Names on Sparring Schedule

Manfred

I think it should be changed to star rating only, no names. For a couple reasons:

- No one should ever be able to see what or how often you are sparring.

- Star rating is hidden from the public for a reason, this seems to defeat the purpose.

The main disadvantage is for those in public gyms or even org gyms. Here's a scenario:

I get a fight scheduled against a guy with exceptional MT. I can just join the gym and go through the sessions and see not only if/what/how often he's sparring, but just how exceptional that MT really is. I know there are more factors (experience, physicals, ect) in the star rating, but you get the point.

If he's in a public gym or even an org gym, (since I'm fighting him, one can assume my fighter is on the org list as well) he's at a HUGE disadvantage, IMO.

• Upvote 2

Fully agree, I think it's important to see the stars, but the names is just bad. If it's a private gym then that's one thing(if it's easy to code to distinguish between the two). But yea names in a public gym makes it so you might as well have the sparring stars on the fighter's home page.

• Upvote 2

I'd probably say the opposite should happen. Show the names but not the stars. Why can't you walk in to an mma gym and see who is sparring? Oh look, there's bob, jim and steve doing some wrestling sparring. Let me look on the board and see when else they are scheduled.

That is 100% plausible.

Knowing what their star-rating is, though, is not. You don't look at Bob and say "Oh, he's a 3 star. I don't think I want to spar with him"....

I'd probably say the opposite should happen. Show the names but not the stars. Why can't you walk in to an mma gym and see who is sparring? Oh look, there's bob, jim and steve doing some wrestling sparring. Let me look on the board and see when else they are scheduled.

That is 100% plausible.

Knowing what their star-rating is, though, is not. You don't look at Bob and say "Oh, he's a 3 star. I don't think I want to spar with him"....

Not entirely plausible. The difference is, right now Quintin Jackson can't walk into Jackson's MMAs and see what Jon Jones is doing because they are scheduled to fight.

Also, the regulars at the gym (which is what this feature is supposed to be for) WOULD normally know what "Bob's" star rating is and avoid sparring with him if he much lower than them

Not everything in this game needs to emulate realism.

• Upvote 1

meh, i think it's pretty reasonable the way it is now, but i don't care that much one way or the other. however, if things are changed to only show the stars, then they should still show your own fighter's names on the sparring list to avoid confusion.

keep in mind that one of the reasons that names were added is so gym owners can track things, which is a good thing. personally i think the names should stay.

My MT spar bot is 4 star boxer with feeble++ boxing and 4 star MT with Elite- MT. After seeing that I have no idea how it all works. His boxing secondaries and physicals are pretty mediocre so I don't think his MT should be higher, I just don't understand how he is a 4 star boxer.

Basically I don't think it's as revealing as we all think unless the fighter is really high primary and really low star.

• Upvote 1