Contest: Make a commercial video for mmatycoon on youtube. Win 1 year vip

Kronix

At the momment i am without broadband due to moving house , but it will be back on this thursday (26th) ,since my downtime i have been heavily using video editting software for a new promo video for VERSUS london ,come thursday i will upload ghe video to youtube and post it here,

but have got to say now , this video pushed it to the edge ,i couldnt have done it any better.

so keep your eyes on this space :) when its uploaded turn headphones to full blast.

I will explaine how i did it step by step

and how i went about it ,pitfalls and all,

like i said this is a promo vid for versus but it could easily be converted to mma tycoon using the same music and graphics with a little editting

nemesis , its the same ;) make a cartoonisch thing ;) just let object on your image move ;) .. and set it up in windows movie player (that one is for beginners ideal).. and u have a movie :D

hope you enter this competition too :)...

HGH Nutrients in in Amsterdam want's to donate 100k and a 100 unit mix of supplements, to this fantastic cause.

Kronix, feel free to decide if this is to be split between the winners or as a part of the first price. :)

Great, I'll add it. Thanks a lot.

Still images I can do, making a commercial to put on youtube... no idea :(

Good luck to everyone who does this can't wait to see them once they are up!

It's a good start. All you have to do is use random video maker program to add the still images, add audio and you are good to go. There are programs like fraps that can help. What it does is that it records what you see on your own screen. So basicly you can record what you are doing on your screen and use it to make a tutorial or whatever you like.

http://www.fraps.com/

Still images I can do, making a commercial to put on youtube... no idea :(

Good luck to everyone who does this can't wait to see them once they are up!

still images are a large part of any video , you dont have to have the image moving , you move the camera ,most video editting packages alow you to pan and scan ,left,right,up,down so it gives the appearence of moving

Can anyone recommend a good video editing software? Preferably something that isn't overly complicated. I'll most likely only be using it once so I don't want to spend a bunch of time learning something I'll rarely use, if I ever use it again.

windows movie maker ,you may already have it installed,if not goto microshyte website and download it for free ,its basic but with a little fiddling you can achive good results

also for screen captures windowns 7 comes with a built in screen capture software ,lo0ok in your start menu/accesories , then select the snipping tool ,this alows you to capture whole screens or secelcted areas ,its a good piece of software

• Upvote 1

well finaly got my broadband conection back today :)

so here is the video i have done since being off line

ok how i did it :-

first off i knew i would be offline for ten days so had to collect the content i needed beforehand

i went to youtube and found the music i wanted ,i then used a youtube downloader (google it)

i then used a video conversion program to rip the audio from the video so i was left with the mp3.

next i got an a4 paper and divided it into 8 sections i used this for a storyboard ,where i scetched out in pencil how i wanted the video to look in each scene.

now i had the basic idea of what i had to get and do , so i googled images of mma cages and arenas , i found seven that i liked and downloaded them.

i loaded them into gimp and impossed the versus logo over the cage canvas and the giant tv screen above the ring.

i already had videos of fighters etc ,but they were watermarked as i didnt pay for them ,i tried to remove the watermarks with mixed results , i know its possible but in the end i gave up.

so i had :-

music

still images eddited

and videos

I used video magic pro to put this together ,and as mentioned above learning to use a package like this is not easy to begin with but the more you experiment the better you learn to handle it.

so laid the audio track down and noticed it starts loud then goes quiet and builds back up towards the end so had to get an eraser and go back to my storyboard and move things around to fit the music.

now i added five still images of the arena and decided to show each image for a set amount of time ,the soundtrack runs for 2.30 or there about so i had to fill that time to get the full effect,now this is the clever bit the arena backgrounds dont actualy move they appear to move but i moved the camera instead to give the impression of movment (this took time to get right) but it padded the video out to the required 2.30 if i wanted to use all the music.

then i started to add the video clips ,first off i just cut from still to animation but it just didnt look right ,so then decided to mix both but dumb down the videos transparency so they showed through the arena images,this was trial and error untill i was happy , at this stage it was starting to take shape but had bloody awfull watermarks showing through.

next i added the text ,finding a font took a while untill i was happy ,then i had to think about content of what i wanted the text to say ,as the olympics are being held in london this year i decided to use this and try to get the message across that it wasnt the only event in london this summer ,this again took trail and error and to be honest the timming isnt quit right now.

eventualy i had the finished video and it looked good but i then thought about adding sound clips over the music track ,because there is a bit in the middle of the music that goes quiet , i found the sound clips didnt mix well there so i had to add them where the music got louder ,the begining and the end realy(alpha~omega).

deciding what clips to add was a bit hit and miss and a lot of it should work but it doesnt sort of thing? lol anyway the ones i included i think work well ,prizes for getting what films they come from? maybee:)

now i was on around mark56 video but i had made a fatal mistake right at the very start in the frames per second , i did all edditing in 25 fps which you realy dont need for web videos so decided to drop it to 20 frames per second ,this threw all the music sound out ,so had to go back and resync it.

finaly got it about right ,now needed to save it out in a video format ,be carefull when selecting resolotion and format as the diffrences are huge , i went with a youtube standard res and used xvid format.

and thats about it.

