Why the hell are the Try Takedowns and Try To Clinch sliders opposites?

Paradigm

I most likely just lost a fight tonight because I wasnt paying enough attention evidently when setting sliders earlier today. Instead of 15% clinch, I went 85%...argh.

Whose idea was it to make those two sliders work in opposite directions? I'm trying to see what possible reasoning there could have been when setting up the slider configurations.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I most likely just lost a fight tonight because I wasnt paying enough attention evidently when setting sliders earlier today. Instead of 15% clinch, I went 85%...argh.

Whose idea was it to make those two sliders work in opposite directions? I'm trying to see what possible reasoning there could have been when setting up the slider configurations.

Not sure I understand. I thought it was:

Stay on outside or clinch. Stay standing or takedown.

You could go clinch takedown, or shoot from a distance.

What do you mean about working in opposite directions?

If you want to avoid trying for takedowns you want that slider all the way to the left. If you want to avoid clinching you want that slider all the way to the right. Them being opposite kind of invites mistakes. I've been close a few times.

If you want to avoid trying for takedowns you want that slider all the way to the left. If you want to avoid clinching you want that slider all the way to the right. Them being opposite kind of invites mistakes. I've been close a few times.

I've made that mistake with takedowns. Gabe Christianson vs. Jon Jacobs. Gabe had useless takedowns at the time and I ended up shooting for 30 takedowns and playing human punching bag for 13 minutes. It was bad. Worse part was that Jon Jacobs was one of my own fighters that I had dropped not long before that.

done this plenty of time. I just got fucked in the league of legends tournament because I set 92% try to clinch instead of the 8% intended. It really should be switched to the other side. It doesn't follow a logic line the way it is now and many more will make the mistake. I know my last fight probably wasn't the last time I set the slider wrong as I've done it a few times before

I just got fucked in the league of legends tournament because I set 92% try to clinch instead of the 8% intended.

You fucked yourself by not paying attention to an extremely easy task. People need to own up to their mistakes instead of looking for someone else to blame. There are many, many more important things to fix with this game.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I think you played the game long enough to know this beforehand. Don't blame someone else because you fucked up.

• Upvote 2

You fucked yourself by not paying attention to an extremely easy task. People need to own up to their mistakes instead of looking for someone else to blame. There are many, many more important things to fix with this game.

I don't do any coding but is this that hard to fix? Its like having a car that steers normal but in second gear only, the steering wheel inputs are reversed. Yeah, people fuck up...I got that...even top managers. If it's not hard to fix, then why not fix it? If the sliders were setup the other way, you know, in a consistently logical manner, then there would be no room

for discussion. Why defend poor design?

I don't do any coding but is this that hard to fix? Its like having a car that steers normal but in second gear only, the steering wheel inputs are reversed. Yeah, people fuck up...I got that...even top managers. If it's not hard to fix, then why not fix it? If the sliders were setup the other way, you know, in a consistently logical manner, then there would be no room

for discussion. Why defend poor design?

If it would be changed now, imagine how many people would fuck up the sliders in the coming months?

• Upvote 3

Yeah I agree, not the games fault...I made the mistake before but mine was mostly due to brain farting on the mobile version. I read the results, said "ooops im an idiot no more mobile version for me because i am apparently not smart enough to use it" and moved on...lol

• Upvote 1

If it would be changed now, imagine how many people would fuck up the sliders in the coming months?

It wouldnt if they highlighted that specific slider in yellow with red letters for "Try Takedowns/Keep Standing" and "Try To Clinch/Stay On The Outside". You could even send out a mass message from Mike Tycoon about it...I've gotten mass messages from him before.

Keep the ridiculous color scheme for that slider like that for 6 months so that no one could miss it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why defend poor design?

Why defend lazyness? No offence, but it's not rocket science. I set my sliders in 2-3 minutes. Win some, lose some, but I've never made that mistake in 400 fights (I actually checked how many fights I've had, and it's exactly 400, hooray!)

Yeah I agree, not the games fault...I made the mistake before but mine was mostly due to brain farting on the mobile version. I read the results, said "ooops im an idiot no more mobile version for me because i am apparently not smart enough to use it" and moved on...lol

This guy gets it.

Why defend lazyness?

I've made the mistake once and I definitely think lazyness is a bad way of putting it. Lazyness is not setting your sliders at all. Misreading a slider is more of a mistake and not being lazy.

But I agree that they might as well stay the way they are now. More people would be confused by the change for the few people it would actually help. Sometimes you make mistakes and you just have to live with it. People all of a sudden want to blame the game for everything. I think Jacky started a trend.

I think you played the game long enough to know this beforehand. Don't blame someone else because you fucked up.

Who was I blaming besides myself? I'm just trying to see the logic in setting up the sliders that way. Nobody seems to have a good reason.

Why defend lazyness? No offence, but it's not rocket science. I set my sliders in 2-3 minutes. Win some, lose some, but I've never made that mistake in 400 fights (I actually checked how many fights I've had, and it's exactly 400, hooray!)

This guy gets it.

I'm not defending laziness...I fucked up. If you're telling me that the way it is set up right now makes the most sense logically, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you like things set up in a manner that isn't consistent...

• Downvote 1

Who was I blaming besides myself? I'm just trying to see the logic in setting up the sliders that way. Nobody seems to have a good reason.

I'm not defending laziness...I fucked up. If you're telling me that the way it is set up right now makes the most sense logically, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you like things set up in a manner that isn't consistent...

The better question is how did you fuck it up? Regardless of logic, it's not like he switched them last week or something just to fuck with people.

• Upvote 1

The better question is how did you fuck it up? Regardless of logic, it's not like he switched them last week or something just to fuck with people.

How? I set like sliders for like 3 or 4 fights in a row...maybe up too late at night?

Also, that was my first fight with the guy, since I had just picked him up. I remember when I was setting his sliders that I somehow had two pages open for him. After checking one of the pages to make sure that there were no changes done to that page, I ended up closing it. Maybe I got confused on which page had been already set or not. I do save the original settings for fighters when I pick them up so I can restore them if I release them. Gonna check now to see if his old owner had it at 85% clinch.

I just don't see the point in altering the slider because one individual is having trouble with it. I understand it might seem backwards to you, but it's clearly labeled--I must have had over 400 fights by now and never had an issue with it.

Changing it now would cause absolute mayhem--particularly for people who rarely change their sliders.

• Upvote 1