Amy Winehouse found dead

kezz

While it is sad to hear of anyone passing away, maybe it was for the best for her as now maybe she can rest easily. Been a lot of tortured years for her and the drink and drug addictions really took control

Real waste of massive talent but its no surprise as its been on the cards for years with the amount of heroin she put in herself. Thoughts are with her parents

Sh1t yeah sorry guys I thought I put it in the general descussions section soz guyz.

We all do it by mistake once in a while. No biggie. Just ask a mod to move it. I do agree it is sad she didn't find proper help before it was too late, but it seemed she really just didn't want help.

Welcome to the club Amy

http://i52.tinypic.com/mmg1fb.jpg

Not sure if she was good enough to join those.

Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones.

Strange occurrence though. That's a cursed age or something...

I hate to say this, but I think she might have OD'ed on purpose, because "Hey, I'm 27, and all the coolest people die at 27.". Edit: Assuming she OD'ed, which is very likely.

Jokes aside, this was inevitable and I kind of agree with Mike Towers.

I know it shouldn't, but this got to me more a lot more than the Oslo news. I don't get why even after this some people still think it's funny. I saw her perform once. She looked so bad I wondered how she was able to stand, let alone perform. I wouldn't be surprised if she purposely took her own life. She was obviously already in bad shape and above that ridiculed for it and exploited. Maybe she saw no way out.

I know it shouldn't, but this got to me more a lot more than the Oslo news. I don't get why even after this some people still think it's funny. I saw her perform once. She looked so bad I wondered how she was able to stand, let alone perform. I wouldn't be surprised if she purposely took her own life. She was obviously already in bad shape and above that ridiculed for it and exploited. Maybe she saw no way out.

She also had a real scumbag of a father.

Saw this comming years ago and i'm actually suprised it took until now for her to kill herself with either drink or drugs.

Sure you don't like to hear of anyone dying so young, hell she's just a year older then me! but there is no-one but herself to blame for what has happened here.

I have no sympathy, if she wants to keep injecting herself with junk every day wasn't everyone expecting it anyway

Saw this comming years ago and i'm actually suprised it took until now for her to kill herself with either drink or drugs.

Sure you don't like to hear of anyone dying so young, hell she's just a year older then me! but there is no-one but herself to blame for what has happened here.

Why do people vote down these things? I agree with everything that they said, she did this to herself so she doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy.

You guys have a pretty simplistic thought process. I know a few people who destroyed themselves with drugs. They were pretty messed up before they touched anything. My uncle ran from home at 16 because he got tired of the beatings he got from his father. Maybe if he had a normal father he would've been strong enough not to let the drugs get to him. There are a lot of junkies who abuse drugs because reality isn't too nice to them. And the more they do it, the worse it gets.

You guys have a pretty simplistic thought process. I know a few people who destroyed themselves with drugs. They were pretty messed up before they touched anything. My uncle ran from home at 16 because he got tired of the beatings he got from his father. Maybe if he had a normal father he would've been strong enough not to let the drugs get to him. There are a lot of junkies who abuse drugs because reality isn't too nice to them. And the more they do it, the worse it gets.

Agreed. People usually have a reason they end up getting into that shit. Really annoyed at how most media outlets portray drug addiction.

people taking shots at a dead person is the absolute worst thing in the world. unless that person was evil like the hitlers and idi amins of this world, then stfu if you have nothing nice to say. im not the biggest amy winehouse fan but its a tragic death. a life has been cut short. even if she did it herself ts not for u to judge. everyone has shit they struggle with. no one is perfect. to come and say shit like, "she deserved it" is just ridiculous and practically inhumane.not only are her fans grieving(of which there are many) but also her loved ones. people get into drugs for a variety of reasons. its not always their fault and its NEVER easy to escape it. some(like myself) are LUCKY enough to never get pulled in. its not for you to judge. it doesnt make u better. it only makes u luckier. so, fuck you and your high horses!! fuck u, fucking simpletons!!

Come on guys I didnt put this thread up for people to talk trash about her I know there was a lot of traggic thing happen in Amys life but she doesnt deserve to be dissed I put this thread up to pay tribute to her.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/kezzthorpe/amy_winehouse07.jpg

RIP Amy Whinehouse

Debatable. She was kinda trashy but she could actually sing.

Much like Janis Joplin.

Really? She was a very good singer, but not in the same league success-wise as the others. It's not even a debate.

She was mildly successful, and had like one hit.

You can't compare her to musicians like Cobain, Hendrix, and the others.

Really? She was a very good singer, but not in the same league success-wise as the others. It's not even a debate.

She was mildly successful, and had like one hit.

You can't compare her to musicians like Cobain, Hendrix, and the others.

It's all a matter of opinion. She contributed quite a bit to music, and she paved the way(voice, style) for people like Adele, and Duffy, and in my honest opinion she was miles ahead of Adele.

I was mainly commenting on another great artist/singer gone at the age of 27. Is she in the same league as the other people on that image? We can debate that all day. I don't think Cobain was in the same league as Hendrix or Morrison. I didn't like Nirvana before or after he died. But I can still appreciate what they did for the industry, and they probably changed the landscape of music more than anyone else in the last twenty years.

And success-wise, she's up there.

Brian Jones: Died in a swimming pool.

Jimi Hindrix: Choked on his own vomit.

Janis Joplin: OD

Morrison: Who the hell knows?

Cobain: Suicide

Does it also serve them right? Good fucking riddance?

It's just sad. They were all taken away too soon, even if what they did was a contributing factor.

Back to black was the number 1 album on every major market for quite some time. She sold more than 11 million of what was only her second album. She was pretty big and a lot of people hoped it was the beginning of something and not the end.

let the fucking haters and wankers continue to do that. i wasn't her biggest fan. i liked the singles from back to black but i never listened to the album; so theres no sentiments from side. but fuck all you negative nancy's who think its 'cool' to make fun of dead people. assholes

let the fucking haters and wankers continue to do that. i wasn't her biggest fan. i liked the singles from back to black but i never listened to the album; so theres no sentiments from side. but fuck all you negative nancy's who think its 'cool' to make fun of dead people. assholes

It's obviously not cool to make fun of dead people but can't people have an opinion? You see it as being negative but it's people's opinion. She did this to herself and continued to harm herself. It's never good that someone dies but I have no sympathy for her. No-one has a good enough reason to drug themselves up year after year, refuse help and continue to do it.

• Downvote 1