turned out to be! :P

my guy started with a crap build as well, and is a HORRIBLE learner. like literally half the speed of my next-slowest learner lol. he has good hiddens though, and managed to beat some pretty good fighters without having any secondaries above superb (just one at remarkable) before i made him a personal sparbot. i just recently brought him out of retirement for one fight (hasn't happened yet), as a favor to an org owner that had a manager that didn't want to accept a fight against any fighter that didn't already have a submission loss. well, noobert has several of them, but he's now a red belt :lol:

If you dont want someone else to have them. Let them waste a slot on your roster. Wanting the power to choose to retire someone is very shitty. Doesnt matter if its cuz of sentimental value, fear of shit record, or whatever. If you feel the guy cant serve you nemore, get rid of him and dont look back. Since sparbots use secondaries/experience and shiz, thats an option as well.

The arguments against this are laughable.

Slave trade? Are you serious? Yet it's our responsibility to dress our fighters once they soil their clothes and we have to tell them what classes to train in, when to train. No to mention we have full control over them in a fight if we so choose.

We can force drugs down their throat, dress them, tell them where to train, what to do in a fight, what org to sign with, where to spend their money, but we can't tell them to retire?? C'mon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Slave trade? Are you serious? Yet it's our responsibility to dress our fighters once they soil their clothes and we have to tell them what classes to train in, when to train. No to mention we have full control over them in a fight if we so choose.

We can force drugs down their throat, dress them, tell them where to train, what to do in a fight, what org to sign with, where to spend their money, but we can't tell them to retire?? C'mon.

Well, I'm not sure about laughable. The fact remains that it is good for the game for quality fighters to be floating around the FA list. That's why there are free agents in the first place. It just seems kind of petty to want to retire your fighters just because you don't want others (probably newer and less experienced managers) to learn how to play the game with them. If we can tell them to retire why not just do away with the FA list altogether?

Well, I'm not sure about laughable. The fact remains that it is good for the game for quality fighters to be floating around the FA list. That's why there are free agents in the first place. It just seems kind of petty to want to retire your fighters just because you don't want others (probably newer and less experienced managers) to learn how to play the game with them. If we can tell them to retire why not just do away with the FA list altogether?

You're absolutely right. That's why the OP said once every three or four months. There would still be plenty of guys in the FA pool.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

laughable? perhaps you haven't read the homepage site intro for a while:

MMA Tycoon is a free to play MMA Management Simulator, populated by thousands of Mixed Martial Arts fans from around the world!

if it's a MANAGEMENT SIMULATOR, then you shouldn't be able to force fighters to retire. period. yes calling it a slave trade is a bit of exaggeration for effect, but the point is perfectly valid.

laughable? perhaps you haven't read the homepage site intro for a while:

MMA Tycoon is a free to play MMA Management Simulator, populated by thousands of Mixed Martial Arts fans from around the world!

if it's a MANAGEMENT SIMULATOR, then you shouldn't be able to force fighters to retire. period. yes calling it a slave trade is a bit of exaggeration for effect, but the point is perfectly valid.

I can't compete with this logic.

With the new training deterioration you can probably get their stats to go down low enough that they wouldn't be of much use to anyone.

I'm all for an option to retire them past a certain age. I wouldn't want to see some of the legends picked up by noobs long after age has gotten to them and make them look silly. A rare retire option would even be helpful to the noobs in more cases than not.

i dont know about you guys? but my fighters want to be fighters! so they'll fight in mmatycoon for as long as there is a manager out there that believes in them and will give them a chance.....my guys are always more than thrilled to potentially help a younger manager prosper in this game :)

hoping for anything less is pure selfishness in my completely honest opinion

• Upvote 1

I don't really get the argument of I loved the fighter and hate to see them ruined by another manager, if you are so emotionally attached then why get rid of them regardless of their record or whatever other reason you are using to justify their release/retirement?

Way I see my fighters they are all expendable and when I run out of use of them, or just get bored and decide its time to begin again, they go to the FA market and I forget about them totally, if another manager gets them good for them hope they can do well if they retire then I wish them good luck in their sunny retreat.

• Upvote 1