User-owned venues. Could they work?

lordweird

Im sure this has been suggested before. Oh well.

Why do we have nutrition companies (which arent really a staple of MMA) but not venue companies? Think about the options this could open up for game growth. It will help make MMATycoon more of the wonderfully unique game it is. It wouldnt need to be an extremely comprehensive and complex system. It could be a simple system that would be risk versus reward.

Random features could include:

Setting the capacity (a risk if you have too much starting off)

Setting "accommodations" a value you spend on perks for patrons and fighters

Reward venue owner for having higher ranking fighters fight at venue

Keep track of event quality. if you run better shows your attendance jumps more quickly

Orgs and venue owners could barter for deals to benefit both parties

Rental fee could be adjusted to owners liking. Also allowing discounts for certain orgs

Existing auto-venues could be kept open to give the companies some starter competition

I am aware this could conflict with orgs, but I think the idea could be smoothed out into a good one

• Upvote 1

This has been suggested before. On numerous occasions. One time I, myself suggested it. Bt it got shot down. It would require a lot of coding and I was basically told that if I wanted it t be seriously considered that I would need to develop it more. I havn't had the time to do so, but if you want to word with me on something like this then PM me and maybe we can put our heads together and work something up.

This has been suggested before. On numerous occasions. One time I, myself suggested it. Bt it got shot down. It would require a lot of coding and I was basically told that if I wanted it t be seriously considered that I would need to develop it more. I havn't had the time to do so, but if you want to word with me on something like this then PM me and maybe we can put our heads together and work something up.

I'm always down for brainstorming for the greater good of the game. (GGoG)

I am no coder but would b happy to stand in on the brainstorming for this too, its a good idea that I would love to see implemented so would do what ever I could to see it get off the ground :)

I am no coder but would b happy to stand in on the brainstorming for this too, its a good idea that I would love to see implemented so would do what ever I could to see it get off the ground :)

OK... tell you guys what. I am pretty busy at the moment, but within a day or two I should be able to get started on this. I'll PM the both of you wth what I have and we can go from there.