just out of shear curiousity

64 members have voted

1. 1. would you donate to remove tickers?

• yes
    • no
    • i'd pay if i had the money. but i dont so i wont. but damn the tickers!

not true one bit -- jacky has done nothing but bitch cause he feels his guys chin decreased -- the bitching will continue from one side or the other -- as the saying goes you cant and will never please everyone -- but im ready to see what new system mike has coming -- maybe i just mastered the ticker system (actually i just adapted to it) and dont see the problem except it not being strong enough

Come on now. You are using Jacky as an example. He was going to bitch about losing one way or the other. I dont believe he really thought his chin declined. Even if his guy was old enough for his chin to decline. i think he would prefer to admit his guy had a good run and now his days at #1 were over because his chin isnt what it used to be. Rather than bust his ass spending tons of time on tickers just to have his skills decline and get the same result.

If my guy is old then just decline him. Dont waste my time in the process. Even if i choose to not look at tickers then my guys would decline at 22 years old. We already have a thread of when people are seeing red tickers. If you didnt bother with them you would never get a skill past superb. So you are not declining due to age but due to having a life outside the game.

not true one bit -- jacky has done nothing but bitch cause he feels his guys chin decreased -- the bitching will continue from one side or the other -- as the saying goes you cant and will never please everyone -- but im ready to see what new system mike has coming -- maybe i just mastered the ticker system (actually i just adapted to it) and dont see the problem except it not being strong enough -- and their just as many if not more that have adapted to it as from looking at the voting as went

the voting is about even and mastering a system that doesnt achieve anything isnt any sort of accomplishment lol. you're just managing to get around a system that mike reduced down to put a lid on the complaining. it's the equivelant of the make a wish foundation holding a go-kart race and tuning up the engine so that the sickly kid can win the race. he gets the feeling of success but he's not really winning the race. that's what you're doing by managing to "beat" the tickers haha. it's comical that you take pride in that haha. go get'em champ

Come on now. You are using Jacky as an example. He was going to bitch about losing one way or the other. I dont believe he really thought his chin declined. Even if his guy was old enough for his chin to decline. i think he would prefer to admit his guy had a good run and now his days at #1 were over because his chin isnt what it used to be. Rather than bust his ass spending tons of time on tickers just to have his skills decline and get the same result.

If my guy is old then just decline him. Dont waste my time in the process. Even if i choose to not look at tickers then my guys would decline at 22 years old. We already have a thread of when people are seeing red tickers. If you didnt bother with them you would never get a skill past superb. So you are not declining due to age but due to having a life outside the game.

well i can see if your unable to login but couple times a week it would be a problem but your nor jacky spend tons of time on the game and in forums so its not having a life outside of the game causing your decline -- both of you two spend as much time on here as me -- you both on here all day long -- so dont think you can use that one -- not trying to argue with you but just saying if thats the case maybe a couple minutes less in the forum a day and you wouldnt see a decline -- your using a excuse there that you personally cant use -- maybe others can use it which like i say if you can only log in couple times a week i do think it could cause you problems but if you can log in once a day for couple minutes and actually look at your tickers you would never decline -- but like you say maybe mikes next system will not give your the choice to decline or not like this system does hopefully it just happens and nothing you can do about it

so what lol? i can link fighters too

created a year ago My link

My link

My link

My link

i mean really. these guys have been in the game how long? seriously dude. use your head. this is just one guy. i dont like shiv, but i have respect for him. he's been playing this game with those fighters and content....im amazed. but really, how long is he suppose to wait before he can play at a higher level? now obviously his fighters have secondary skills, but i still dont get your mindset? are you bound and determined to keep other players down at all cost? i have sympathy for shiv because i went through the same thing. i invested 7 months into 15 fighters and they all looked exactly like his. nothing about the game right now is inviting for new players. i mean, if you were in that situation do you think you would be happy? you gotta look at it from other ppl's perspective to get the full view

in all seriousness, you just come across to me as the guy that doesnt care what the situation is, you just dont want to see anything change. you're scared of change. but that's just life

The skills on Shiv's guys have nothing to do with tickers, they must have shit learning speeds or have been training out of public gyms before moving into private gyms..

