Fighter set to 100% standup... and goes to ground in the 2nd minute.

Being knocked down doesn't mean you can't take a punch, being Arlovski means you can't take a punch. The BJJ guy still had to survive the stand up. This is asking to completely avoid an element of the game because your fighter sucks at it.

Being knocked down doesn't mean you can't take a punch, being Arlovski means you can't take a punch. The BJJ guy still had to survive the stand up. This is asking to completely avoid an element of the game because your fighter sucks at it.

I wouldn't call being punched in the face and falling to the ground "surviving the stand up." "Avoiding an element of the game because your fighter sucks at it..." You mean like how you assert that a BJJ guy shouldn't need to stand up after he gets knocked on his ass? There's a word in MMA for lying on the mat after being punched in the face and after the ref has asked you to stand up. It's called a "knockout."

I'm not asking for preferential treatment for stand-up fighters or ground fighters either way. I just don't want my boxer to get arbitrarily sucked to the ground after his opponent falls down. I haven't watched MMA for very long, but from what I've seen, it's pretty much a standard that, if you get punched in the face and fall to the ground, if you never stand up, you lose. It's also accepted that if you punch a guy in the face and he falls down, you don't have to jump on top of him. (Again, see Silva v Leites.)

I'm asking for a little more realism, which I think MMATycoon will eventually get around to. You're asking for something that isn't consistent with MMA. When absolutely no one in a thread agrees with you, maybe you should consider that you're looking at things the wrong way.

This is asking to completely avoid an element of the game because your fighter sucks at it.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a white belt, a purple belt wouldn't want to go to the ground with a black belt either (or in my cases a blue belt against a better blue belt).

And in real life if a fighter knocks someone down, he'll be punching his heart out on the ground while the other guy is covering up. In this game, he'll often just lie on the ground and control while the other guy sweeps or tries sub after sub. Sometimes he'll even jump to the ground, and then he'll just try to get back to his feet.