Fighting In Tokyo

Eveas

As some of you may know; I run Osaka Niten Ichi in Tokyo. Recently, I have been working very hard to bring in fighters and keep getting the same reply. They do not want to come to Tokyo. I offer top quality gyms, to pay moving costs or the price for 1st class tickets, and in many cases ( depending on weight ) money few orgs are able to compete with. I know many other cities are having similar issues, and what I want to ask is what it would take for managers to be more willing to come to Tokyo. I am having the biggest issues with MW and LW at the moment. I am willing to put in the time, money, and effort. I just need some direction.

This is partially an advice thread and partly a recruitment one. I am not here to whine and complain. What could I be doing better to lure managers to Tokyo, and if someone is willing to but needs that final push what would it take to get them to make the jump? To give an idea of how I do business once you are in ONI I am very flexible. I don't hold fighters hostage. If they are unhappy they are free to leave early. So far no one really asks to, but I keep the option available just in case. I don't punish or think less of fighters who decline a fight. I only ask they do it early enough I can find a replacement. We run frequent PPV's and hope next week will be our 1st profitable one. Crossing my fingers. I allow fighters to do super fights. If the fight is better for their careers than one I can offer it would be wrong to hold them back. I also arrange super fights in ONI for fighters who want them. Our writer recently moved on, but I will hire a replacement as soon as one is available and take over the duties until that time. I do posters and if a fighter wants a skin made from the body I put on his poster I keep those on file and do it for free.

Advice is appreciated, and if someone who wants to come over just hasn't had the right offer yet let me know what it would take. I want to keep ONI strong and on top. Naturally, that is my number one goal. I also want Tokyo in general to continue to thrive. Rising Sun is a friendly well run org we are happy to co-promote with. Average Joe's is our partner org and great with younger fighters. While I am trying like everyone else to get a K-1 division started Dynasy K-1 has been doing it since before it was cool. Tokyo has much to offer for those willing to give us a shot.

To be clear, this is not intended as a rant or whine. I do have recruitment issues, but I am looking for ways to fix them. Nothing more. I only want to discuss what could help.

ONI is the strongest organization in Tokoy and one of the top 5 in the world. It offer 10 minute rounds which in my opinion, you're a pussy if you can't handle it. ONI is one of the best run orginizations and will continue to be cream of the crop. I was aso blind, stinking drunk when I posted this so it took me an hour to go back and make corrections. ONI is beyond great. If you can't do 5 round at 10 minutes a piece, you suck. Grow a pair and join ONI.

6AM edit - I apologize for the drunken posting and mean no offense to anyone. I just love the 5x10 minute rounds because anything can happen.

The same reasons as Sydney really; long flights (less so than Sydney mind you), lack of gyms, lack of alliances set up there.

The majority of my fighters are based in Sydney, and I rarely even seriously consider contracts outside just because of the flight time and energy hit (and lost sparring given how important it is in maintenance) - I suspect the same thing happens with folks from outside Tokyo if you offer contracts to their guys.

I actually like Tokyo despite having only 1 fighter based there, the fights happen at 9am my time so its easy to check if my guy won or lost which is handy and if it wasn't for the fact I found a gym I really liked in Rio and thus created most of my new guys there a lot more would be in Tokyo right now.

The same reasons as Sydney really; long flights (less so than Sydney mind you), lack of gyms, lack of alliances set up there.

The majority of my fighters are based in Sydney, and I rarely even seriously consider contracts outside just because of the flight time and energy hit (and lost sparring given how important it is in maintenance) - I suspect the same thing happens with folks from outside Tokyo if you offer contracts to their guys.

With the first class flight function, hopefully more are willing to fight in Sydney and Tokyo now.