My link

My link

Both created around the same time, had similiar fights.. Around that ID there was a massive slow down in learning speed overall, it has since been sped up once maybe twice. getting a decent learner these days is hard purely because of the slow down in learning speed in general.. Prior to the tickers change people were getting learner speeds in excess of 10 so you could realistically still compete with fighters that scored 7 etc.. Now getting a 7 is in the absolute upper echelons, but rolling scored below 5 is the norm.. and getting score below 5 really puts you at a too much of a disadvantage against fighters created in the high speed days. (yes there are just as many other important factors with fighters and hiddens that have to be taken into consideration but i'm looking purely at learning speed and skill levels gained)

I've spoken to Mike before about tickers and decline being tied into attributes and damage taken over a fighters career (injury hidden becomes meaningful). Therefore depending how your attributes are set once you reach that "injury time" amount you will lose a X amount of your skills at a % of what your attributes are set like.. You wouldn't even see the tickers it would be a loss of skill that no one has any control over, it would also solve a lot of problems in people leaving the game and coming back to destroyed fighters etc.

I want more holiday mode time.

MORE MORE MORE

MOAR!

you'll need some more pulling my foot from your ass mode time as soon as the new ncaa comes out haha

the voting is about even and mastering a system that doesnt achieve anything isnt any sort of accomplishment lol. you're just managing to get around a system that mike reduced down to put a lid on the complaining. it's the equivelant of the make a wish foundation holding a go-kart race and tuning up the engine so that the sickly kid can win the race. he gets the feeling of success but he's not really winning the race. that's what you're doing by managing to "beat" the tickers haha. it's comical that you take pride in that haha. go get'em champ

lol what is comical is you saying you cant or admitting you cant adapt or deal with them -- lol -- i like pulling your strings though your so easy to get going -- really though a 6 yr old could deal with the tickers but it just kills a grown man -- lol -- and yes i know the voting is almost even hence the reason i say just as many that feel it should change (like you and brainsmasher) feel it shouldnt change -- the reason why i said you cant and will never please everyone -- im not saying tickers are perfect they arent but i also dont agree them or the system should just be done away with -- which mike also feels since he isnt doing away with the idea just changing the system -- maybe if you would of put the voting up the way it should of been done it would of made more sense -- like keep tickers and system now or change ticker and input new system -- but no you asked to do away with totally which isnt the best way or thing to do -- maybe then the voting wouldnt be so even or close -- cause i do think many dont like the tickers but feel a system has to be in place but you didnt give that option

edited: bottom line is honestly i dont think edfan really has issues with tickers cause personally i dont think he has trained anyone in months and months that from his own mouth -- he actually wants training speed back up but knows tickers or that system has to be out first

well i can see if your unable to login but couple times a week it would be a problem but your nor jacky spend tons of time on the game and in forums so its not having a life outside of the game causing your decline -- both of you two spend as much time on here as me -- you both on here all day long -- so dont think you can use that one -- not trying to argue with you but just saying if thats the case maybe a couple minutes less in the forum a day and you wouldnt see a decline -- your using a excuse there that you personally cant use -- maybe others can use it which like i say if you can only log in couple times a week i do think it could cause you problems but if you can log in once a day for couple minutes and actually look at your tickers you would never decline -- but like you say maybe mikes next system will not give your the choice to decline or not like this system does hopefully it just happens and nothing you can do about it

I am on here off and on between waiting on customers at work. But i dont use that time to look at tickers because ti takes me OVER an hour to do them. So unless i got a couple hours of uninterupted time i wont even look at them. Because if they are red and i dont have time to do something about them i will worry about them all day until i can address them. So i just dont look. I get that time on Sundays. I check them sunday night only to see something from almost every fighter in the red. Then i go and adjust every fighters training to get out of the red and try and prevent them from turning red until the next sunday.

