Post fight smack talk

I think the 'Say something else' (Smack Talk) option for post fight interviews sould have some sort of effect like 'thank fans' or 'hype yourself' does.

• Upvote 1

I think the 'Say something else' (Smack Talk) option for post fight interviews sould have some sort of effect like 'thank fans' or 'hype yourself' does.

It is impossible to code that, since the engine has no way of knowing what you said. It therefore is completely incapable of determining whether the audience would react favorably or negatively.

Until artificial intelligence is perfected this will remain impossible.

It is impossible to code that, since the engine has no way of knowing what you said. It therefore is completely incapable of determining whether the audience would react favorably or negatively.

I think what he is suggesting is that the "say something else" feature should give an automatic boost regardless of what you actually say. So in other words, picking the "say something else" option would offer the same gains as "thank fans." Personally, I completely agree. I never use the "say something else" feature because it is pointless as it stands now. I would definitely use it if it had similar effects as the other options.

It already been done… I’m suggesting it be coded in the exact same manner as the 'hype yourself' option.

I think what he is suggesting is that the "say something else" feature should give an automatic boost regardless of what you actually say. So in other words, picking the "say something else" option would offer the same gains as "thank fans." Personally, I completely agree. I never use the "say something else" feature because it is pointless as it stands now. I would definitely use it if it had similar effects as the other options.

:notworthy: Exactly!

I disagree. If you say some completely douchey thing to anothe fighter, a manager or even to or about the fans themselves then there should be no random chance that they like what you say. they would vilify you for it. and that cannot be coded.

Yeah, I suppose that's true.. But frankly, I don't think it should matter what you say. The feature is there to add a little flavour to the game, and I think that adding a boost for using it is a good idea. No one uses it currently and I think that is too bad, it's a fun little feature and people should be encouraged to use it. I feel that it should carry the same boost as thanking fans.

Edit: And you could also make the argument that saying something douchey would increase your hype. Everyone loves to hate a villian, and that is hype. There is no such thing as bad press, right? :)

In my opinion it would have to be the same as 'hype yourself' because you're taking a risk that the crowd won't like it.

I think most managers would us it to talk smack not write poems.

• 2 weeks later...