I think I am beginning to lose my Enjoyment

With 24 training sessions in 2 weeks that's at the very most that's 10 (including 1 sparring session for each discipline) sessions devoted to maintaince leaving 12 or so sessions to improve other areas...

What has the change done?? It's has stopped people from creating fighters in "god mode" which is great for this game, we will see style match ups which of course means slider fu will be most important for the top fighters, which unlike before the changes patience being a managers biggest asset.

First part.

Well, that's not far off of what i was saying (was talking about 3-4). Include 2 sessions for resting which leave us with 10, meaning 4-5 per week (1 for some secondary if needed). Fine, we'll improve slower and as it is now, wonderful primary is considered (imo) as a need for defensive prim, maybe in few months superb or strong will be the case. It's not like change only affects me, we are all in the same boat. But, i can understand that people don't like to lose something in what they've invested lot of time into.

Second part. I agree with the god mode part, double elite at 23-24 years is rediculous as it is, quad sens also and change was needed. Otherwise we would end up with 36-38 years old with no decline in skills whatsoever. Better this then to slow training overall. But you cannot deny it will require more micromanagment and that wasn't the case before where you could setup am sessions one thing to improve and pm other one.

Well, i think i've found my way around it(micromanagment) so no biggie. Adapt and move on... :coffee:

p.s.

see, your answer was very well articulated. Screaming close the doors, no one will miss you, see you when you come back and other insulting teenage copypaste shit is what grinds my gears as Peter would say...

Sessions used for maintenance will still improve you, it's not like all those sessions are wasted. You're just a bit more limited in the amount of sessions per week you can use to train whatever you want if you want to avoid decline.

Yip, mentioned before, seems like we came to conclusion.

To be quite honest it doesn't even require that much micro-managing... I know with my highest skilled guys, I think there may be a few with skills that may need a session every 2 weeks to keep at the current level (but those sessions also improve them)

It just means before setting your training for the week you need to look at one other page before deciding on a schedule...

Where I think, and I could be wrong people's main issue is coming from is that they can't stick a guy in strike defence training for for 3-4 weeks and then punch tech for another 3-4.. weeks... How dare anyone break the norm and make you bring multiple primaries/secondaries and physicals up at the same time.

How dare anyone break the norm and make you bring multiple primaries/secondaries and physicals up at the same time.

Always trained like this and can't say I see much of a difference yet except more circuits.

• Upvote 1

I haven't changed the training for any of my fighters and NONE of them are in any danger of their physicals, primary or secondaries dropping so I don't get all the panic I see.

I think a lot of people are forgetting tickers reset after a fight too, the beasts who 'need' maintintinace will be fighting I expect and so they will need less then people seem to think imo.

Seriously I thought this change was going to be huge and really effect how the game is played but honestly I haven't even noticed a change at all so far even for my guys with some Sensational/Elite secondaries. If anything I will need to maybe drop 1 or 2 sessions and give them over to CT's but that is a tiny price to pay!

• Upvote 2

I have an Elite/exceptional/remarkable/blue belt with sensational punc, sensantional strike def, exceptional kicks and not 1 of his secondary tickers requires any sort of maintaince.

His physicals do will require a couple of sessions per week to maintain and form the looks of it 1 sparring session of each discipline maybe every 2 weeks..

With 24 training sessions in 2 weeks that's at the very most that's 10 (including 1 sparring session for each discipline) sessions devoted to maintaince leaving 12 or so sessions to improve other areas...

It's certainly not rocket science to do added to the fact a fight resets everything and I really don't see the big deal over maintaince. The same fighter doesn't even have the highest total skill points of my fighters the ones that have higher are in the same boat as him...

What has the change done?? It's has stopped people from creating fighters in "god mode" which is great for this game, we will see style match ups which of course means slider fu will be most important for the top fighters, which unlike before the changes patience being a managers biggest asset.

Couldn't agree more

The one thing that I think has changed is that Tycoon has definitely become a game that needs daily maintenance.

To most of us Tycoon addicts that is no big deal. To those that play it as a fun hobby it may be, not sure.

The days of setting your training on Sunday for the week and only worrying about fight sliders may be gone.

Again this is not a complaint as I am pretty much on the site every day, just an observation. It would be nice if there was a training auto pilot for going on vacation and so forth that would automatically train your fighter in something approaching the red, but I guess that could defeat the purpose.

The only concern I could see is the bringing in of new managers. Like Jbomb said the changes were needed, but to someone who was not a regular player of this game. Damn that wiki could look overwhelming.

I sent the link to this game to a buddy of mine and told him how great the game was and his response was something along the lines of, "My hair hurts just from looking at that thing. Graphs, pie charts, maintenance. Wha? It's mma, I just want to punch someone and see how i did, no thanks." haha

Granted this isn't a game for those who just want to "punch someone" but it could be a bit complicated now for those who have not been playing right along.

Only time will tell.