I am on here off and on between waiting on customers at work. But i dont use that time to look at tickers because ti takes me OVER an hour to do them. So unless i got a couple hours of uninterupted time i wont even look at them. Because if they are red and i dont have time to do something about them i will worry about them all day until i can address them. So i just dont look. I get that time on Sundays. I check them sunday night only to see something from almost every fighter in the red. Then i go and adjust every fighters training to get out of the red and try and prevent them from turning red until the next sunday.

hours? wow -- sorry i dont even know what to say to someone that it takes over and hour to set training or look at tickers besides, I'm sorry -- takes me about 3 more minutes then it use to take setting my training -- but i will round up to 5 minutes longer just cause i feel bad now -- if your logged on everyday throughout the day it takes a maximum of maybe 5 minutes to set training for that day why not set it for that day instead of entire week, im just asking since your on everyday and it only take a couple minutes to set it -- unless your not on for days at a time setting it daily is so much easier -- i still dont see how it would take an hour even setting it for entire week -- it takes a matter of seconds to switch out a training spot

you'll need some more pulling my foot from your ass mode time as soon as the new ncaa comes out haha

yea too bad the Chokies lost their best RB to the draft....looks like you'll finally have the throw the fuckin ball , which is bad news for you, since you were a running game whore :)

yea too bad the Chokies lost their best RB to the draft....looks like you'll finally have the throw the fuckin ball , which is bad news for you, since you were a running game whore :)

we dont re-build. we reload :P

saw the future #1 draft pick logan thomas saturday. he was tubing with hunnies. so i think we'll be alright :P

hours? wow -- sorry i dont even know what to say to someone that it takes over and hour to set training or look at tickers besides, I'm sorry -- takes me about 3 more minutes then it use to take setting my training -- but i will round up to 5 minutes longer just cause i feel bad now

Maybe you have fund a way to make the tickers less effective for you so you dont have to change much. The rest of us on here are not fighting to keep a system just because we found a way to manipulate it. You sound like those who cried when the counter glitch was removed. You cling to the tickers not because its a good system or realiztic system but because it gives you an advantage. I go through and set all my training for all my guys for every day of the week and analize what i need to train and all that stuff. Not just to reset a skill or two. But also prepare for my next fight with each guy. You claimed to do it daily so how are you comparing the time you spend to me doing it once a week? A little contradiction if you ask me.

The skills on Shiv's guys have nothing to do with tickers, they must have shit learning speeds or have been training out of public gyms before moving into private gyms..

My link

My link

Both created around the same time, had similiar fights.. Around that ID there was a massive slow down in learning speed overall, it has since been sped up once maybe twice. getting a decent learner these days is hard purely because of the slow down in learning speed in general.. Prior to the tickers change people were getting learner speeds in excess of 10 so you could realistically still compete with fighters that scored 7 etc.. Now getting a 7 is in the absolute upper echelons, but rolling scored below 5 is the norm.. and getting score below 5 really puts you at a too much of a disadvantage against fighters created in the high speed days. (yes there are just as many other important factors with fighters and hiddens that have to be taken into consideration but i'm looking purely at learning speed and skill levels gained)

I've spoken to Mike before about tickers and decline being tied into attributes and damage taken over a fighters career (injury hidden becomes meaningful). Therefore depending how your attributes are set once you reach that "injury time" amount you will lose a X amount of your skills at a % of what your attributes are set like.. You wouldn't even see the tickers it would be a loss of skill that no one has any control over, it would also solve a lot of problems in people leaving the game and coming back to destroyed fighters etc.