If i was doing this properly i would have paid for the video clips and would have had them without watermarks but this was something to keep me busy while offline.

hope you enjoy it and any questions are welcome ,also i didnt pay for any program that i used this was done at no cost ,thats not to say the video software i used is free to buy ,but if you ask or google you will get it free nudge nudge!

If i was doing this properly i would have paid for the video clips and would have had them without watermarks but this was something to keep me busy while offline.

hope you enjoy it and any questions are welcome ,also i didnt pay for any program that i used this was done at no cost ,thats not to say the video software i used is free to buy ,but if you ask or google you will get it free nudge nudge!

You mean: to try it and buy it later right ;) hahaha

my first version of promo for mma tycoon ,this is noway finished i just wanted to see if i could add all the info i needed to ,the 1.30 gives you little time to play with so its prety botched at the momment

anyway this is version one ,the video above was version 60 odd before i was happy :)

but i like the music i choose and the video clips its just a matter of getting it all to look prety etc.

• Upvote 1

It's a nice video, but seems like there are some major false advertising AND copyright issues involved. If I didn't know this game at all and saw that youtube clip, I would probably this this is a UFC Undisputed type game with killer graphics. I'd visit the site and probably be disappointed. Second, I think there would be copyright issues if Mike were to use Undisputed clips in an effort to promote his for-profit business.

• Upvote 1

It's a nice video, but seems like there are some major false advertising AND copyright issues involved. If I didn't know this game at all and saw that youtube clip, I would probably this this is a UFC Undisputed type game with killer graphics. I'd visit the site and probably be disappointed. Second, I think there would be copyright issues if Mike were to use Undisputed clips in an effort to promote his for-profit business.

i think you have a point :)... this cant be used as official marketing thing... only as fan is it posible to promote it as not official trailer, its like using sims to make a movie (youtube got the right to use the music.. they pay for it)

Thats the problem for me too... im busy making the vid... the music will not be a huge copyright issue because i composed it myself (but the melody sounds maby something too much as sultans of swing i can change it tho if someone complains about the copyright thing) the main issue is to get free copyright material or to create some action in the setting of the game itself.

Its hard to promote a text base site with a vid... it doesnt invite you to watch it...

ummm no mike has said that he has no problem with us using copy stuff , we are small fry so wouldnt get noticed if we did all they do is politly ask you to take it down :)

but come on when i made the video it was rough as i stated but i dont think i did infringe any copywrites? anything on youtube is free gratis/ i didnt post it so therefore i didnt break the law sort of thing , simply downloaded it but not to play as a game so i didnt break the law :) if the media i used is part of a game but not an actual copy of the game and i didnt rip it , it goes on and on , basicaly its not breaking any law that any company will take to court :)

now this video does break laws :-

i did this vid a few days before this comp was announced and was content to say the least , this is what people reading this thread need to be aiming for:)

but thers a lot of clicking on the soundtrack? this wanst there before i uploaded it , so i learned something , and it shows in the other video i did , i ran the soundtrack through a few fliters , . hey this is all new to me

I need to add this to this thread

deciding to make a video is a massive decission in its self ,you are putting yourself out there a bit like singing in your local bar on a saturday night , you just dont know how other people are going to take you.

but in the end you say " lets try" at this point you realise you need to learn a whole diffrent dialect , this isnt facebook anymore , this is serious work and even before theres a rough product there is massive amounts of trial and error , sure we can all use windows movie maker but a story needs a begining , middle , and an end , same as a video , what you have in your head takes a massive amount of work for others to see.

people think i have a bannging soundtrack all i have to do is add fight video , its not like that honest! it takes hours and hours to get a rough draft to work from.

then the real work starts , but like my example above its good but looking at it i see flaws , it was ok at the time but not now , dunno :)

i just hope someone comes up with something that reflects this game in its true light

i make vids myself... to be honest.. they are very cool :) but its not true that u dont use copyrighted matrial... almost the whole vid is (or did u recorded the fighters yourself) but the small bits of fighters etc are not a very big problem in this vid. The music and especially the ufc (game) matrial are a problem because its related to "a game" and this is "a game". something that is free to listen doesnt mean its free to use in a commercial... but like i said.. as fan creation there is some space to move in ;), but mike cant use it.. even if it was the smallest game on earth.

Youtube paid for the music, non commercial use of almost all music in the word, so free doesnt mean free to use for everything ;) (it isnt supposed to be downloaded either ;p but we all know we can )

Because i like your compitition i give you some advices:

there are copyrighted free songs (very old songs or people who want to get their music to be listen a lot ;)

second tip: get rid of the UFC matrial.. it makes it more useable ;)

again... and i think i can speak for Johnniewalker too, it wasnt a discussion about your qualities... the vid is very good... and did set the mark (the one to beat)

and we appreciate your hard work on it, but the discussion was: is it legal to use.. and on wich terms.

And my answer is: as fan material... there is only a risk to be deleted.... as commercial for mike, it will cost him a lot of money to do so (the music rights are buyable even in this form and not a very big risk to use it without it on youtube... the ufc material is a big risk because its using material from a game or org with a game to promote a game with the same main theme ;) )

Hope you understand that it wasnt to be a pain in the asss.. it was just to help you out ;)... pm me in game if you have questions about the legal rights etc ;)