New World, New Express

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Goliath764/newworld.png

Station #1 - Hilo

July 2 | Extreme Fight Championship | LHW | Tony Soprano | W(UD)

Fight Link: Clickie

July 16 | Blitzkrieg | WW | Tommy Boyce | L(KO:Punch)

Station #2 - Los Angeles

August 4 | Ascension | MW | Matt Sabre | W(UD)

August 20 | Ascension | MW | Royce SilvA | L(Sub:Triangle)

Station #3 - Las Vegas

September 3 | GAMMA | MW | Rolen Spliff | W(UD)

September 17 | Undisputed Fighting Championship | WW | Anthony Stark | W(KO:Punches)

Station #4 - New York

October 2 | PWNAGE MMA/K1 | MW | Hal Jordan | W(TKO:Strikes)

October 26 | Big Apple Combat | WW | Rauno Vittala | W(TKO:Strikes)

Station #5 - Montreal

November 18 | Maple Leaf Combat | WW | Waldorf Astoria | L(UD)

December 3 | Warrior FC | WW | Peter Albs | L(UD)

Station #6 - Rio de Janeiro

Undefined | Available

Undefined | Available

• Upvote 1

Station 1-1 | EFC 84: Tanner vs Maia | Tony Soprano

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=324323

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.

Judge Andi Peters scores the fight 24:30

Judge Gordon Ramsey scores the fight 24:30

Judge Frank Skinner scores the fight 24:30

In favor of your winner, by unanimous decision... Johnny Chan!

- Chan shakes the hand of Soprano before Soprano leaves the cage. The crowd isn't cheer as mad as they should be since this is only a decision. The wait isn't very long for the commentator and also the interviewer to go up to the cage. -

Interviewer | David Cody

Alright, we are here with the winner, Johnny Chan! So first question, how does it feel securing a dominating win to fire off your tour and against a very good fighter like Tony Soprano?

The NEW Oriental Express | Johnny Chan

It certainly feels great. I am definitely forgetting how it feels to win now because of my shitty outing recently. Today I did good and I get the win I want, it's definitely good. As for Tony Soprano, that dude is a tough customer for sure. He has knockout power, sick striking skill and he is tough to finish. He's 1111 in his record and I glad I put the digit "2" in the right place and the place I want it to be.

Interviewer | David Cody

This is your first light heavyweight bout, tell us a little bit about the weight gain and your opinion on the weight class.

I am not a natural light heavyweight fighter so putting the weight is not a very delightful process for me. Still, I am up for it since I believe I can take on someone that is heavier than me and I did so tonight. I know I have the speed advantage and perhaps technique as well so I use that to my advantage, hitting him before he can hit me.

Interviewer | David Cody

Is the constant clinching part of your game plan? Not like I would ask that a lot but you are the smaller fighter in this one. Also, the kicks. It's not normal to see you go for that many kicks in a match.

I was planning to answer this in another interview but guess I will explain a bit. Now, I am the NEW express now and that means, I try to add things into my arsenal. Kicks, is part of the add-on. As for the clinching, yes, it's part of my plan as I see that as a hole in Soprano's game as of this moment and it's stupid to not exploit it. He might have the raw strength but I believe my clinchwork is very good so I try that. Well, I can always break it if I feel I am not doing well there.

Interviewer | David Cody

And since we are on the topic of your tour, tell us a little bit about it.

- Johnny Chan gets the mic and looks around the fans. -

Alright, EFC fans. You all heard this shit first hand now. I am here to take out whoever that are in my way, I am here to dominate the Americans scene. The fighters in the Americans scene better be prepared for The NEW Oriental Express. They are on my list and I will gladly take them out to be the most wanted man in Americans. Mark my word, this is the beginning of my domination in the New World.

- Johnny Chan gives the mic with a smirk on his face. -

Interviewer | David Cody

And there's the winner for you all, thank you for the visit.

- Johnny Chan shakes the interviewer's hand before leaving the cage with the cheer going around the arena. He shakes the hand of some fans on his way out. -

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

- After 2-2 in the first four fights of the tour, Johnny Chan sits down with interviewer of the one of the USA biggest MMA news programme, Bruce Storey for an interview before his his fifth fight. -

Interviewer | Bruce Storey

Thanks for accepting the interview as things has been pretty quiet between you and your tour. So, how about some update?

Well, the update isn't update for now since you can just type in Johnny Chan in Wikipedia to find out the result of my tour. I am still here and I am still kicking ass so that's it I guess.

Speaking of the tour, the current result as of this moment is 2-2, how would you rate your performance so far?