that is one and probably only issue with tickers (besides tickers not being strong enough) is that if you do have to leave game for awhile or something happens and your mia for awhile the decline killing them -- i know a lot of folks like to take time away and the 2 wk holiday time just isnt enough time or runs out soon for them -- but it is impossible to do it with the current system -- so hopefully the new system will fix that

we dont re-build. we reload :P

saw the future #1 draft pick logan thomas saturday. he was tubing with hunnies. so i think we'll be alright :P

EA Sports implemented tickers and nerfed training to NCAA 13 ,so we won't see any development from Logan Thomas. Sorry bud. Game over. :arrowhead:

Maybe you have fund a way to make the tickers less effective for you so you dont have to change much. The rest of us on here are not fighting to keep a system just because we found a way to manipulate it. You sound like those who cried when the counter glitch was removed. You cling to the tickers not because its a good system or realiztic system but because it gives you an advantage. I go through and set all my training for all my guys for every day of the week and analize what i need to train and all that stuff. Not just to reset a skill or two. But also prepare for my next fight with each guy. You claimed to do it daily so how are you comparing the time you spend to me doing it once a week? A little contradiction if you ask me.

I do all mine once a week on a sunday and don't touch it for the rest of the week, I haven't had a de-pop yet, my guys still improve where they need too for upcoming fights as well... Go figure???

not contradicting you even 6 day a week times 5 mins a day is 30 mins -- but like i say trying to do it a full week at a time would cause more pain and time consuming but hrs is crazy -- i can see why your hating or disliking the game if it takes you hours to set it -- honestly i use to set training a full week ahead but i dont anymore and havent in awhile hence the term adapting maybe give it a try daily and it wouldnt be near the pain in the ass as your saying it is now nor would you see any red im willing to bet -- and im not clinging to tickers i just dont want to go back to old system of nothing like this thread or op is / was wanting -- im fine with mike changing it up to be a less pain for some but dont want it done away with or no system in place -- sorry if you misunderstood that im not against this system or another system being put in its place -- i am against going back to old no system in place

takes me OVER an hour to do them

okay but you said OVER so thats moving in on hours -- but honestly maybe try my suggestion, just trying to help -- not sure how long new system will take to get in place so might help till its in -- but honestly it sounds like your just disregarding them when most arent or dont

okay but you said OVER so thats moving in on hours -- but honestly maybe try my suggestion, just trying to help -- not sure how long new system will take to get in place so might help till its in -- but honestly it sounds like your just disregarding them when most arent or dont

I never said the tickers are a huge problem. I just feel they are pointless and a waste of time. My current way of doing things are fine. But it would be better if i didnt have to waste any time at all. There isnt anyone who can use the holiday mode and not enjoy 2 weeks of not worring about them. Thats same enjoyment can be had while at the same time accomplishing what tickers were meant to do. We can have the best of both worlds. Im doing fine right now. But i do see a time where if i get behind that it can push me from the game. The extra time be it 5 minutes or an hour only speeds up the point which people get burnt out on the game.

I'll admit it takes me over an hour as well each night, but I blame that more on me being in chat when I start setting training. I set 2 fighters and get caught in a side conversation. Still, I have 20 fighters. Only 15 train, and of those 2 are spar bots. So, I am actively setting training for 13 guys each night before bed. I can easily see that going 20-30 minutes if I wasn't distracted all the time. If all my guys trained I would say 40 minutes is not unreasonable to suggest. It does take some time. My biggest complaint about tickers is not the time they take, though. My 2 issues are that they do kick in too early with 26 year olds that are almost all to the left, and Mike nerfed them right after implementation. People whined that they worked, so he nerfed how much you slip while in the red. That was a terrible move.

