Need more mentors

This is the pertinent piece of this quote. What exactly is Mike supposed to be doing to fix the issues? Where is the general consensus on what needs to be done? Last I looked, the nutrition portion of the 'what to do next' had reached a deadlock, and the clothing thread is... none existent?

You, or anybody else, wants things to 'move along', then come up with the ideas on how to fix it, put it across, in a thread, and get the community backing. You can't just ask Mike to correct these issues, with 'fixes' put forward by one, or two people, at the detriment to the thousands of other managers. Just like the training changes, this shit needs serious debate, brainstorming, and a majority approval, before it goes ahead.

Here is the pertinent piece of this quote...

I've also had a whopping 2 years of no changes what-so-ever to Clothing companies within the exception of restrictions placed on monthly ordering, which has allowed anyone that can created a graphic withing the required dimensions to create and run a clothing store simply by undercutting everyone else. That opened the door for every new player to easily do what many people before them worked rather hard to establish.

In fact, people have been suggesting fixes to the 2 companies for quite a long time...long before you joined the game (not a shot at you whatsoever). When I brought up some of the very same "fixes" that are being suggested today, I was met with fairly hostile opposition because although everyone saw the problems (admit it or not)it wasn't in their best interest to support any change. Some of those most vehemently opposed are the ones leading the cause now and are offering almost identical suggestions. I'd say we have one helluva starting point and Mike has shown that he doesn't necessarily require a majority approval on matters that will prolong the health of Tycoon.

You aren't going to be selling shit to anybody, should the game fail to retain its userbase, and the status quo regarding clothing / nutrition, has been the same for years. People aren't going to up and leave, because of it.

The point that you're missing: nobody is "selling" shit. There are managers who have already stated that they'll never need to purchase another supp or piece of clothing again and I'm willing to bet there are many more out there with an excess of both. Both business ventures are really nothing more than a way to move money and fund training. Watch the weekly sales from time to time. There are well known companies out there that top the list regularly and then there are others that you've never heard of suddenly selling thousands of units...coincidence? Either way, the numbers that are being put up by old and new alike aren't "true" sales. I know because I've done it to test the hype system which is also flawed in part because of the state of business.

I consider myself corrected, and newly informed. Though, in all fairness, some sort of list like that, in your original post, would certainly have reduced some of the negative responses, instead of what came across as a shitty attitude, from your end.

The point that you're missing: nobody is "selling" shit. There are managers who have already stated that they'll never need to purchase another supp or piece of clothing again and I'm willing to bet there are many more out there with an excess of both. Both business ventures are really nothing more than a way to move money and fund training. Watch the weekly sales from time to time. There are well known companies out there that top the list regularly and then there are others that you've never heard of suddenly selling thousands of units...coincidence? Either way, the numbers that are being put up by old and new alike aren't "true" sales. I know because I've done it to test the hype system which is also flawed in part because of the state of business.

I'm not understanding what you're saying, here? (I think you're potentially misinterpreting my quote. My point was, without a steady influx of new players, business will essentially dry up, regardless, as the player outflow, would exceed inflow)

I buy large volumes of clothes, constantly. I change almost daily, if not to keep my morale up, but to support the regular clothing stores I shop with. I've never seen Managers that say they 'never have to buy another piece of clothing again', care to cite a source? Also, some reasoning behind that? Do said managers not understand about morale? Do they never lose fights? Do they just never wash in real life, and want to replicate it, in game?

Also, no offense taken on the 'before I joined the game' comment. However, it's wrong to assume it's my first pass at this game, in this case. :)

• Upvote 1

Roundtable 2

Warehouse Discussion - not directly my post - but contribution there

And here are 2 where I stand corrected

Rearranging items

Fighter Records

Those were nice things to have - but still didn't change much of how things worked in the favor of the companies.

@Mike - if you would like to toss me some personal contact information and if you would like to discuss this out more in private I would be more than happy to do so. Yes I'm sure the way it came off isn't well received, but frustration has gotten to an all time high as of late and I'm sure a lot of folks don't know what to do anymore.

I would be happy to hear and learn about what goes on day-to-day and the complex nature of what is being done to keep this thing alive.

• Downvote 2

I consider myself corrected, and newly informed. Though, in all fairness, some sort of list like that, in your original post, would certainly have reduced some of the negative responses, instead of what came across as a shitty attitude, from your end.

I'll give you that - but honestly it is hard to sit back and when restriction were put in to allow every other person in the game that wanted to start a clothing company that can compete with the top companies (Bushido, Hellbent, Hells Balls, Myself, Pwnage and others) that the time, that put in a lot of work to build their business and reputation, simply by undercutting costs to be happy about that. In this world of Tycoon - you would think that if you busted your ass to get on top, there would be some sort of benefit or reward to that in the business end of things.

• Downvote 1

Isn't it lovely how civilised a conversation like this, can become.

Cup of tea?

Edit:

Clothing Quality

This makes an insane amount of sense, and i'd be all over any support for that. It would also bring some legitimacy to the throwaway nature of 'morale boosters'. If they did the same job as increasing morale, as the more expensive ones, you could then purchase x quantity of them, increase your morale for cheap, then switch to the longer lasting clothes, once morale is restored. It also allows newbies a cheaper clothing start, should they even purchase clothes.

Also, some of my favouritest people in the game, currently, are clothing store owners, and i've shopped at 5th round plenty of times before, I love what you guys (the ones who put effort into clothing lines) do, and i'll support anything, that rewards you, for those efforts.

Isn't it lovely how civilised a conversation like this, can become.

Cup of tea?

Edit:

Clothing Quality

This makes an insane amount of sense, and i'd be all over any support for that. It would also bring some legitimacy to the throwaway nature of 'morale boosters'. If they did the same job as increasing morale, as the more expensive ones, you could then purchase x quantity of them, increase your morale for cheap, then switch to the longer lasting clothes, once morale is restored. It also allows newbies a cheaper clothing start, should they even purchase clothes.

Also, some of my favouritest people in the game, currently, are clothing store owners, and i've shopped at 5th round plenty of times before, I love what you guys (the ones who put effort into clothing lines) do, and i'll support anything, that rewards you, for those efforts.

I see more of a reason for this now than ever to be honest. At one time I was at the top of the clothing company juggling back and forth with the other major players in the game. My pricing was realistic in my mind. Since then, I have had to resort to drop all of my pricing to $10-$15 just to get sales. There were people that popped up and were putting clothing out practically at cost. At that point, if there is the same benefit for an item that cost $7 vs $24 - chances are they are going to buy the $7 one. I also used to send sponsors out like crazy because I was brining such large volumes of sales that I could send a majority of it back to the people that were buying. I haven't done that in while because my sales have tanked and part of that could be my fault in not brining out new stuff for a while or completely dropping off the forums for a while without advertising, but there has been little incentive to do so.

Nutrition had quality, so it was a race to get the best possible supp out there and charge market value for it. Now that everyone has the same thing, it is all about who can sell it the cheapest.