It sucks to be honest with you. The MMA world is truly evolving very fast and I somehow feel that I am not fast enough in catching up to it. The stand and bang era is long gone and I have to learn some new trick to stay in business in this cruel world. I expect to not lose too many times in the entire tour but I guess 2-2 is what I has to deal with by fighting the best Americas has to offer me. It's been fun so far so I am not complaining. I am still testing myself to determine what would I do after the tour.

Oh, what is your plan after the tour?

It depends. This tour is kind of a revaluation of my status so I can see how I can truly do in a national level. After that, I will either go back to Japan, try out a new place or perhaps hang up my gloves if I think I can't fight at the level I would like to be.

I certainly hope you don't hang up your gloves so early. Anyway, speaking of evolving, I think it's kind of tough being in such a tight schedule so what do you think of it? You are fine with it or you prefer to have a longer time to prepare between each fight?

To be frank, I realize I need time to prepare after the first four fights of the tour but since I have decided to commit to the tour, I cannot change much so I will just try my best to learn something in a short time and go out there to fight. I don't back away and I don't break promise. It's my decision and I will deal with it.

So, let's talk about the four fights. You won two by decisions but then all two loses are by finishes, what your thoughts on that?

It means I need to work on both my offense and defense. I don't think I am that old to not knock someone out because they can see my fists going their way slow, it's just that I need to readjust myself and use my variation of strikes to get a killing shot in. As for defense, I really need them now especially since all my opponents are top class fighter. I know I have to be very careful with them now and should fight a technical fight or not just go all bang out.

So, do you like the constant traveling? What about adapting the jet lag and also your take on homesick.

Constant traveling is fine for me. I don't like airplane too much but I don't hate it either. Jet lag is well, a problem for sure but since I am not going for a world tour but an Americans tour, the jet lag isn't that huge so I can adapt it in a few days no problem. Homesick, well, not really. I stay single so I don't have to deal with homesick and oh-I-miss-you type of scenario. For now, I give my entire life to MMA so until then, I will just be a man without family, beast inside the cage. I don't have to deal with missing people and my girlfriend or wife won't have to deal with that too. It's a win-win for me or perhaps I am just a loner inside.

So, anything you want to share about your next opponent, Rolen Spliffs?

He's a striker, I am a striker so it's time to bang it out I guess. I just have to figure out how to get inside of him since he's taller and heavier, definitely not easy you never know. I should really consider getting some welterweight fight in the rest of the tour since the jump to light heavyweight and middleweight really is too much for me. Still, I don't back down even if he's a giant, I will still keep on fighting until I am down so bring it on.

Okay, thanks for the interview and good luck in your tour.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

* Hey there, Johnny Chan here. Well, let's start this shit by rewinding back to 9 days ago, the day I final-freaking-ly get a fight. Well, I was eating at Le Gourmet Burger that time, swallowing burgers like a boss. Man, I just missed it too much and I am not supposed to eat them in a tour but then my manager pretty much half-assed the tour and I am stuck with no fight for quite some time now. I kept my weight good for a few days but when the wait was too long, I decided to just get some foods from hell just to calm myself down so I won't kill my manager when I met him. In the middle of enjoying the taste of forbidden, my phone rang and no shit, it was my manager. *

Lazy Manager | Ryan Anderson

Hey mate, found an opponent for you. However there's some change on the venue though. The fight on Maple Leaf Combat will go first.

Like I give a shit where I am fighting, that's your job, dude. Now just amaze me with who I am fighting on MLC.

Well, he's the #5 welterweight of the world right now...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15w4.jpg

Waldorf Astoria!!!

*My manager continued with his mumbling on the phone with all the bullshit detail I could care less about while I am stuck on the words, "Waldorf Astoria". "The mother fucking World Reowned" Waldorf Astoria, the tough S.O.B. that gave me my first loss at PFL 76 and the worst thing was that he outstruck me easily and finished me off in round 1. I could forget about almost everything in my life but not this man, not that one second he landed flash with his uppercut on my chin, not the rain of punches he gave me afterward.

I could feel it, my heart pumping fast, the adrenaline rushing through my veins, my blood flowing around my body so fast that not even the cholesterol of 1,000 burgers could block it from running around my body. I grinned, without even noticed about it and all the negative feeling about my manager flew right away from my mind.*

So...the world no.5 against the world no.6, deal?

I don't care what fucking number he was on, deal.

*I ordered another burger right away to celebrate my revenge, or to be more precise, my chance to get my revenge. Now, back to the current time, just few days away from the fight, and here I am inside a tv station for a pre-fight interview. Well, this was a world class fight so the attention is definitely there.*

Interviewer | Annie Haas

Thank you for taking your time for the interview, Johnny Chan. To start off the interview, let's talk about your American Tour. After an average 2-2 start, you did great job afterward to boost the record to a very impressive 6-2 and also with 3 knockouts among the 4 matches, what do you think is the biggest factor that brings the A game back to you?