Mike nerfing them gave people the belief that they were meant to be able to maintain their high skills when the whole goal was to make them unable to maintain those skills and force them to pick and choose which they needed. After the nerf the feeling set in that we should all be able to forever maintain our skills without ever depopping. That went completely against the point in the 1st place. We need depops, and we need to be unable to stop them all. We should have to choose which skills we need to keep and depop the ones we don't train.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll admit it takes me over an hour as well each night, but I blame that more on me being in chat when I start setting training. I set 2 fighters and get caught in a side conversation. Still, I have 20 fighters. Only 15 train, and of those 2 are spar bots. So, I am actively setting training for 13 guys each night before bed. I can easily see that going 20-30 minutes if I wasn't distracted all the time. If all my guys trained I would say 40 minutes is not unreasonable to suggest. It does take some time. My biggest complaint about tickers is not the time they take, though. My 2 issues are that they do kick in too early with 26 year olds that are almost all to the left, and Mike nerfed them right after implementation. People whined that they worked, so he nerfed how much you slip while in the red. That was a terrible move.

Mike nerfing them gave people the belief that they were meant to be able to maintain their high skills when the whole goal was to make them unable to maintain those skills and force them to pick and choose which they needed. After the nerf the feeling set in that we should all be able to forever maintain our skills without ever depopping. That went completely against the point in the 1st place. We need depops, and we need to be unable to stop them all. We should have to choose which skills we need to keep and depop the ones we don't train.

While i agree with what you said. Making the tickers mor eeffective will make people have to spend much mor etime trying to maintain them. People will never quit trying to keep their skills. Simply because if you put in th etime you do keep skills longer so Mike would only be fueling the fire of the process that would burn people out of the game very fast. If tickers were any faster than they are now(enought to get the effect you are talking about) i would have to just quit the game. It wouldnt be fun anymore. I like the fights and strategy of findig the game plan to win. I could careless about the other aspects of the game at this point. When those aspects interfere with the fun fighting aspect then the game just isnt worth it. Just my opinion of course.

• Upvote 1

While i agree with what you said. Making the tickers mor eeffective will make people have to spend much mor etime trying to maintain them. People will never quit trying to keep their skills. Simply because if you put in th etime you do keep skills longer so Mike would only be fueling the fire of the process that would burn people out of the game very fast. If tickers were any faster than they are now(enought to get the effect you are talking about) i would have to just quit the game. It wouldnt be fun anymore. I like the fights and strategy of findig the game plan to win. I could careless about the other aspects of the game at this point. When those aspects interfere with the fun fighting aspect then the game just isnt worth it. Just my opinion of course.

one reason why i say next system shouldnt be able to stop it -- just make depop or decline happen -- this system gives you the option to stop it which you shouldnt have the option -- i see both sides of the coin though i see managers here wanting sensational to elite across fighters and wanting to keep them that high but also just as many managers not wanting to see sensational to elite across fighters cause its not realistic or fun to them -- cant just look at what you or i want have to look at best for the game and try to find that middle ground to keep everyone involved -- but again i have just as much fun fighting this guy http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=171164 as i do this one http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=63718 -- possibly little more fun fighting the newer guy cause i have certain aspects i have to worry about there -- older guy just isnt the same cause he can has a chance to win the fight no matter where it goes -- newer guy will get owned in certain aspects no matter slider setting so little more game planning involved

I agree about not allowing people control of them. But the problem with that and keeping tickers even if they are invisible is you cant honestly expect people to be able to play the game without any record of when they have last trained the skill or how long they are allowed to go without training. There is over 20 different training skills you would have to track. If you give them a reading of when they last trained something or how long they can go you get the same problem. People spending time trying to avoid declines. Or have some decline and some not based on pure chance. It is just easier to not have a time limit of training something imo. If you dont train something you dont improve. Slow training down, leave a small window in which to learn. Its just much more fin and simplier.

Say you have a hidden that stops a fighter from learning once they hit an age between 22-26. Even those who got a lucky hidden a got 26 wouldnt be able to mx out skills if the learnign speeds were right. You would have X amount of learnign time and you have to spend it wisely. There are many ways to achieve the same things you guys want without the problem the tickers/Maintainence cause.

• Upvote 1