Sparring

ButtFry

So my fighter ButtFry is at 88 points in wrestling (3 star sparring in wrestling) and I just wanted to boost him to 90 points. 3-4 wrestling training sessions later with around 3-6 guys per session (mostly my other fighters who are around 3 star with one at 4 star in wrestling) and I'm still at 88 points. Wtf? Where am I going wrong?

The sparrers need to be of a better skill than yours, try getting into a much more crowded sparring classes at lower levels. I reckon 1 session and you'll pop.

Sparring takes your partners stars and divides them by the amount of people sparring to give the average so if the average is 3.5*'s your not benefiting the most you can.

I think that's right?

Hey thanks for your response. His energy is fine (86% after 4 straight sparring sessions). I guess some of my lower level wrestlers might be lowering the bar for ButtFry? Would one on one sparring with a higher or same level fighter as my own be beneficial? Or Can he only pop when sparring with someone better? That's where I'm lost bcos you'd think a 3 star guy training with 5 2 star guys would get a decent growth value.

Ok I think I got it. I'm guessing my secondaries might average out around 85-95 for the wrestling catagories which must be slowing up my sparring training.

Which would answer another question I've seen asked here and I've wondered myself... Which to train first primes or seconds... Seems seconds are the clear choice.

And to further that should I try to train them both evenly (primes and seconds) or go 100% seconds then just build up the primes to round it all out?

I depends: Say you are making a striker and don't really care about wrestling or BJJ but need some to not get grounded out. In that case you might chose to spar BJJ and not have any subs so you can have higher secondaries in other area's before you get close to the limit on points. This way you would sparr up wrestling and BJJ and really only have a high TTD and grap D secondary, but could still be a Exceptional wrestler and a high purple or low brown belt.

It works both ways, high primaries allows you to build low associated secondaries faster and vice versa. I think because tickers its easier to build high secondaries and spar to lower tickers and over time they will even out. Once you get to a high level you have to sparr and C/T a lot to maintain tickers it gets hard to build secondaries as you only get a few sessions a week to train them as the rest can be ticker management.

I Maybe wrong, but don't think so.

So I understand that you shouldn't let your energy slip past what i heard was 85% but sure maybe 90%. I've also already read that you shouldn't double up sparring sessions. In this instance I am experiementing with sparring that's all and loaded up his wrestling sparring just to gauge the results. And the results were .5 of a point in 4 sessions. So i need to know how to improve that. Duphus has provided some good info already but any other info is appreciated as well.

Mainly what I need is a specific answer on what should I do to get the best results for my 3 star wrestling sparring fighter. One on one sparring with any better wrestler? Is that the only option? To my understanding I wouldn't want any big class size now that I'm already at 3 star because anyone lower would be just spread out the talent of anyone better than my fighter?

So I understand that you shouldn't let your energy slip past what i heard was 85% but sure maybe 90%. I've also already read that you shouldn't double up sparring sessions. In this instance I am experiementing with sparring that's all and loaded up his wrestling sparring just to gauge the results. And the results were .5 of a point in 4 sessions. So i need to know how to improve that. Duphus has provided some good info already but any other info is appreciated as well.

Mainly what I need is a specific answer on what should I do to get the best results for my 3 star wrestling sparring fighter. One on one sparring with any better wrestler? Is that the only option? To my understanding I wouldn't want any big class size now that I'm already at 3 star because anyone lower would be just spread out the talent of anyone better than my fighter?

Basically you want the biggest class sizes with as many 4+ star ranked guys you can get.

Sparring worth. How does primaries effect sparring besides the sparring worth-stars?

Example. If my fighter has elite boxing. He is sparring worth 5 stars. Does it mather at what level the one/ones he spars with is at, as long as they are sparring worth 5 stars? Does it mather if the partner is sensational at boxing as long as he is at 5 stars? When my fighter is an elite boxer.

Please, clarify this.

Sparring worth. How does primaries effect sparring besides the sparring worth-stars?

Example. If my fighter has elite boxing. He is sparring worth 5 stars. Does it mather at what level the one/ones he spars with is at, as long as they are sparring worth 5 stars? Does it mather if the partner is sensational at boxing as long as he is at 5 stars? When my fighter is an elite boxer.

Please, clarify this.

The Star rating figures many different things into the star rating. Things like Primary and related Secondaries are certainly and obviously a factor but so is morale and current energy level. Also if you spar back to back sessions then it might have an effect on your effectiveness and hence the star rating. Physicals may also play a part in how effective your star rating is, but I am not certain on this point.

Ok, yes thanks, but i knew that already :)

What I meant was if the primary, as itself, besides the star-rating would boost the learning. Are you with me? Not as it effects the star-rating, but outside of that.

I've been thinking about this. As if a sensational boxer (5-stars) would downgrade the learning for the spar-session an elite spar-boxer (5-stars) already is in.