Is there a "silent majority" of casual players we need to cater to more?

myronmonroe

I have said this numerous times already over the last 3 years "Changing clothes is for chicks." I dont come to an mma game to change my dolly's clothes all the time. I like the option but I dont like the requirement. That said, the real problem with changing clothes is people dont know they dont have to do it all the time. I dont know where it says how to get your morale up quickly in the wiki. I dont think it does. Put the magic whites on for a day and it pops to 86%. I just learned that a couple months ago and I just told two friends who have been playing longer than me and didnt know. Easy fix: put this information out so people all know it.

Turns out, that is a bug that is gettin fixed at some point.

just fyi, that trick with switching to the magic whites to get back to ~85% morale was not something intended, and it will be fixed at some point. so if it all of a sudden stops working don't post an error thread about it :P

another thing of note, stuff like the clothing/supp switch and gym schedule. Wasnt mike workin on something like assistants or w/e?

First off, this is still the best and the only online game I have ever played. I have seen the game evolve for the better numerous times and I am positive Mike is going to continue to make the game better.

I have said this numerous times already over the last 3 years "Changing clothes is for chicks." I dont come to an mma game to change my dolly's clothes all the time. I like the option but I dont like the requirement. That said, the real problem with changing clothes is people dont know they dont have to do it all the time. I dont know where it says how to get your morale up quickly in the wiki. I dont think it does. Put the magic whites on for a day and it pops to 86%. I just learned that a couple months ago and I just told two friends who have been playing longer than me and didnt know. Easy fix: put this information out so people all know it.

Supplements require me to log in twice a day to change them for circuit training and strength because those need to be trained or my skills will decline due to tickers.

The biggest problem for me is the tickers. Before the changes we could log in whenever and handle all our business for a few days at a time. Now we have to log in every day and often twice a day. The difference is the required log in times. I dont have time to get to a computer to play this game EVERY day twice a day. I dont think I spend more time playig the game than before the changes but now I have to spend it where before I did it becuase i wanted to. Let your tickers drop you say. How can i be the best in the game if my skills are declining?

I dont like that I have required times I have to log in. It has become tedious busy work for me and i dont want to deal with it anymore so I have released my fighters and i am taking a break. Maybe this is the way Mike wants the game to be and that's OK, but if my opinion helps there it is.

Plan your training schedule up ahead then, you know what skill is going to reach the "red zone"(and the speed that ticker move is pretty constant, so you know how around many sessions left before it goes red) just by looking at the ticker bar anyway, it's not hard to set for half a week(or even a week) while still hitting everything going into the red at appropriate time.

To answer the original question of the topic, of course there is, there always is in most of the games. But the question is:

1. what are the exact problems they are facing,

2. which of them are the most important and

3. which solutions improve their experience the most without spoiling the game for others or being too hard to implement.

When put like that, I think most of us will agree that changing clothes and updating training aren't the most critical of issues. Can you imagine the scenario in which you don't need to change clothes or pay attention to your fighter's resting periods, and the number of new active players increases significantly because of that ?! I know I can't. Because if that's what's going to make or break the game for someone, then that same person sure as hell won't go through months and months of occasional fighting and constant learning in order to become what we would call an active player. As annoying as those things are, they're far from crucial.

What we need is a focused and organized effort in order to define the most important problems and find the most suitable solutions. I did the best I could and wrote a detailed, long ass, 2 part post about it a few days ago (part 1 and part 2). Sorry for pimping my own thread, but I'm just trying to contribute as much as I can and if anyone comes up with a better or more detailed definition of the problem, I'll pimp theirs as well.

In a nutshell, the problem for new managers is not what some older managers think it is and I can speak from my own experience because I've been here for less than 4 months, but am a "fast learner" ;) and have read just about everything there is to be read about the game. I also suggested one good way to improve the situation for new players without changing the way the game works for everyone else and with some suggestions from others, it's shaping up nicely and looks like it would even benefit different org owners and some veterans.

It's unfortunate, though, that while many intelligent managers will go through great lengths to participate in Jacky's adventures and similar topics of great importance, they will not put the same amount of effort into using their ideas and experience to make the game better for it's arguably most important group, the new players.

Ehhh,, you are aware of the "save all" button at the bottom of the page, aren't you?

I have 15 fighters, and it takes less than a minute to change all their clothes.

31 clicks in a row,, job done.

It might not take that long but it's not fun for anybody so why include it in the game? If you multiply the minute it takes by the thousands of people who play this game, that's a whole lot of time wasted doing a boring activity.

Did anyone else have the same experience as me with friends? I notice morale dropping on their guys, so I text them "change your clothes! It takes a few minutes per week!", and they reply "blah whatever"...or when they need to let their fighters rest after training....which involves clearing out their training to rest, then putting it back in the next week. I would text them "dude, rest your fighter, he can't train right after a fight", or "dude, put your fighter back to training, he doesn't need to rest any more".

Yeah, I've gone through the same thing with a couple friends of mine. They're casual MMA fans and just wanted to fight. They didn't wanna change clothes or even train! One of them got use to it and stuck around for a couple months, but they all ended up quiting.

Personally, I don't have any real complaints with the game (aside from tickers, never trained in a personal gym, the highest skills i reach are Wonderful and I'm getting de-pops! WTF!) or I wouldn't still be here after a couple years of playing.

But yeah, the point is, I think something needs to be done for the more casual players but I don't know what the answer is exactly. It's actually pretty clear something needs to be done, how many managers are there currently playing, 8000? In the entire world?!?! Like I said, I enjoy the game, but the majority of people that sign-up (casual or hardcore) just don't find it rewarding enough for the amount of time it consumes.

Plan your training schedule up ahead then, you know what skill is going to reach the "red zone"(and the speed that ticker move is pretty constant, so you know how around many sessions left before it goes red) just by looking at the ticker bar anyway, it's not hard to set for half a week(or even a week) while still hitting everything going into the red at appropriate time.

I really appreciate the constructive advice Android but that isnt as easy you might think when your fighters look like mine do. I go red in two days (4 sessions) for some fighters in some skills. The system isnt broken and i dont think it should be changed but when you have sensational and elite skills ESPECIALLY if they are opposing the tickers start to move MUCH faster. If I knew exactly how much drop I would get in each ticker category from each type of training i could plan it in advance BUT I never had time to track it since the changes and I cant figure out how to get the numbers that other guys see using chrome or whatever.

Hey look its Gary. Good to see you back.

I really appreciate the constructive advice Android but that isnt as easy you might think when your fighters look like mine do. I go red in two days (4 sessions) for some fighters in some skills. The system isnt broken and i dont think it should be changed but when you have sensational and elite skills ESPECIALLY if they are opposing the tickers start to move MUCH faster. If I knew exactly how much drop I would get in each ticker category from each type of training i could plan it in advance BUT I never had time to track it since the changes and I cant figure out how to get the numbers that other guys see using chrome or whatever.

Hey look its Gary. Good to see you back.

Cheers man, oh and anyone with some training advice feel free to send it my way still dont completely understand the way it is now :(

• Upvote 1

I'm ok with the tickers but I actually started to enjoy training again at the end of last year when I was using up my Holiday Mode days. Right now, it just seems like a daily chore.

Haha, same here! The last 14 days of the year I was thinking "damn i forgot that training used to be fun"