The bad start of my tour gives me the motivation to do better. It just sucks to launch a tour and then did badly on it because that makes you look very stupid. It's like you are challenging the world when you are not even at the level to deserve the challenge. I don't want to that to happen, I don't want this tour to go up on Wikipedia as one of the lamest MMA fighter tour so I try my best to do good and when you think you are the best in the world, nothing is impossible.

*The interviewer paused for awhile, probably thinking of another question.*

Interviewer | Annie Haas

Well, you are on a 4 wins streak that boosted you to become the #6 in the world and #46 in the P4P list, how do you feel coming back to the top of the world ranking-wise after quite some down time after your initial 15 winning streak is broken?

I am glad to...not sure if this is an appropriate word, "revive" my career back to the top. It really is quite a long time before my second coming and now that I am here, I want to stay here. I feel good to be on top of the world and it's a feeling that I will not get from anything else.

Interviewer | Annie Haas

Riding with significant momentum, you are once again going inside the cage with the now an inductee into the Hall of Fame, Waldorf Astoria. He's the one that broke your momentum and aura of immortality in PFL 76 and through the work of fate, you are going against your rival for a second time, what's your thought about your opponent?

*I feel a very unique mix of hatred and thrill inside myself. The hatred is not to Astoria but to myself that I didn't perform well the first time around. Still, I try my best to hide my emotion from the interviewer as I prefer to keep my image as one without many emotions*

It might be fate to meet him again when I am back to the top but I will create my own fate when I step into the cage with Astoria this weekend. I want my revenge and that can only be achieved by beating him, preferably with a knockout, this weekend. I respect him but at the same time, I want to crush him. This is probably the biggest fight of my tour so I will do everything I can to secure the win and move up from top 6 to perhaps top 2 or 3.

Interviewer | Annie Haas

It has been a long time so obviously you two are not going to be the same. What do you think is your biggest asset in this fight?

Definitely my will to win and my previous experience with him. I am the one taking the beating so I know more of him than he know more of me technique-wise. Now that I have refined my techniques, I believe I can do much much better than my previous fight with him.

Interviewer | Annie Haas

This is probably a standup clash for all three rounds. Do you agree on this statement?

I know that he has an underrated ground game and he can bring the fight to the ground but I doubt he will do it. He has always been the one to stand and bang with his opponent so he's likely to stand and bang with me as well, just like the good old time. So yes, I agree that this is going to be a standup clash but this one will not go past the second round as I am going to bring it to him this time. He should be ashamed of himself if he try to bring this fight to the ground because that means him, a world class striker, just pussy out of a striking battle.

Interviewer | Annie Haas

Thank you for the interview and good luck in your Chan/Astoria II.

My pleasure.

*The interview ends there but my intention to destroy Waldorf Astoria will not go away. See you in the cage again, Waldorf Astoria and this time, my hand - crushed your face a minute ago - will be raised in front of the 2,000 crowd in Hayashi's Lounge.*

I notice the final date is available on this tour, any chance you want another shot at Royce SilvA? If you beat Astoria and Silva beats Meighen (neither one a very easy task what so ever) we could do it in Blitz Rio?

Dude if he's going to fight someone on his tour that he's already beaten, it should be my guy Hal Jordan Hell my guy was undefeated and was winning the first round. Josh, I'd even sign with Ascension just to do it :)

I'd love to host that fight, thing is, I was asking if HE wanted a rematch. Royce subbed him back in August.

I notice the final date is available on this tour, any chance you want another shot at Royce SilvA? If you beat Astoria and Silva beats Meighen (neither one a very easy task what so ever) we could do it in Blitz Rio?

I'm afraid that whole scenario is just academic.

@Joshwrightinc

I prefer to not do it in Blitz Rio because the Blitz franchise has hosted a fight for me(Of course you could argue about Ascension hosting two fights of the tour but that's because Absolution merged into it and I am honoring my agreement) since I want to try on another org. I also prefer a new opponent just to add variety but if it is logical for me to accept the rematch, I have no objection but I would prefer to fight on another org in Rio. After all, I never really fight in Rio so every org there is new to me.

@Agrippa

We will see.

@Beastside

Prefer to fight a new opponent and I agreed to figth Hal Joudan because of the lack of choice actually as I would prefer to figth more on WW than to go MW again so it's not very likely I will give you a rematch in short term.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I just realized that Warbringer cannot be found in Rio de Janeiro anymore and well, I need an org(not sure I want to do two) to fight in Rio, so anyone see this message and is interested in Chan, please PM me. If no one PM me I will just PM everyone org in Rio a few days later.