• Upvote 2

The average player of this game would never have even reached a level where a fighter deteriorates before these changes. The improved training at low levels might have some of them manage to reach those levels now but if they play that long they are far beyond being scared away by it being complicated.

The average player of this game would never have even reached a level where a fighter deteriorates before these changes. The improved training at low levels might have some of them manage to reach those levels now but if they play that long they are far beyond being scared away by it being complicated.

I meant bringing in new guys, not that people currently playing would be scared off.

Yea, that was my point, new guys won't have guys that need maintenance in a long time. By then they are either hooked or gone. And with the other changes their guys will improve faster so I think chances are great new people stay now than before the changes.

Yea, that was my point, new guys won't have guys that need maintenance in a long time. By then they are either hooked or gone. And with the other changes their guys will improve faster so I think chances are great new people stay now than before the changes.

Yeah, but that's not what I meant. I didnt mean that the actual gameplay is difficult and will cause new players to quit, because they cant get the hang of it.

I meant that if you have never played the game before it can look pretty overwhelming to grasp all this and many may not try.

Like I said my buddy (who is quite possibly just lazy) looked at Tycoon and thought wow it seems awesome. He then asked me a few questions and I pointed him to the wiki and he ran for the hills, haha.

Yeah, but that's not what I meant. I didnt mean that the actual gameplay is difficult and will cause new players to quit, because they cant get the hang of it.

I meant that if you have never played the game before it can look pretty overwhelming to grasp all this and many may not try.

Like I said my buddy (who is quite possibly just lazy) looked at Tycoon and thought wow it seems awesome. He then asked me a few questions and I pointed him to the wiki and he ran for the hills, haha.

So true! I have one guy who also Latvian and what my help about this games! But its so hard event to explain him everything about it and for him to understand it by himself its just to much it would take a good 3months for new guy to understand whats going on in this game but i dont think some one will even try to do that! The older people who are smarter probably will understand it faster but they dont have the time to read all this stuff but the younger guys like him who is only 15 its just impossible for him to learn all this stuff.

I agree with the general feeling.

Is quite simple: The sparring changes bring betterment for the game but the skill maintenance and injury decreasing are a step into the wrong way cause the overwhelming micromanagement. :wacko:

dude, stop having a panic attack and posting the exact same thing in every thread. i'd be willing to bet that out of the last 20 posts you have made, 19 have been complaining about injuries (which you don't even know the extent of yet), and skill maintenance (which you don't seem to understand the purpose of).

just take some deep breaths and see how it goes for a little while.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

dude, stop having a panic attack and posting the exact same thing in every thread. i'd be willing to bet that out of the last 20 posts you have made, 19 have been complaining about injuries (which you don't even know the extent of yet), and skill maintenance (which you don't seem to understand the purpose of).

just take some deep breaths and see how it goes for a little while.

:OMG: Are you in love for me? Or are just stalking me? Look at who is talking about repeat the same things over an over. You tend to kidnap every topic speaking ever the same stuff.

Anyway, you are not my kind and i hope i still have the right to express myself so please don`t feel the need to answer every post i do. B)

• Upvote 1

:OMG: Are you in love for me? Or are just stalking me? Look at who is talking about repeat the same things over an over. You tend to kidnap every topic speaking ever the same stuff.

Anyway, you are not my kind and i hope i still have the right to express myself so please don`t feel the need to answer every post i do. B)

don't worry, i left your identical posts in the other threads alone ;)

and no, i'm not "stalking" you. i'm on the forums a lot from work, so i respond to things that i see. and when i see the same person post the SAME thing over and over, i'll usually respond to it in some form or another. and no, i'm not kidnapping any topics lol.

and no, i'm not kidnapping any topics lol.

Hands up..... get in the back of the van Mr Topic..... if you ever wanna see another topic again then I suggest you do what we say.....:D

I agree with the general feeling.

Is quite simple: The sparring changes bring betterment for the game but the skill maintenance and injury decreasing are a step into the wrong way cause the overwhelming micromanagement. :wacko:

With injuries affecting maintanance i actually don't have problem. Was pissed about it until i heard it takes about 300 days accumulated and if you have around 10 per fight, that's still 30 fights before it even starts to do serious damage. By then your age hidden could kick in if you roll lousy roll and come up with 28 years.

And 30 fights is still a lot of time to enjoy your fighter. I mean, look at some irl guys with over 30 mma fights; Mirko, Minotaur, Wandy and you'll see what it did to them...By the time these have effects, your projects will be in line to replace them. And circle starts again.

As for sparring, it is great for new guys and on the whole. But for me it a more of a hassle as a private gym owner, previously i could just spar 1on1, nowdays i need 5 of my guys sparring, but then again i came to solution but will see more this sunday. In the end, you can still spar 1on1 with 12% less gain. Shit as it is but still viable option. Hoped my dummies will have more stars, 3 of those are at 4, one is even 3.5 and he's elite+. Good thing they are still viable to new fighters with 1-2 stars ;)