New business company - Rehabilitation clinics 2

sergio

Rehabilitation clinics  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• It's great. Makes the game more realistic and more competitive.
    • Good. I think it will be a bit tricky, but it will be interesting.
    • I think bad. It may be hard to keep them without injury.

Well, thread descreption says it all. We got injuries already implemented in a sense that you can't fight for selected days (you can but you will suck). Also, somewhere I've read that those injuries stack up so, for example, if you endure lot of damage to your hands, your KO power goes down (someone confirm this?). Further, Mike has already stated that he is thinking of making injury days also affect your training efficiency. In other words, things will get rough.

This situation will probably lead to another old vs. new managers, where those who had trained during injury period getting the upper hand. We can at least use this opportinity to bring new business company(or money sink? cool.gif into game. I know this proposition would need some HUGE amount of programming but, here goes nothing:

Rehabilitation clinic options:

- diagnose - requiers 1 day[morning session to attend and evening session to see the results] to diagnose % damage sustained from fight ; needs 1 doctor per clinic

- physical therapy - Primary asset of clinic, lessens time needed for recovery[injury days] by some %, also repairs damage sustained by some % ; needs doctor to attend classes, would work something like coaches in gyms

- surgery - repairs quite of the damage sustained to injured part of the body, requires 1 day recovery time after ; needs doctor of higher degree(more expensive)

- swimming pool - lessens time needed for recovery by some % [lower then physical therapy], boosts conditioning and strength[lower then conditioning] by some amount ; doesn't require doctor but needs upkeep

- sauna - lessens time needed for recovery by some %(lower then swimming pool), recovers morale by nice amount, good if you lose fight ; requiers upkeep

About injuries:

Fighter's body is divided into 4 parts: legs, arms, torso and head. Depending on fight and it's outcome parts of the body are injured by some %(arms from blocking knees in clinch or by high amount of strikes dealt, legs suffering from leg kicks etc.etc.). After some time when you accumulate quite bit of % (even recovered by physical therapies), you get permanent defect which can only be recovered by surgery.

In other words, physical therapy can get your parts of the body back to 100%, but it doesn't remove accumualted damage that leads to lower ko's and other stuff. This can also lead to differentiation of doctors needed for physical therapies, such that you can hire general one(for lowering recovery time by nice amount and repairing % of all parts by small amount) or specialized one which would more focus on parts of body(still would lower injury days but less then general).

Now, who would choose "less prone to injuries" hidden? wheelchair.gif

Thoughts? Please don't bash it hard, was just brainstorming last days...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, thread descreption says it all. We got injuries already implemented in a sense that you can't fight for selected days (you can but you will suck). Also, somewhere I've read that those injuries stack up so, for example, if you endure lot of damage to your hands, your KO power goes down (someone confirm this?). Further, Mike has already stated that he is thinking of making injury days also affect your training efficiency. In other words, things will get rough.

This is not true. Injuries are random based on the Injury Hidden. There are no localized injuries. They are all just generalities.

I like this idea, but it would also be cool to have more realistic injuries. For example fighter X gets hit with 20 heavy damage body shots, couldnt he perhaps get a broken rib? OR fighter X decides to go heavy damage on the head with punches, could we see a broken nose? Or he decides to drop heavy elbows on the ground, broken orbital? Leg kick injuries with hairline fractures? Lets kick it up a notch and encourage more fighters to bail the high counter accuracy route and go for damage. Its a fight game for gods sake hahah...

The more negative effects come from injuries the more we are going to see this whole counter accuracy issue go out the window.