Skill Maintenance

Ok green bar is the limit to where the tickers can go to before that skill starts to decline, Orange bar is where you're currently up to and grey bar means even if it fills with Orange the skill cannot drop

Once the green bar is full it will start with red, which means that you are now losing points every session (around 0.25 of a point per session its red)

You can make the Orange bar go down by training that skill (or secondary) and all tickers are totally reset after a fight

See the link posted above for more detailed info about it or check the wiki help site but that's a quick need to know description

Ok green bar is the limit to where the tickers can go to before that skill starts to decline, Orange bar is where you're currently up to and grey bar means even if it fills with Orange the skill cannot drop

Once the green bar is full it will start with red, which means that you are now losing points every session (around 0.25 of a point per session its red)

You can make the Orange bar go down by training that skill (or secondary) and all tickers are totally reset after a fight

See the link posted above for more detailed info about it or check the wiki help site but that's a quick need to know description

Actually, the wiki is the main thing that confused me. I also noticed I forgot to include part of my first post:

From the link above:

"Tickers are bars that go up and down depending on whether you train in a particular skill or not. If you train in boxing your boxing ticker will go down. So will your punches ticker and any other related tickers. However, your other tickers will go up slightly.

The orange bar is your ticker. If it passes the trigger point it will turn red to indicate that your fighter will be losing skill in this attribute.

If you fight, all tickers are reset. Your tickers are also paused for a period of time depending on the length of the fight. "

This method of measuring seems to me to be counter-intuitive and much more complicated to understand then necessary. If you are going to represent this information with a bar graph, why not use a bar graph in the way most people are used to seeing it used?

It's easy once you grasp it, think of it not as a graph but simply as a bar. When the Orange gets to the end of the green it means its hit the trigger point andthe next session the bar goes red

And I see your point there on how its worded. The bars go up regardless, some faster than others depending on the skill level of that stat. What that section basically says is

If you spar boxing then the boxing primary, punches and striking defence tickers will all drop. If you spar MT then the MT primary, Clinchwork, elbows and knees will go down etc etc

Fights reset all tickers back to the zero point and freezes them to give you chance to heal and regain energy without being punished, and when you fly it will pause them too so you don't lose out by having to rest

That's all you need to know about tickers, they aren't as complicated as people make out or they first seem

Grey bar = skills cannot decline

Green Bar = skill can decline at the end of the bar

Orange bar = ticker

Red bar = Orange ticker has passed the end of the green bar

Keep it out of the red by training the bars that are getting full and you will never decrease, its that simple

i found it very confusing as well at first, the orange bar moves from left to right and this can be reduced by training in this particular style/secondary/physical. The orange bar moves to the right when you dont train it and if it meets with the green bar your skill will start to degrade.

The green bar is shorten the higher skilled you are in this particular skill.

So if you have elite strength your green bar will be very short meaning that its a lot easier for the orange bar to meet with the green bar if you dont work on it to maintain it.

The red bar is only shown if the orange bar meets the green bar and the more to the right the red bar moves the more your skill is moving towards a depop, my guess is that if the red bar reaches all the way to the right that is when the depop will happen.

If that happens your green bar is extended and the orange bar is reset and the process starts again

Only thing I will add to m4j0r's post is that the skill starts to drop as soon as the bar goes red. It's 0.25 points lost in that skill per session the bar is red

Only thing I will add to m4j0r's post is that the skill starts to drop as soon as the bar goes red. It's 0.25 points lost in that skill per session the bar is red

100% info? i hear its like starts with 0.10 then 0.20 and so on.

Mike posted it when people were kicking off about it, explaining that it would take 4 sessions to lose 1 point and no more than 3 points maximum per week

So if you are on 139 boxing it will take 3 whole weeks to de pop down to exceptional

100% sure of that unless he has changed to degradation since just to spite the people bitching lol

That must have been a while ago because in 4 days now the most you can lose in primaries is 4 points total (1 point in each).

I take it back, I remembered wrong. Was sure it was 1 point in 4 sessions but its 4 days so that's a maximum of 0.25 per day not per session

yes but 0.10 + 0.20 + 0.30 + 0.40 = 1

It may be that formula then but that's per day not per session which is nothing. Hence why I always wondered why everyone has been bitching about these changes lol

I take it back, I remembered wrong. Was sure it was 1 point in 4 sessions but its 4 days so that's a maximum of 0.25 per day not per session

yes that could be true so i am kinda wrong also 0.40 sounded kinda to much.

It may be that formula then but that's per day not per session which is nothing. Hence why I always wondered why everyone has been bitching about these changes lol

at high lvl it kinda hurts i had guy at sensational with some kinda like 129.30 and i lost in two days 0.30 and its in his age like 3 sessions of sparring :(.

But Mike has made it so its quicker to train up the skills you've lost so with good sparring 1 day in the red gets re-set in one spar session. Just have to try to make sure tickers don't stay red for longer than 4 sessions

If its just to reset the tickers when they're near red then spar back to back, I know its diminishing returns on the points gain but it drops the tickers just the same

I am lost as hell well, it seems to be..backwards almost from what i gather??

http://i51.tinypic.com/iviee0.jpg

Take this guy for example. I have no idea what I am looking at honestly. I really had a extreme brain cramp on this new training. Someone explain what is going on based off this graph? Would help things a lot better

If you thought for a second, it aint that hard.. When a bar is grey, no skill can decline.. This means, that none of your secondaries can decline, even though (as you also can see) it gets to the end.. But your physicals and primaries are of such high level it is possible for them to turn red, once the ORANGE bar fills the GREEN bar completely.. If im mistaken, please correct me.. And when it turns read, it will decline with .25 point pr sessions.. This means you have to have it in red for 40 sessions to drop 1 level .. If im mistaken, plz correct me

Simplified, if the orange bar catches the green bar, it's bad. Training that skill, will send the orange bar, back to the left. The green bar goes to the left, if you increase in a skill, thus making the orange bar catch it easier.

Simplified, if the orange bar catches the green bar, it's bad. Training that skill, will send the orange bar, back to the left. The green bar goes to the left, if you increase in a skill, thus making the orange bar catch it easier.

Exactly this...

I look at it as it always moves the way you read. forget bars moving left, they simply shorten

Sorry but still freaking lost LOL. Think there could have been a million other types of graphs to make this easier.

If i am getting this then say the wrestling on that graph above should be trained in the near future as its the closest to losing points?

Forget the graph thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If its grey it can't drop

If its green then dont let the Orange reach the end

Orange bars go up

Red means bad and train it

So to simplify, if the Orange gets near the end of the green bar train it

It CAN'T get any simpler than that one dude