The Immortals Playground Smack Talk

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/28/28w2.jpg

Nigel Terry

Good Day, mates! I'm very excited to fight in my professional debut in The Last Man Standing event being put on by The Immortals Playground. I don't really know much about this chap, Carter Robinson, but I think it will be a right spectacular fight. Good luck to ye, mate!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

AYE YO THIS IS THE MEXICAN PRINCE MAN FREDDY MEDINA..YEAH MAN I KNOW I'M FIGHTING DARTH VADER HOLMES BUT I SWEAR I WILL DO SOME FORCE OF MY OWN..I AM GOING TO FORCE MYSELF UPON HIM HOLMES..FORCE MYSELF ON HIM AND IN..

• 1 year later...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/003d50072abca052705393720ba3b15a/tumblr_mjh2hnHo1h1s8406eo1_500.jpg

Check Out the New The Immortals Playground Website at http://theimmortalsp...und.tumblr.com/

It was Friday 1st of March and just an ordinary day in London and then there was the announcement that shocked the MMA world. Paul Gregory (aka Paul Bradley) not only announced his return to MMA management but also that he'd be opening a new fight org and this time in his homeland. Paul Gregory is known for creating exciting tournaments and building companies up from nothing and making them special. At KONFLIKT we saw the MMA Super 6's for the first time and who could forget the MMA World Cup. We managed to speak with Paul Gregory and he had a few things to say.

“Firstly, It's great to be back, I've recharged the batteries and am ready to go. I know it won't be easy and the road to the top will be a hard one, but I like the challenge and am more than up for it. I've been working non stop since we opened and already have 6 arenas booked for shows. I've signed over 70 fighters and we already have the 9th biggest roster in London and that's before we've even had a show. I've got a great guy assisting me in Asher Maverick, who's been working behind the scenes and got us a great looking website. I want to give special thanks to a couple of my older friends, like Scott Davies at Geezers Palace for all his support. I would also like to single out Bradley Burns for signing some talented fighters with the org and refusing to take payment; a truly classy guy, who like Scott is a great org owner.

We also have our own clothing line that will be available soon, so I'm really excited.”

The first Immortals Playground event takes place on the 23rd March lets have a closer look at the fight card, but first, a little bit about our sponsors.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1341197276AIL.jpg Amsterdam in London 95% Laundry

Don't forget to ask for sponsorships and be sure to thank them post fight.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1362628521logo_comp%20(1).jpg Nutrional

Sister Company of The Immortals Playground great value supplements to help your fighter be all they can be.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1305161914SPARTAN%20FIGHTWARE.gif S.F.W

An Official Alliance Partner and soon to be store for Official Immortals Playground Fight-wear.

TIP 1 – Gracie Vs Henderson

Main Event – (170lbs) Zeus Gracie (3-0) Vs Cliff Henderson (4-1)

Gracie specializes in the art of submission; 3 fights, 3 wins all by submission...all 3 in the first round. Gracie will be looking to take this one down to ground as quickly as possible and no doubt look to gain top position to stay clear of Henderson's ground and pound. Henderson despite being only a white belt has made a blue belt submit and works extremely hard, but against such a talented submission fighter he'll be looking to stay on his feet when he can and use his Wrestling and Muay Thai advantage in the clinch.

Co Main Event – (170lbs) Shorty Gonzalez (1-0) Vs Craig Paris (2-1)

Striker Vs BJJ in this one. Gonzalez will look to keep this a stand up affair and stifle takedown attempts with leg kicks while looking for an opening where he can finish the fight. Paris has the Wrestling to get this one to the mat and the BJJ to finish it once it's there, the question is can he do that before Gonzalez takes him out?

135lbs Mikendon Yagoobian (1-0) Vs Sean Manes (0-0)

Yagoobian will be looking to build on his quick debut win and if he lands more of his vicious head kicks it could be another short nights work. Manes is making his debut in this one; little is known other than he has decent Muay Thai and a purple belt in BJJ so you'd have to think he'll be looking to get this on the mat and bend Yagoobian into uncomfortable shapes.

155lbs JeanValjean (0-0) Vs Michael Weston (4-3)

Jean is making his debut, so little is known about him other than he's an all rounder. This should keep Weston guessing. Weston is looking to end a barren run of 3 defeats in the last 4 bouts and has the skills to do it as 3 submissions and a TKO will confirm. Weston favours a ground fight and if Jean takes the fight there he could be playing into Michael's hands.

170lb Tito Santana (4-1) Vs Simon Harrison (0-0)

Santana is one of many submission monsters belonging to Manager Nick Mcgarry. Brown belt BJJ expert Santana is riding a 3 fight win streak and has 4 submission wins in total. The ground is Santana's friend and he'll be looking to take the fight there as early as possible. The rookie Harrison has a solid Muay Thai background and if he catches Santana it could be game over. An intriguing fight where whomever imposes their will, will be the one with his arm raised at the end of the fight.

Completing the card are:

265lbs Joe Hind(0-0) Vs Oeyvind Leonardsen (0-0)

265lbs Brandon Griffin (0-1) Vs Harris Screwball(0-0)

265+lbs Rhett Flanagan (0-1) Vs Dr Pain (0-0)

170lbs JoshBarnot (0-3)Vs JoeCalzaghe (0-1)

205lbs Oliver Abbott (0-0) Vs PaulChilderley (0-6)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...